Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro camera will not charge battery. Do I need a new camera?

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Norahs_
Tutor
Tutor

My Arlo Pro camera will not charge battery. When I move the battery to another camera, that camera can charge the battery. When I put a fully-charged battery back into the camera that won’t charge, the camera still doesn’t work and still shows a flat battery. Do I need to buy a new camera case? Cameras are just past 2 years old. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Norahs_
Tutor
Tutor
Amazing! So I put a full charged battery in and went through the sync process again and success! It works! Thank you so much!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
steve_t
Master Master
Master

What do the connector pins look like inside the camera that's not operating properly? Sounds like the battery is working fine. Does the camera work with just the power supply attached?

Norahs_
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks for the reply. 1 of the pins appears to hang a slight millimeter lower than the rest. The camera does not work with just the power supply attached. I think you’re right - battery is working fine.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It is normal for the one pin ( ground pin ) to be lower than the others.... the lower pin is suppose to contact first when the battery is placed in.

try a few different cables and usb adapters if no battery is installed

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
steve_t
Master Master
Master

KInda sounds like your camera is dead. When you put the full charged battery in, do you get any sort of front LED behavior? An orange flash? Blue flashing?

Norahs_
Tutor
Tutor
I see.
Thanks. Have tried a few different cables and usb and still not working.
Norahs_
Tutor
Tutor
When I put a full charged battery in, there is a blue flashing like for about a minute or so, followed by a flash orange and then nothing after. I check my app throughout this and it isn’t working the whole time. Only had the camera for 2 years not sure why it’s playing up.
steve_t
Master Master
Master

OK, if the blue light is flashing, then the camera should be working. Perhaps the ribbon cable between the charging port and the camera is damaged? Or the charging port itself is damaged or has had water ingress?

I would stick the charged battery in and go through the sync process again to at least get it working. If you end up having to swap batteries out rather than charging the "camera" as such, it's not a terrible workaround

Norahs_
Tutor
Tutor
Amazing! So I put a full charged battery in and went through the sync process again and success! It works! Thank you so much!