Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Newtonhill
Guide
Guide

We have 3 cameras in our system and an amber warning triangle that keeps inflating and contracting has appeared in the bottom right corner of one of the cameras.  The firmware is up to date but I can't find anything online to let me know what's wrong.  Any tips would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

56 REPLIES 56
Rocky1951
Guide
Guide
Deactivate Arlo App to remove anber warning triangle.
Virote328
Star
Star

I tried the 2 way speaking and it doesn't not work on the iOS app.

The Website works.

But the app does not.

I tried to toggle off then on the microphone permission.  It worked once but sadly stopped working after that.

Someone from Netgear needs to read this thread since the problem is effecting so many people.

DJN12
Aspirant
Aspirant

Amber triangle disappeared after uninstalling and then re-installing the app.

Skyview114
Guide
Guide
I did the same thing reinstall with the app and the triangle disappeared, but the Two Way still is not working after I allowed the access to the mic.
Skyview114
Guide
Guide
After multiple checks and unplugging the base and powering up it’s still not working with Two way in order to speak. Fix the damn app
Rob411
Aspirant
Aspirant
Setting up reaction zone with 1080p camera with no AC power connected caused my error. For the camera with amber circle and triangle, Video settings mode set a reaction zone with AC power charging cord. If you try to set up reaction zone with no power card attached you will see image with reaction zone showing same triangle on green or other color. Select save then back to device view, tap Amber circle. Screen will display message” AC power has been disconnected from your Arlo device. Activity zones are disabled. A green box surrounding the words “OK, got it”.
Dave352
Tutor
Tutor
Netgear, can you advise what the problem is with this???

I’m having the same issue.
Dave352
Tutor
Tutor
To everyone having the same problem as I am:

I just spoke to Netgear customer service and they stated that there is a bug in the app and they are aware of the problem and working on a fix.
Rocky1951
Guide
Guide
Delete app and re-install to clear amber triangle.
NoveltyPatches
Aspirant
Aspirant
The amber warning ⚠️ only appeared on my IPhone 7 Plus and not on iPad Air, iPad Pro or Samsung S8.
It appears that if you delete the app and then download it again it works..
Skyview114
Guide
Guide
It clears the orange triangle
But the two way speaking still isn’t working .and yes the yes the mic settings are on.
rjbones
Guide
Guide
I got the Amber triangle issue resolved by reinstalling the app. For those having issue with 2 way talk feature, you have to contact Arlo support or post that concern on the thread related to push to talk issues.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

As mentioned above, this icon will display if you have CVR or Activity Zones enabled on your Pro 2 while the camera is not plugged in. The purpose of the icon is to indicate that these features will not work unless your camera is plugged in.

JamesC

1Pr1ngle
Aspirant
Aspirant

Bdavis9989
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same exact thing happened after app update. No microphone capabilities and orange triangle in every camera. No zone are created. Sounds like a bug in new update. You would think arlo would fix this with all the complaints that have been left.
lmills44
Aspirant
Aspirant

I feel like Arlo has updated us all with a bug. I have never had an issue in the past and now suddenly we all have the same issue. I have 4 cameras and it is only happening on 1, (the one I recently brought in to charge). I do not use CVR and I do not plug in. It only shows on my app and not on my computer when I view the devices. My camera still seems to be working fine just has this orangle warniing icon. 

Rocky1951
Guide
Guide
Delete your app and reinstall it
toddmarg
Aspirant
Aspirant
I deleted and reinstalled the app and now the motion detection is not working on my front camera.

The best way to get these software releases improved is to give the Arlo app bad reviews in the App Store. Consumers need to know about the problems they will experience with Netgear products.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Reinstalling the app has nothing to do with how the system operates. Is the running man for the camera gray (disarmed) or black (armed)? Is it possible you went into Modes and changed something during this process? If not, power cycling the base may well set things straight.

Rocky1951
Guide
Guide

Dave352
Tutor
Tutor
@netgear
When will the above complaints be resolved as I’m still having the same issue after you sent out the most recent update?
toddmarg
Aspirant
Aspirant
I agree that reinstalling the app should not impact the way the system operates, but I’m no longer getting motion detection on my front camera after doing so. Both running men are black (armed)., but only the rear camera is detecting motion now. Perhaps, its a coincidence, but that’s never been an issue before. I’m traveling so I have no way of resetting the base until I return.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It can be risky but you ca restart the base remotely. It would be good if you also have someone who has acces to power cycle the base, just in case.

Virote328
Star
Star
dichotomouz
Initiate
Initiate
I have a VMB40003rB. Complete uninstallation and reinstallation of the iOS Arlo application removed the amber warning for me, thank you.