Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Sporadic motion detection notification. Tried adjusting the motion sensitivity. Reset Base Station.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Emorehs
Aspirant
Aspirant

It’s been two days now that my 2 arlo pro2 Camera Just sporadicly giving me notification. It’s been installed on the same location for 1yr now and notice that only my other camera giving me notification (ring doorbell) I adjust the motion sensitivity and both camera confirm motion sensing. I rest multiple time the base station and that seems to do the job for couple of hours. Then there will be no motion even I tested it myself over and over. Nothing has change couple days ago in terms of settings, distance with the base stations or my internet connections. Please be advise.

3 REPLIES 3
Emorehs
Aspirant
Aspirant
I think I found out what makes it sporadic detections. Past few days here in the valley (Los Angeles) the temp drop below 50 Fahrenheit. Last night as I was doing extensive test I keep found out since I was wearing my jacket It’s a hit or miss notifications. (My ring doorbell and ring spotlight still detecting me with or without my puff jacket) but what makes me so curious More is since I have the arlo smart plan why my car still not Getting detected by one of the arlo pro2 Camera (plug in) Thus the PIR of arlo pro 2 so passive specially in cold weather?
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Emorehs,

Are you still having problems where you're experiencing sporadic motion detecitons from your Arlo Pro 2 cameras? The minimum operating temperature is -4°F (-20°C). What is your signal strength showing for your cameras?

Emorehs
Aspirant
Aspirant
The last 24hrs the cameras are back to normal. Yes I know the minimum operating temp but the temperature only dip down probably around 41°F so I know it’s within limits. The temp last night was around 45°F and the next couple of day it will dip down below 43°F again and I will post back if it happen again. My signal strength still the same full signal for both cameras.
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation