Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Noah_
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just purchased an Arlo Keypad for my security system. As I am adding the device to my app, it will not recognize the network. (it sees other networks just not mine) Yes, it is a 2.4ghz wifi. I have tried restarting the keypad and creating a guest network, I've restarted my modem, and I have even added the MAC address to my router. I have tried different devices like trying to set it up on my iPad etc. I contacted support but they only suggested the thing I have already tried. I'm operating an iPhone, Ipad and Century Link C3000Z Modem... has dual channels so it has a 2.4hrz, and a 5.0hrz

If there are any other suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it.

#arlohomesecurity

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Noah_
Aspirant
Aspirant

**Update**

I was able to connect to my 2.4 wifi when I disabled my 5.0 wifi. I logged into the router and turned it off. It then showed up on the hub... SUCCESS!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Noah_

Is your router set up to use WPA2 or WPA3? We recommend WPA2.

JamesC

Noah_
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I have WPA3

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Noah_

This could be the reason you're experiencing an issue. Try switching your router to WPA2 and then attempt onboarding again.

JamesC

Noah_
Aspirant
Aspirant

**Update**

I was able to connect to my 2.4 wifi when I disabled my 5.0 wifi. I logged into the router and turned it off. It then showed up on the hub... SUCCESS!