Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can’t find additional camera

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Blakesfav
Aspirant
Aspirant
So I purchased 4 last week - installed all of them, and they’re working perfectly.

Purchased three more in a three camera pack. Not a single one of them will connect to any of my networks. Meanwhile, my original 4 continue to work flawlessly (so I’m guessing I have a functional 2.4 network and I’m connected to it).

Why can’t the same network see the new cameras? Password is correct and verified. Nothing I do works. Please help
9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you choosing the proper Essential camera when starting setup? There's the plain Essential and then there's the spotlight version. Try a reset of one camera to see if that helps.

https://www.arlo.com/en_fi/support/faq/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-my-Arlo-wire-free-camera#:~:....

Blakesfav
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks - yes I’ve done those things. I even tried doing the other type of essential camera in case I wasn’t reading it right. I’m not getting this one - the others were so easy and have worked flawlessly.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is there a VPN in use? If so, disable it.

Blakesfav
Aspirant
Aspirant
There is no VPN. My modem has private browsing mode, which was active when I hooked up the others without issue. I disabled it but still no luck. I appreciate your responses 🙂
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try the web client on a computer to see if that helps.

Blakesfav
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks - assuming you mean set up on a laptop instead of my phone? Via the Arlo web site? If so I’ll give that a try.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Blakesfav,

Yes, trying a different device to set up, such as the laptop, is a good alternative. Be sure the laptop is connected to your 2.4GHz WiFi band and try going through onboarding from https://my.arlo.com/#/login

JamesC

Blakesfav
Aspirant
Aspirant
Well I’ve tried every suggestion - laptop, rechecking passwords, tried three different networks, done everything. Nothing. Meanwhile, the first 4 I installed are doing great. Makes zero sense. I have to be missing something, but nothing has changed since I installed the first group.
Blakesfav
Aspirant
Aspirant
And the mystery only deepens. I just set up an Arlo Pro camera without any issues. On the same network.

I then made three more attempts to set up each of the three in the pack. Zero. I can only conclude that this group of cameras is somehow programmed improperly or defective. I’m going to return them and start over.