Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro stays disconnected

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
pantak
Aspirant
Aspirant

OK, I will ask the question that many have asked in the past, and will probably get the same answer, but let me try.

My Arlo Pro Base Station stays disconnected.

Rebooting the router and the base station didn't work. 

All the three lights at the base station are green. 

My router status page shows that the base station has gotten an IP address. 
Other wired devices connected to that router can go to the internet fine. 

It was working fine a couple of days ago and for the last 3 months. 

What do you suggest? 
Let me guess, factory reset the Arlo Pro base station. Will that lose its config?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since you seem to have tried everything else, I'd suggest to resetting to cut your losses.

Remove everything from Settings, My Devices and start fresh.  Yes, you'll lose your whole configuration so make notes or capture screenshots so you can rebuild quickly.  Make sure your various devices have the latest firmware by comparing to what's posted in the Release Notes section here.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried logging out and back in? What about app vs. web?

pantak
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for looking into it jguerdat.

I tried logging out and back in, no go. Same behavior for both Android app and web portal. Base is disconnected, cameras are offline. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since you seem to have tried everything else, I'd suggest to resetting to cut your losses.

Remove everything from Settings, My Devices and start fresh.  Yes, you'll lose your whole configuration so make notes or capture screenshots so you can rebuild quickly.  Make sure your various devices have the latest firmware by comparing to what's posted in the Release Notes section here.

pantak
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you jguerdat. OK I tried it an it is back now.

Pretty disheartening that Netgear hasn't set up a backup config option so you can restore it if you reset your setup so you can go back to your old config. 

HenryNH
Aspirant
Aspirant

Also using Arlo Pro.

There seems to be a "bug". Because of building works in my area, the exchange where my ISP hosts their equipment has lost power (my house and all my stuff still had power) on a couple of occations so I lost my internet connection for hours at the time on a few occations. After they fixed it up my modem and internet connection comes back automatically, but my Aro Pro base station doesn't reconnect to the cloud. I have to power-cycle it to get it to re-connect. The orange light is on when this happens.

I'm pretty worried that internet would be out momentairly and cause me to loose connectivty with my cameras while I'm away on holidays etc. Seems like a pretty essential thing to have the base station continually poll every few minutes until it can re-establish connection.

pantak
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have experienced that too. If you lose the router gateway momentarily the Arlo Base Station does not recover, it is like it cannot bring back up its interface. And I have too reboot the arlo as well. 

So, instead I programmed my base station to reboot with a scheduled power switch. That in turn led to losing all the configuration and having to reset the Arlo from scratch.

You can't win with Arlo...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I haven't had the base lose connection when the Internet was down for short periods of time (my modem, router and base are on a UPS so it's not a power issue). I can reboot or swap my router with no problems.  The problem usually manifests itself when POWER is lost and (apparently) the base becomes ready before the modem/router does, hence the UPS.

The switch is a good idea but be sure that it's not somehow a power issue rather than external Internet.