Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
kasnh
Apprentice
Apprentice

I just got an Arlo Pro 2 2-Camera system 2 days ago and I noticed that while live streaming and when motion was detected I get a "The Request Timed Out". Seems not right. Camera signal to base is strong, 3 bars. I've a 200MB up/down internet connection

Also, all the custom modes that I created the day before disappeared after a few minutes of trying out Arlo Smart. Both on web interface and app. The default modes were messed up as well (Armed - motion detection turned to audio). I've reset Arlo base and reconfigured my modes. Is this common with Arlo? All this issues on 2nd day!

13 REPLIES 13
JehovasFitness
Luminary
Luminary

same thing happens to me. Good luck, Arlo's are buggy as can be. You learn to deal with it

Dannybear
Master
Master
There are workarounds to the spaghetti code issues in the base and cameras, I just can’t keep ahead of them all when they change with each firmware update.
kasnh
Apprentice
Apprentice

So the modes disappeared again.... This was when I noticed 1 of the Arlo Pro 2 cameras wasn't getting triggered by audio/motion. I disconnected/reconnected the battery then the custom modes I've set last night, after doing a factory reset on the Arlo base, were gone again.

Dannybear
Master
Master
Do you have basic activity zones enabled on any of your cameras?
Have you applied pinch and zoom to any of your cameras?
kasnh
Apprentice
Apprentice

On the camera that wasn't triggering; Basic Zones, yes. Pinch and zoom, no.

Dannybear
Master
Master
What you described is similar to what was discussed in the thread below.

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-2/Arlo-pro-2-mode-and-schedule-settings-continue-to-be-delete...
Dannybear
Master
Master
For the timeout issue, see the following discussion thread, look for the workarounds on the page after the solution.

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-2/Arlo-Pro-2-Cam-Externally-Powered-Lockup-s-amp-Encoder-Erro...
kasnh
Apprentice
Apprentice

Ahhh! Yes! it's somewhat similar to this. God forbid the siren don't get activated when motion is detected when another random mode gets armed!

Dannybear
Master
Master
In my experience you should not be concerned with the siren as the siren device is also deleted from the rules.
kasnh
Apprentice
Apprentice

As for the custom modes disappearing/deleted/changing, is it the "Scheduled" mode that's messing it up?

Dannybear
Master
Master
If a mode is deleted, any schedule entry that uses that mode will disappear also.

The work around for me is to delete all activity zones from your cameras, be aware that deleting them will also cause the settings to be changed, so you will need to add them back again. Then keep an eye on the camera settings to make sure they do not reappear by themselves.
kasnh
Apprentice
Apprentice
Guess what... I woke up today to find out I didn't have any recordings. Active mode that the schedule switched to ( camera didn't have zone) didn't have "record/ do nothing" option both on web and app, it was missing.

This is frustrating
Dannybear
Master
Master
I usually have the activity zones return by themselves on the camera from time to time but not very often, seems to be critical in the first 48hrs after you remove them.
Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation