Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo cameras don't stay on constantly and that batteries run out

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Babybyrd326
Follower
Follower

Okay I got three cameras because I'm in a wheelchair I don't have a right leg I have age that care for me three shifts a day 22 hours a day now my cameras don't stay on constantly and that batteries run out I have to charge them like every other day I don't have cameras that open up that you can put batteries in I have to take them down and charge them so now I have to get one of those soda panels this is so frustrating and then as far as this Wi-Fi NetGear thing I don't even know like it shows up on my Wi-Fi line I'm not really text smart so I don't know what's going on too much but I don't even have like a password for it because I bought it online from someone and they said that they found it in the box in their house and they don't know the password so anyway it's a whole mess and I'm having so many problems with this but I need the protection because I'm young I'm only 53 and I'm by myself I don't have family but I refuse to be taking advantage of I don't feel comfortable at all with these cameras but I need these kind of cameras because they're wireless I feel like I've made a big mistake and then when I tried to call the customer service number this guy had the nerve to accuse me of trying to call from another number and disguising my voice are these people crazy can someone help me please with this Arlo situation I don't even know what kind of solar panel to get that would hold up enough juice to keep these cameras going so I wouldn't have to keep paying someone to take them down and put them up I want to set income and it's draining me just to have someone to keep taking them down to charge them

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Babybyrd326,

I'll try to address each of your issues separately:

Solar Panel: You can find information on the Arlo Essential solar panel here: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/accessories/VMA3600-10000S.html

It's important to note that Arlo Solar panels provide a slow charge to the camera and depending on the camera usage, may not keep up. If you're still experiencing battery drain with a solar panel connected, you may need to make adjustments to reduce the camera usage.

Arlo WiFi network: You seem to be referring to the base station/SmartHub SSID. This is a closed network and does not have a password. This network is used only by Arlo cameras/devices, other devices cannot connect to it.

Customer Service. It sounds like you may not have actually contacted Arlo. When contacting customer support, always use the Arlo mobile app. You can find support options under Settings > Support. For more information, see here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062610/Arlo-Support-Options

JamesC