Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Zzzzzzzzzz
Luminary
Luminary

I just did the latest November 21 update for the Arlo Android app. After I did the update, the app popped up with a notification that said it needed new permissions and would need to push out notifications to my phone. I thought that was fine because that's the way it's always been, but I've never seen this notification come from the app. The next thing that popped up was that it was asking for permission to make phone calls, which I denied because I don't want Arlo to make phone calls for me. I only have the basic. I was told  that with the Premium plan, the app can call 911. Nevertheless, the only permissions I've ever given Arlo is for notifications, and it worked just fine before.

After a bit of troubleshooting, it's very clear that denying the Arlo app the ability to make phone calls breaks the app. I can get into the Mode screen, but then the app does not allow me to do anything further. That means I can't arm or disarm cameras. I can't set up zones; I can't do scheduling; I can't do anything that I would need to do through the Mode screen. This is true for both Arlo Q and Pro 2 cameras on my app.

I did call customer support, and he took notes, gave me case #, and said someone would get back to me. So if you are having the same problems please call them and let them know....

456 REPLIES 456
Bkk
Aspirant
Aspirant

Chat support had no solutions. Just to wait for a fix. System is useless in the mean time. There should be a way to go back to tne prevoius app version.

frank_p
Guide
Guide

Yeah, I know.  Just when I thought we were in the clear now that they had fixed the ridiculous battery drain issue, this happens...

radiopunk0
Aspirant
Aspirant
Download the older version after you uninstall the non working app from phone. Worked for me
brh
Master
Master

@bdonnelly109

It aseems that the new firmware update is not working on many Samsung devices.

Brian

brh
Master
Master

@axcel

Several posters said they solved the problem on the newer Apple iPhones by downloading the ios 12.1.1 public beta.

Brian

Cathis
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same problem, I have a Samsung Notes 8 phone and since some days ago Arlo stops everytime someone phones. I have uninstalled and installed again the Arlo app but it does not help. Arlo, do something!
lrpalmateer
Initiate
Initiate

App crashes on open, using Galaxy S7 Crown, Android.  No error message, just crashes on open.  Similar crash reported solved on another type of Galaxy S7 through a patch.  Restarted phone, reinstalled app, etc., etc., tried everything imaginable.  The app is broken and needs patched ASAP.  Standard hub and cameras, doesn't matter, it's the app.  Browser access works fine.

redvette1993
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine as well, Samsung phone as well. Since update two days ago , cannot log in , click on App and it t takes a second then reads ARLO STOPPED . I need it to work on this phone i carry , not another one, even though i did try a different phone and it works, no thelping me out, now i have no idea what the next step is . Thanks Joe 

stinnettlouis
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mine is doing the same thing. If this doesn't get fixed soon I may sell my system and go with a different brand. Hoping they fix it soon.
stinnettlouis
Aspirant
Aspirant
How do I find the older version?
Max4544
Aspirant
Aspirant
Older version worked. Thanks. Here's the one I download and working fine now: https://www.apkmonk.com/download-app/com.netgear.android/4_com.netgear.android_2018-10-30.apk/
Binary100100
Apprentice
Apprentice

I was getting an error everytime I placed or received a phone call. Weird.

Binary100100
Apprentice
Apprentice

I was receiving the error when I placed or received a phone call. Weird.

madkiwi
Luminary
Luminary

Aaaand this is why I disabled auto-updates for ALL my apps- to stop Arlo breaking.

Using 2.5.3_22376 (8/8/18) and everything works perfectly.

Honestly every 2nd update from the dev team breaks something, I found a version that works and I'm keeping it.

Bah0482
Apprentice
Apprentice
Trying to view my arlo cameras on my tv via chromcast. This feature has been out for awhile. Cant find any fix by searching. I've added the device on the google home app. All I get is it looks like this stream us unavailable
Buchnerbunch
Initiate
Initiate

We are no longer able to open our ARLO application we installed on our phones (android).  It does install but when we try to open it states, "ARLO has stopped" we cant get into the application to see our camera videos.  I still receive notifications for each device for motion recordings and on which camera, but can no longer view.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled and restarted my phone no luck.  

TJMinick
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo wireless worked fine until the last up date, now it says either close app or arlo has stopped.  Anyone know how to fix this?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Many existing threads on this. It only happens on some devices. I have 3 and it only happens on 1. Open a case with support here to add pressure.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

You can also try a different device and/or use a browser.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Many existing threads on this. It only happens on some devices. I have 3 and it only happens on 1. Open a case with support here to add pressure.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

You can also try a different device and/or use a browser.

TricM
Tutor
Tutor

drahcir61 Samething with me.  I have reported to support yesterday.  She said they will send to the appropriate department and will send me an email.  I haven't heard anything yet

Doggoneit
Aspirant
Aspirant
My old tablet stopped working when they updated it about 11 months ago....I got a new 2018 phone whitch worked well on the new app then they updated the app and now this won't work.....I'm now looking at returning the system....it's a good system but it sucks when you are away and you cannot monitor your house because they keep changing **bleep**..
DP2018
Tutor
Tutor

app inop seems after phone update took place

Deejay315
Tutor
Tutor
We did open and have a case...but who knows when it will be fixed...and IF it will be fixed...wasted a lot of money on cameras if we can't access live streaming on cell phone!!! Really upsets me!!!
Graham53
Aspirant
Aspirant
My app won't open up on my phone or my guests phone