Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Can I reboot the base unit by unplugging it and then plugging it back in?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
rtbartz
Apprentice
Apprentice

I received my security system today and have set it up. Two issues. One, no events are being captured by any of my cameras and the door sensors. Two, the spotlight on the cameras do not turn on at night when motion is detected even though I have the Night Vision setting turned on.

So I’m thinking I need to just reboot the base unit, but not sure about how to do it the right way, or if just unplugging it and then plugging it back in would work.

P.S. If anyone knows of a solution to the event issue and/or the spotlight issue, that doesn’t require a reboot, please let me know.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rtbartz
Apprentice
Apprentice

This is a shout out to StephenB for his assistance that solved my problems. He suggested I edit the Standby mode to add the cameras and sensors. After awhile I figured out how to do that.

Specifically:

1.  I went to Routines where there is a Modes option and an Automations option.

2.  Clicked on Modes option and the Standby mode option was highlighted because I had my security already set to Standby Mode.

3.  Then pressed in the upper right corner, the circle with three dots in it. That caused the Standby option to redisplay with the standard Settings icon in its upper right corner.

4.  Pressed on that Settings option and a list of all my cameras, sensors was displayed.

5.  I clicked on each device in the list, one by one to set the “Motion Detected” on which then allowed me to set the “Turn on a Light” option on. You can also set the “Record a Video” option on as well as the “Send Notification” and “Activate Siren” options.

So again I thank StephenB for his advice that in the end solved both of my immediate problems.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Just power-cycling it should be ok.

What mode are you using?  (Armed home, Armed Away, Standby)?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A reboot won't harm anything and is over quickly.

Have you edited your modes to add the cameras as appropriate? They're not there by default.

rtbartz
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have it in Standby mode.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rtbartz wrote:

I have it in Standby mode.

That might be why are aren't seeing any events.  You can edit the Standby mode, and add them.  Maybe try switching to Armed Home and see if that works for you.

rtbartz
Apprentice
Apprentice

Please forgive my ignorance, but just how do I edit the Standby mode in my Arlo Security System?

rtbartz
Apprentice
Apprentice

This is a shout out to StephenB for his assistance that solved my problems. He suggested I edit the Standby mode to add the cameras and sensors. After awhile I figured out how to do that.

Specifically:

1.  I went to Routines where there is a Modes option and an Automations option.

2.  Clicked on Modes option and the Standby mode option was highlighted because I had my security already set to Standby Mode.

3.  Then pressed in the upper right corner, the circle with three dots in it. That caused the Standby option to redisplay with the standard Settings icon in its upper right corner.

4.  Pressed on that Settings option and a list of all my cameras, sensors was displayed.

5.  I clicked on each device in the list, one by one to set the “Motion Detected” on which then allowed me to set the “Turn on a Light” option on. You can also set the “Record a Video” option on as well as the “Send Notification” and “Activate Siren” options.

So again I thank StephenB for his advice that in the end solved both of my immediate problems.