Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Regarlo
Initiate
Initiate

About 1/3 of the recordings Play for about 10 seconds and then the video freezes but the audio keeps playing. I have tried downloading the recording but the saved file is no different. I have two arlo pro 2 cameras both having the same problem. They are both hard wired. I use the arlo app on an iPhone8. The audio does not seem to be in sink with the picture either.
Not what you would expect for the price you pay for them.

338 REPLIES 338
mchromiec
Guide
Guide

Update:

Arlo has sent me replacement camera as part of troubleshooting the issue. Problem I encountered was that i have Pro2 and they send me Pro camera. I still took the chance to perform some testing. The new Pro camera was doing exact same thing as my Pro2 cameras. Interesting thing to notice was that the quality of the Pro was exactly same as my Pro2 which kind of confirms my thoughts that the camera quality on Pro2 has reduced at some stage and they are no longer 1080.

I have now received new Pro2 camera and..... yes it still does the same short random videos with freezing and jumping. Since then miracle happened and somehow my case was pushed to level 2 support. Let me tell you, what a difference!

Level 2 support is what you would expect from support, the guy very quickly agreed that the camera is not an issue and has offered to send me new base station to test. I believe the base station might be on my door, but as you would know my camera cut out half way through postman delivering my package so unsure until i get back home.

Will update once i test my new base station.

I have been informed if that fails then the case will have to be sent to their engineering team for further analysis.(I think with the amount of people with same problem they would have the problem worked out by now).  

Eric182
Apprentice
Apprentice
Ok keep us updated.
Kktracy3
Apprentice
Apprentice
It’s not the base station. I bought a brand new one on my own a month ago just to try and it didn’t help. Same results.
RogerWilco486
Guide
Guide

Please add me to the list of customers experiencing this issue. 

As soon as my Pro2 cameras are powered by AC, after about 10-12 seconds the recording cuts off but audio continues.  And this all started around the May update. 

I've also noticed the video quality has dropped considerably since purchasing, nowhere _NEAR_ the advertised 1080.

mchromiec
Guide
Guide

Update

So i received the new base, installed everything i needed and synced all my cameras. Had them all setup to record for 120s.

I still have exactly same issue as before.

New camera and new base station hasn't resolved the issue.

Tech support took information that i already provided billion times and told me to give them 24-48h to hopefully resolve the problem.  I think they are gathering information to see if they find common reason for the problem. 

Will update once i hear back from them.

Dannybear
Master
Master
My ac powered camera is still suffering the still frame video after 15sec.

I also get heavy pixelated video recordings at times but can temporarily fix this by readjustment of the picture zoom position that resets the camera.
Johnfj40
Aspirant
Aspirant

Recently the video playback started freezing after about 20 seconds. I have ten Pro 2 cameras and all are set to record a fixed 120 seconds. I can still hear audio after the playback freezes. I saw a similar thread from 2018, but the issue was supposedly solved with a software update.

The base station hardware is VMB4000r3 and it's running firmware 1.14.1.1_2913_78b189a. The camera hardware is H4 and firmware 1.125.13.0_31717.

Any held would be appreciated.

Thanks

Eric182
Apprentice
Apprentice
Johnfj40
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, all the cameras are using A/C power.

Johnfj40
Aspirant
Aspirant

Add me to the list. Ten Pro 2 cameras and recently the video playback freezes at about 20 seconds and the video recording length is not always 120 seconds, which is what I have them all set to.

Hopefully, this get addressed soon.

S_R_L
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue here.
One of my three pro 2 cameras freezes between 10-20 sec when on AC power. Tested without and it appears to work fine on battery.

One that is on battery only and within the recommended range and without obstruction has such a delay I can climb up to it and remove it before receiving an alert.

Only one of them works as it states it should. Not good enough for the price. Only had them a week so thinking about putting them all back in the box to return.
S_R_L
Aspirant
Aspirant
And to my previous message,

Having reviewed again the ‘working’ camera, I have found it to be also randomly freezing on AC power. Set to record until motion stops, it often cuts off at 45sec.
Tony21
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had problems with my Arlo pro2 camera that’s only running off the battery it froze up after 1 minute of the recording and no more recording, 

the person just disappeared. I’m at the point to return these camera to Best Buy after having these cameras for 11 months and looking for another security system. By the way the video is not 1080 P anymore it don’t even look as it 720 P. I don’t know what Arlo did.They had a huge problem with the Arlo Ultra when it 1st came out they had to remove them from the store shelves now since then, they call them self’s fixing the update now they made all the cameras worst and these cameras not cheap I paid over $800 dollars for 4 Arlo pro 2 cameras with the extended warranty. I’m going to pack this **bleep** up and let Arlo deal with this garbage I dealt with them before in the past when I had issues with my Arlo Pro camera’s I decide to upgrade to the Arlo Pro 2 I had no issue until July of this year it been 3 months now and no results I’m at the conclusion that the system as of now is garbage.  

