Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Newtonhill
Guide
Guide

We have 3 cameras in our system and an amber warning triangle that keeps inflating and contracting has appeared in the bottom right corner of one of the cameras.  The firmware is up to date but I can't find anything online to let me know what's wrong.  Any tips would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

As mentioned above, this icon will display if you have CVR or Activity Zones enabled on your Pro 2 while the camera is not plugged in. The purpose of the icon is to indicate that these features will not work unless your camera is plugged in.

JamesC

View solution in original post

56 REPLIES 56
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you clicked on it to see what it says? I have one that says AC power isn't connected so CVR is disabled. It's just a notification.

Swpm9073
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have same issue.

I don't have a cvr plan.

Following.

Virote328
Star
Star
I’ve got the same problem.. I only have the basic free plan. And one of my cameras is showing a yellow circle with white triangle with an exclamation mark. Tapping it does nothing.
dryoho
Star
Star
Same issue in 1 of 2 cameras. Just started last night after auto install of new iOS Arlo app. I suspect that this is not a coincidence. Looks like a bug vs operational issue. Hopefully fixed soon.
Swpm9073
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just checked android phone, doesn't show up.
Just on iPad
Sailorg20
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue on 1 of 3 cameras. The issue started yesterday. Amber triangle shows up in Arlo app on ipad, but not iPhone. Clicking on the triangle does nothing. It goes away when I enter live mode, but reappears when not in live mode. Basic subscription. Powered by battery (63%). All operating systems & firmware are up to date.  Affected camera is outside (covered porch). Unaffected cameras are inside. 

Newtonhill
Guide
Guide

Thanks for the prompt reply. It looks like it’s only my iPhone that’s affected as there’s no triangle on iPad. Tapping the triangle does nothing as others have posted. It would be great if tapping the warning actually told you what the issue is. 

Newtonhill
Guide
Guide

@jguerdatwrote:

Have you clicked on it to see what it says? I have one that says AC power isn't connected so CVR is disabled. It's just a notification.

Thanks for the prompt reply. It looks like it’s only my iPhone that’s affected as there’s no triangle on iPad. Tapping the triangle does nothing as others have posted. It would be great if tapping the warning actually told you what the issue is. 

Virote328
Star
Star
Just wanted to add more details.

I have two Arlo pro 2’s but only one of them have the yellow symbol.

I am using an iPhone App running iOS 11.3

The app is version 2.4.8

The camera works. It can do live view and records when motion is detected.

I have the basic plan only.

Tapping the yellow symbol does nothing.
Swpm9073
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mine is showing up on iPad and tapping it does nothing
1 of 4 camera's free plan.
Does not show up on android phone.
arlopro2user
Star
Star
Exact same thing started today or so with one of my cameras. Four Arlo 2 cameras deployed, only one has the orange Triangle going on. Charged it back up just fine, rebooted the base station... still persists.
noonebutme
Initiate
Initiate

Ditto here. Seeing warning symbol on both iPhone and iPad. The yellow warning triangles appeared today for the first time and we don’t know why, or how to clear it. The only thing out of the ordinary was that we turned off both cameras for over 24 hours. We were doing yardwork and forgot to turn them back on until the following day.

DJN12
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem here with one of my two camera's. No notification on the AC poweren one, amber triangle on the battery powered one.

Kuvtutub
Tutor
Tutor

same here, showup on one camera, only on my iphone app tho, the website is fine. tap on it n no response. so stupid, hopefully we get an answer soon. 

rjbones
Guide
Guide

When activity zones are created on Arlo Pro 2 but camera is not connected to the AC power source, the orange/yellow warning icon  will keep on popping up.

If you are uncomfortable with it, connect the camera to the AC power source . If you prefer to make it wireless,  remove the activity zones that were created.

If the warning still shows up after plugging in the camera to AC source or removing the activity zones, try to re-install or clear cache on the Arlo iOS app.

Virote328
Star
Star
I’m not using activity zones at all. Those require constant power
rjbones
Guide
Guide

How about clearing the app cache or reinstalling the Arlo  app,  have you tried it already?

Newtonhill
Guide
Guide

Thank you. I think that will be the problem. I did create a zone to ignore a road to stop recording when cars passed by and did as the instructions said to connect to ac power to activate. I created a zone, connected to ac power to activate then disconnected to remount camera outside. I didn’t realise it had to be.permanantly connected to ac power for the zone to work. I can’t see anything in the user manual that says the camera would have to be permanently connected. Creating your own zones seems to be a bit of a pointless feature if they don’t work outdoors. The zone was created on my iPhone which has the warning but the other 3 devices using the app don’t have the warning triangle. I presume the zone therefore only works on the device that creates the zone?

Rocky1951
Guide
Guide

Jarvitribe
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem.  I updated the iOS software on April 1st and immediately noticed this.  It looks like a bug in the update.  Can anyone confirm that is the case?

Rocky1951
Guide
Guide

Rocky1951
Guide
Guide
Arlo pro2
toddmarg
Aspirant
Aspirant

This just started for me too. I have two cameras and on my iPhone app both Device video stills are showing an orange circle with a white triangle and exclamation point symbol. Like the others, tapping them does nothing and my firmware is up to date.I'm using Arlo app version 2.4.8. on iOS 11.2.6.   A Netgear tech should address this as it appears to be a bug.

Skyview114
Guide
Guide
Same thing here. It started when I updated the new version of the app. I can no longer speak in Two Way. I’ve tried and check all mic access and offloading the app.