Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 amber warning triangle

Discussion stats
Newtonhill
Guide
Guide

We have 3 cameras in our system and an amber warning triangle that keeps inflating and contracting has appeared in the bottom right corner of one of the cameras.  The firmware is up to date but I can't find anything online to let me know what's wrong.  Any tips would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

56 REPLIES 56
Oranges
Aspirant
Aspirant
The electronic piece of equipment that you first most likely made the mistake on will be the only device w/ the amber “!”
REMOVE & REINSTALL APP IN THE SINGLE DEVICE THAT HAS THE “!”
Give the equipment time to pick all signals back up.
toddmarg
Aspirant
Aspirant
Rebooting the base did not work for me. I had to pull the battery from the camera to re-enable motion detection (all this after having to reinstall the app to resolve the amber triangles.).

So the UX team at Netgear figured the best way to warn about using Activity Zones or CRV without direct power (even though I received the warnings absent of these conditions) was to present a generic warning icon and offer no further information when they are clicked?
Oranges
Aspirant
Aspirant
REMOVE AND REINSTALL APP IN THE DEVICE THAT HAS THE “!”. Most likely like me, i created zones on a camera that did NOT have AC connected. This caused the fault. I tried everything. Removing the battery, completley removing camera yhen reinstalling to base. None of these worked until it dawned on me why only the one device? I deleted and reinstalled app and all is well!!!! : )
Willis37
Aspirant
Aspirant
Uninstalling and reinstalling app took away my Alert triangle not sure why it came up in the first place ???
This is the only process that removes the triangle .. restarting system rebooting power cycle etc.. did not work..

(iPhone 7 Plus app)
Sailorg20
Aspirant
Aspirant

As I reported previously, I had not created any activity zones nor had I set up CVR (as suggested by other posters), yet the warning triangle mysteriously appeared on one of my cameras after the April 2018 software update.  The warning triangle was still on that one camera until last night when the Arlo software on my iPad received the update to version 2.5.0 (release date May 4, 2018). Now the warning triangle has disappeared. I did not uninstall and reinstall the Arlo app as others suggested....the Arlo update fixed the issue that the previous version introduced.  So glad Arlo finally corrected the issue they introduced last month.

NW-NorthAmerica
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not using the ANdroid APP (that has a lot of its own issues).  I am using Wndows 10, Browsers Chrome, Edge or Firefox, and it shows up on two of my cameras. (Orange Trianble with an "!" in the center.  Refresshing the screen and logout, login does not change it.  THis appears to be on the Netgear side and no way to fix it in the browsers.

I am not sure if it has any functionality impact though.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

NW-NorthAmerica,

If you click the icon, it should give you an indication as to why it is there. What message are you seeing when you click the icon?

JamesC