Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

hoicju
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi. I have a problem integrating Smartthings and Arlo. I took a screen recording to show the problem: http://youtu.be/WscnGEcJos4. The biggest problem is that now Smarthings is not receiving information from the motion sensor in Arlo cameras and my automation no longer works.
8112EC25-8801-41AC-9AE7-4084E6E677AE.png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for your understanding while we worked to identify & resolve this issue. This issue with the Arlo SmartThings integration not receiving alerts should now be resolved. Your automations should have automatically started again. If you are still experiencing an issue with your SmartThings automations, please Delink and Re-link your SmartThings account.

Regards,

Arlo Team 

View solution in original post

Best answers
  • Arlbroke
    Guide
    Guide

Mine started working yesterday.  I had to unlink and relink the Arlo account to Smartthings.  I also had to redo the smartlighting automations in Smartthings.

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Thank you for providing your feedback, I have notified the Development team & we are working on a release for early next week. I will be sure to update you as soon as I hear more!

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Thank you for your patience while we worked to resolve this issue. The issue with the Arlo SmartThings integration and not receiving alerts should now be resolved. You do not need to relink your devices, you should now be receiving your automation alerts.

464 REPLIES 464
JBKerner
Apprentice
Apprentice
I created an automation in Smarthings, such that between sunset & sunrise, if a camera senses motion, it turns on my front porch light. The automation works fine with a z-wave motion sensor (Zooz), but Smartthings doesn't see motion from either the Arlo Ultra 2 or the Pro 3 Floodlight cameras. The Ultra hub & floodlight camera are both armed, and are set to record video (Arlo Secure plan), and to give push notifications. To be clear, the cameras *ARE* seeing motion, & recording video; they're just not giving that info to Smartthings. Am I missing a setting? I was under the impression that full integration with Smarthings had been achieved. Is that incorrect? One last thing: I still have IFTTT installed. Could it be conflicting with my automation?
rosaljr
Initiate
Initiate

I am having the same issue, wondering if Arlo will let us all know what is going on.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi JBKerner and rosaljr,

For further assistance with Samsung SmartThings not working properly with your Arlo system, please navigate to Settings > Support in the Arlo App for service options available to you.

JBKerner
Apprentice
Apprentice
I've seen about a dozen or so posts from people in the Smarthings community regarding this issue. Some said this stopped working around the end of November. I guess that I was just lucky (?) to have tried this functionality recently. I tried this originally in 2018, and the Smartthings integration hadn't been made, and at that time, several Arlo people said integration probably wouldn't occur. Then, in 2020, Arlo released a statement saying that integration with Smartthings had been achieved. Go figure!
JBKerner
Apprentice
Apprentice
Actually JessicaP, that's EXACTLY how I made my original post: Settings > Support! This is an Arlo community forum. Before I called the support line, I wanted to find out if others were having the same issue, and it seems they are. Rather than direct me to yet another support option, why don't you admit there's some kind of software issue, and give me a proposed date when we can expect it to be fixed! Apparently, there are quite a few Arlo customers who've noticed that Arlo wasn't communicating notifications with Smartthings, beginning around the end of November.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

BrickedBrain
Tutor
Tutor

If you have any luck with the so called support team let the rest of us know. These moderators keep referring people to the support team, as in quick, get off the forums with your issue that many others are experiencing... then of course they will mark it solved! pure genius. If you read through some of the other threads you will see no one is getting anywhere with arlo over this matter... Maybe after the holidays the A Team will be back in the office and we can get a proper resolution.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@BrickedBrain

Regarding your statement, "I also noticed this with the Phillips Hue link. Was missing some newer lights, and i get the same thing as the cameras, no network ID, and listed as "placeholder" as type.

All this to say, that it is likely a problem on the smartthings side of the house."

Have you tried contacting SmartThings customer support regarding this? SmartThings Support

hoicju
Apprentice
Apprentice

it doesn't mean anything! Many devices have placeholder in Device Type! For example, Tuya or Ewelink switches!

Снимок экрана 2021-12-29 в 20.19.21.png
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@hoicju

It looks like you have a case open regarding this issue: 42864404

Please keep you support agent updated while they work to resolve this issue

Thank you

Motorsportuk
Guide
Guide

Hi,

I also have this issue, which seems to be a platform wide rather than specific user issue? SmartThings is not receiving motion detections from Arlo cameras (Ultra, Pro 3 etc) and the integration to SmartThings appears to have broken? This means all my security automations are no longer working and not triggered by the Arlo cameras, please help?

Is there a fix from Arlo for this?

