Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Zzzzzzzzzz
Luminary
Luminary

I just did the latest November 21 update for the Arlo Android app. After I did the update, the app popped up with a notification that said it needed new permissions and would need to push out notifications to my phone. I thought that was fine because that's the way it's always been, but I've never seen this notification come from the app. The next thing that popped up was that it was asking for permission to make phone calls, which I denied because I don't want Arlo to make phone calls for me. I only have the basic. I was told  that with the Premium plan, the app can call 911. Nevertheless, the only permissions I've ever given Arlo is for notifications, and it worked just fine before.

After a bit of troubleshooting, it's very clear that denying the Arlo app the ability to make phone calls breaks the app. I can get into the Mode screen, but then the app does not allow me to do anything further. That means I can't arm or disarm cameras. I can't set up zones; I can't do scheduling; I can't do anything that I would need to do through the Mode screen. This is true for both Arlo Q and Pro 2 cameras on my app.

I did call customer support, and he took notes, gave me case #, and said someone would get back to me. So if you are having the same problems please call them and let them know....

456 REPLIES 456
Scooter9
Aspirant
Aspirant
After an update on J7 phone my Arlo has stopped....how do we fix this?
Dtnr8b
Apprentice
Apprentice
Will not work on browser on phone either. It says (OPPS NOT AUTHORIZED) WTF.
mimi25
Initiate
Initiate

Arlo/Netgear is a worthless company. I have been unable to access my videos on my personal computer because I do not have Google Chrome and Netgear/Arlo has been working on this issue for over 3 months, with no resolution and now the only way I can access my videos, Arlo app, does not work!!! THIS IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE AND I WILL TELL EVERYONE I KNOW TO NEVER PURCHASE A NETGEAR PRODUCT!!! Called into customer service and was asked to trust and bear with them while they work on it....WHAT A JOKE!!!! BEYOND FRUSTRATED AND OUT OF A LOT OF MONEY THAT I CANNOT GET BACK!!!!

KH1234
Aspirant
Aspirant

It is maybe the first time I use it on my new phone that has a later Anroid.
My phone before was a CAT S60 and now it is a CAT S61.
So I suppose it is a new crap software problem since previous stuff works??
No testing from Arlo?? Android 8.x is the latest?

I had an issue before that is not ansvered. That is your bad battery problem.
Buying this crap as premium and later find out that you use the lowest bidder of crap batterys is to be cheeted.

ccgood
Tutor
Tutor
Wife and I have been unable to launch the Arlo app to view the Arlo Baby monitor since the update to 2.6.3.2300 on 21Nov18 from our phones running Android 8.0.0. Sony Xperia XZ and Xperia Z1 Compact. The app immediately crashes.

We have an older tablet running Android 5.1.1, that does not appear to be affected negatively by the update. Sony Xperia Tablet Z.

Is anyone else having the inability to access?
Thanks all. Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving.
rocco199
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried to load the Arlo app on a 2nd phone....it did the same thing... the icon for the app is on the phone.....touched the icon to try to start and .the phone just displays "Arlo keeps stopping"   "Close app"  "Send feedback"....I'll try to look tomorrow to load it on a pc.....great product, good thing there is this community to help each other

Dave32B
Apprentice
Apprentice

System buggy when I installed it, but functional.  App reporting cameras and base offline (apparently false reports).  2 releases later, now audio messed up and app crashes often.  Its getting worse!

Anyone at the helm at Arlo?

rocco199
Aspirant
Aspirant

Also the camera's are still operational because they are sending alarms to the phone....the phones (hwich are similar Samsung) just can not start the app.  I have never had a problem since I have had these camera's which is just over a year.

Ynadroy
Aspirant
Aspirant
I did A phone update and right after that arlo update so at this point i don't know which one is the problem i have Samsung s8 and arlo is working fine until i get a phone call
Dtnr8b
Apprentice
Apprentice
I was already running 8.1.0 and all was working fine until the arlo update.
jkalbright
Tutor
Tutor
Agree... now the latest version in Nov 2018 will not open at all, it crashes EVERY time. Doesn't seem that anyone at Arlo cares about informing its users of their status with this problem.
For now I downloaded the version, just prior to the latest one (the APK file), uninstalled the current version, then installed the downloaded APK file. Now everything works fine, for now. I then turned OFF "Auto-Updates" in Settings so that the current update will not install again.
I will definately consider changing to another camera system if this is. How Arlo treats their users. Also go change your "App Rating" of their software!!
Adkins
Aspirant
Aspirant
App won't even open on my phone (Android). I uninstalled and reinstalled. It hasn't been giving notifications all day. My husband can open the app on his phone (also Android) and see system is active. All cameras active. No recordings in the last 24 hours. What's going on?
Pokiemom
Apprentice
Apprentice

I FINALLY got the update I needed from Oct. 30 installed and the app working. Beginning to think I need a more reliable camera system. 😞 Thank you for assistance.

brh
Master
Master

@Adkins

What phone is this happening on?

Brian

Sonata
Guide
Guide

I am on Android 8.1.0 and the app keeps crashing for me as well.  I am a new user.  I am not able to get either of my two cameras to connect and I've been on hold, in line to speak with support on the phone for 57 minutes now.  I am very under impressed thus far.

Nafets141
Initiate
Initiate

arlo app is no longer working after  update android mid november. 
Have reinstalled latest version arlo Nov 21, but without success.

always get message : "arlo has stopped"

DominoUK
Star
Star

To confirm, I am on Android 8.1.0 too, and I'm noticing a lot of others with the problem are mentioning the same. I submitted a crash report so let's hope they have enough to go on.

The fact Netgear decided to release a broken update immediately before a holiday is beyond stupid.

gooeyman
Initiate
Initiate

I just started having the same problem. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling app, no luck-problem remains. I can access on my wifes phone and computer browser but not my android phone. Problem just started 11/22/18

Deejay315
Tutor
Tutor
The Arlo App quit working on my android phone. Contacted support...but could not resolve issue. Live camera feed can be viewed in lap top, but not on phone. Arlo support informed us they will 'escalate' problem and advise.
ASRL
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo app on phone has stopped working "Arlo has stopped". Uninstalling and then installing again does not resolve problem. It has been working OK when check yesterday now it is stopped. A real pain as I am away and therefore unable to look at base station.  

B92
Initiate
Initiate
My Arlo app auto updated last night and since then it will not load on to my samsung tablet.
The screen flashes up saying app needs to close.
Tried reinstalling but with no luck.
My whole system is based around my tablet and now its totally useless.
Does anybody else have this problem?
Any suggestions welcome
Thanks
46johndeereA
Initiate
Initiate
Samsung j7 v after system update my arlo app will not open.
Richie02
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sent inquiry  to support yesterday hopefully they can correct the problem on are devices

brh
Master
Master

@B92

Many posts in the last couple of days about problems with Samsung devices after the last update.

Brian

Dtnr8b
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks to evrryone for the help!