Mjbeuke
Apprentice
Apprentice
I’ve been busy all week - but Arlo is having me send in some videos examples of this issue. I’ll get those over today and it sounds like they are digging deeper on this one finally. I’ve got plenty of obvious examples to share.
Dannybear
Master
Master
I have noticed that the initial 3sec slowdown of video has stopped occurring on new recordings over the last few days. The recordings prior still shows the issues.

Unless a arlo media server issue has been resolved the only other change at my end was to move the local wifi modem channel from 6 fixed to channel 3 fixed.

I still get the video stalling after 15 seconds on a few though.
TFan4ever
Guide
Guide
I agree and have noticed some changes, but still get a few of the 15sec recordings. I have also noticed that when I play a recording and then exit the app, I continue to hear the audio play in the background. I have to close the app down for it to stop, which it just started a few days ago.
alchemist50
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm still getting the freezes and short recordings.  Two out of ten recordings so far today had the video freeze at around 15 seconds.

Does anyone else notice that sometimes the audio and video are out of sync by a few seconds?  When this happens, the video is always ahead of the audio.  It almost seems like the 3-second lookback is actually more like 5 or 6 seconds, but only on the video.  Could this be related to our freeze/short recordings issue?

S_R_L
Aspirant
Aspirant

On the day I decided to send it all back I noticed that the first 3 seconds of the recordings were now in slow motion. This hadn't occurred before when I added my previous replies.  The whole lot is now halfway back to Amazon and I await my refund. I'll be looking into alternative systems.

I also noticed that the price I paid in the UK two weeks ago for a 3 camera Pro 2 kit is £100 more than they are now selling them!  Even more reason to send the lot back. I guess the release of the Pro 3 has caused the drop as they try to clear the older models.

sammy73
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have same problem also, i had for a week VMS4230P (2x arlo pro2 cameras), VMB4500r2 base Firmware 1.14.0.8_2877_c1ef1ce, VMC4030P cameras Firmware 1.125.8.0_19174 and VMA4800 power cable 👎

SeanSh
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue as everyone else. I have four cameras and the problem exists on the only one I have plugged in to AC. Started after the last firmware update. It's the closest camera to the base station. I also noticed the video quality of all of my cameras has gotten worse and the motion sensitivity is way higher, triggering the camera on my front porch any time a car goes by in the street even though you can barely see the tires and shadow in the top corner on the screen. Seems like the update affected a lot of things.
MyArloCam
Guide
Guide

I am having this same issue, too, where the image disappears 12 seconds into the recording and the frame freezes, but the audio continues.. My camera is an Arlo Pro 2 and is an add-on camera to an Arlo Base Station, It is less than a month old and is plugged into AC, with the battery in. I have the earlier version Arlo Pro, which doesn't have this problem. I've read the replies to this thread, which are SO HELPFUL - THANK YOU ARLO USER COMMUNITY!!! And I realize it seems a defect in this camera firmware (?) (not the base station or AC adpapter, etc.) that happens when the camera is plugged in. I hope that there is an update that will fix this soon ! I am dismayed by people's experiences with Arlo customer service, and that many times they are told to fiddle with their camera or base station, and they do not seem to let on that this glitch is a widespread problem that is affecting many users and is probably a problem with the product (firmeware). I am hoping this will be fixed soon!! Please, Arlo, I want to like you.. let me like you.. by fixing this issue...  :-{

Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Add me to the ever growing list also. All the same issues as mentioned above. I spend almost $1400 on the system and this is what I end up with? What Arlo?

TFan4ever
Guide
Guide
I agree... I chose Arlo over the ‘other’ name brand and I can’t believe we have not been acknowledged or that the issue that almost everyone is having, has not been at stated as a priority.

Very disappointed.
RogerWilco486
Guide
Guide

Where is the Arlo moderator?  It would be nice to get some formal acknowledgement with some assurances that they are actively investigating.

Functioning correctly on AC power is a FUNDAMENTAL REQUIREMENT!!!  My system worked as advertised when I purchased it, and your firmware updates broke it.  Until this is resolved, continuity selling this product in it's current state makes it nothing but a snake-oil garbage cash-grab being sold in bad faith.

At this point I'm considering publishing a YouTube video of myself taking the system down and throwing it all in the trash to be replaced with a competitors product--maybe some bad press will get things moving and I have no qualms using my Arlo as a martyr.

Eric182
Apprentice
Apprentice
I would like and share that YouTube video.