Thanks.

hoicju
Apprentice
Apprentice

@Motorsportuk No! I sent all the information, along with the logs, to support! I advise you to do the same, because the problem has been relevant for a week!

Vendor
Tutor
Tutor

I am having the same issue with my VMB4000 base station and 5 Pro/Pro 2 cameras. The motion events stopped being sent to SmartThings earlier this month. I engaged SmartThings support and the suggested I (a) remove the integration (b) re-integrate Arlo/SmartThings (c) try again. When I attempted to re-integrate, I encoutered the same OAUTH issues people reported: after entering my login/password I received a message that "Connection between SmartThings and Arlo encountered an error. Request Code: XXXXX" but that just refreshing the page seemed to work. The devices appeared in SmartThings and I can stream video, however, the motion events are not being sent to SmartThings even though Arlo detects motion and starts recording within the Arlo app. 

I don't have a paid subscription and Arlo won't let me speak with a human about the issue. I'm still attempting to work with SmartThings support to see what they see. One thing I noticed is that in the SmartThings IDE, I see for the camera device there is a "motion" event type with the value "inactive". 

I have tried toggling the mode within Arlo to see if that works. SmartThings support says I should see a "SmartThings Mode" in Arlo settings but I don't see that either. I feel like I am stuck in between a rock and a hard place. If anyone would like any additional details to help troubleshoot, feel free to let me know and I am happy to help where I can. 

Irelandhouse
Star
Star
Smartthings says this is a known issue with Arlo. They say Arlo is not sharing the motion activity. Please fix or at least be honest about the issue.
Irelandhouse
Star
Star
This is the email from Smartthings:--

Our engineers team confirmed that this is an ongoing issue.
Arlo devices stopped sending any data to SmartThings starting on 12/23.
We're working with Arlo to make sure that the motion information is being sent to us.
While we work on this, you can also get in touch with Arlo and report this issue from your end.
ChadofCNC
Apprentice
Apprentice
It seems ALL Arlo systems paid & free accounts are experiencing the same problem. BUT Arlo wants to blame SmartThings when SmartThings see cameras, view live & clips. Just not receiving a motion alert any longer. This was working for me for over two years. No hardware or software changes.
ChadofCNC
Apprentice
Apprentice
It seems ALL Arlo systems paid & free accounts are experiencing the same problem. BUT Arlo wants to blame SmartThings when SmartThings see cameras, view live & clips. Just not receiving a motion alert any longer. This was working for me for over two years. No hardware or software changes.
Arlbroke
Guide
Guide

Arlo motion just stopped working to trigger and turn on lights in smartthings.  I have been using my Arlo camera's motion sensor as a trigger in smartthings to turn on lights.  This has been working well for a couple of years.  About 1 week ago everything stopped.  According to Smartthings on Dec 23, 2021 Arlo devices stopped sending data to smartthings. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the updates, we are currently investigating these reports and we will provide an update as soon as possible.

Thank you

Jeremy_Alejandr
Star
Star
Happy new year all,
Just wondering if there is any update regarding this?
BTW, most of the replies only mentioned motion so I just want to add that SOUND events are also NOT being sent to ST.
DugDugDug
Initiate
Initiate
Hi I have Smartthings and a while back I integrated it with the Arlo Pro 2cameras, using them as motion sensors. This worked perfect when there was motion the smartthings hub would turn on the lights. On about December 24th the smarthings hub stop getting the alert when there was motion. I removed the Arlo cameras and reinstalled them, When I do this I get the error message "Connection between SmartThings and Arlo Encountered an error. Request Code: ZMD3B64" The cameras do show up in smartThings but the motion does not get passed through. I have tried this several times each time the Request Code is different. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
RyanEnscoe
Tutor
Tutor
I just attempted a resolution from Arlo tech support. I will let you know if it works tonight.
. Disintegrate/Remove the Arlo devices from SmartThings.

2. Uninstall the Arlo app

3. Restart the phone

4. Re-install the Arlo app.

5. Allow all permissions upon opening the newly installed Arlo app.

6. Check if the App version is updated by going into the app Settings, then About. The latest iOS and android app versions are 3.5.10.

*Make sure notifications permission is on for the Arlo app on your phone settings.

7. Add the Arlo again into SmartThings.

8. After that, please test and observe.
BF42
Initiate
Initiate

Having the same problems. Tried numerous resolutions. Nothing working yet.

BF42
Initiate
Initiate

Just noticed that Arlo updated to version 3.5.10_28415 on 12/1/21. Same time my integrations stopped working. Don't think it's just a coincidence. Hopefully a new patch comes out soon to resolve.