Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Essential Camera Not workin

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Unhap
Tutor
Tutor

Camera not working...tried all options on chat...how do you get to talk to an Arlo agent with a camera under warranty not working...this is a terrible company

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Unhap
Tutor
Tutor

I finally was able to speak to an Arlo representative.  After discussing all trouble shooting I had done and making  it known that the camera in question was sent to me because the first camera I purchased had quit working after 6 months after I had purchased new.  The second camera quit working 6 months after it had been sent to me as a replacement. The Arlo representative was very efficient and obtained approval for a replacement camera to be sent to me after I sent the failed camera back at my expense.  I have not received the replacement camera yet.

I appreciate Arlo sending me my second replacement camera.  However I am concerned that I have had 2 cameras fail within a 6 month time period.  I am also concerned about how difficult it was to get to speak to someone because I did not have a subscription, which I do not need.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Dannybear
Master
Master
Edit:

Sorry wrong thread.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi,

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest any methods you have previously performed.

Unhap
Tutor
Tutor
Camera initially would quit and go off line from where it has been working fine for 7 months....also have another Arlo camera next to it pointed in different direction for 2 1/2 years

Removed camera from network and reinstalled wifi setting 5 times....in all cases it work work for about 2-3 hours and then go off line again

After finally going off line the fifth time, it now will not respond at all......other camera is still working fine.....
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

What is the error message you receive? 

Unhap
Tutor
Tutor

There is no error message.....no blue light....nothing...no response.......all while plugged into charger and out of charger.....it is like it just died.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Arlo suggests NOT having cameras in close proximity to each other (I think they suggest 6 feet but could be less) so the radios don't interfere with each other.

Unhap
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you for your response. They are 20 feet away and had been working that distance for the last 6 months......I am never going to buy another Arlo Camera and will share with my friends and neighbors my experience.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Since the camera is offline, I think the best next step is to do a factory reset and add it back again.  https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-and-re-sync-my-Arlo-camera

If that succeeds, I'd swap the camera with one in another location, and see if the problem moves with the camera, or stays with the location.

@Unhap wrote:

.how do you get to talk to an Arlo agent with a camera under warranty not working

No one seemed to answer this bit.

If you have a subscription, you can go into the support options in the app, then select the camera.  You'll find an option to phone support there.

If you don't have a subscription, then @JamesC could create a case for you. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you PM me with the Serial number of the affected camera? Is this cam within the 1 year warranty period? 

Unhap
Tutor
Tutor

The number on this camera is XXXXXXXXX8B.  I received this camera November 9, 2021 from Arlo after the camera I purchased quit working.  The RMA number on the return form is 72044932. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have escalated your case & someone from support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. I have provided your escalations number here: 43068197

Unhap
Tutor
Tutor

I finally was able to speak to an Arlo representative.  After discussing all trouble shooting I had done and making  it known that the camera in question was sent to me because the first camera I purchased had quit working after 6 months after I had purchased new.  The second camera quit working 6 months after it had been sent to me as a replacement. The Arlo representative was very efficient and obtained approval for a replacement camera to be sent to me after I sent the failed camera back at my expense.  I have not received the replacement camera yet.

I appreciate Arlo sending me my second replacement camera.  However I am concerned that I have had 2 cameras fail within a 6 month time period.  I am also concerned about how difficult it was to get to speak to someone because I did not have a subscription, which I do not need.