Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
baskwn
Tutor
Tutor

Smartthings integration seems to be broken again. I was using motion detection to just turn in some lights, but no motion detected event is passed on to smartthings..Tried reconnecting arlo account, reinstalling apps, recreating the scenarios in smartthings buy nothing works. This has happened before and was resolved by arlo..hope they will do it again..

15 REPLIES 15
JJMEISTER
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem. Remade the link several times without success. Smartthings adds the cameras after linking but motion trigger and video feed does not work. 

JJMEISTER
Aspirant
Aspirant

Could one of those token resets people do when having problems with HomeKit work? In that case I want one for my base station.

baskwn
Tutor
Tutor

At least I am not the only one facing this problem. Several days now, no luck..

Arlo are you listening?

JJMEISTER
Aspirant
Aspirant

My doorbell camera seems to work but the pro 3&4 cameras that connect through the hub does not work in smartthings. 

I tried a hard reset of the hub, then added all cameras again and then added arlo to smartthings but it still does not work.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JJMEISTER wrote:

Could one of those token resets people do when having problems with HomeKit work? 

No, that is specific to HomeKit.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Which version of the Arlo app are you using?

Also, is this occurring on Android or iOS? 

JJMEISTER
Aspirant
Aspirant

Latest version on iOS.

JJMEISTER
Aspirant
Aspirant

Latest version on iOS.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@JJMEISTER 

Is that 4.19 or 5.0?

5.0 was just released

JJMEISTER
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried both versions. Reconnected everything when on 5.0 without success.

baskwn
Tutor
Tutor

V.5 app here, android, s24 ultra, but I guess all this is irrelevant because what is broken is the integration with smarthings. 

The link between smarthings and arlo is being conducted through a smarththings add on which doesn't even require the arlo app to be installed on out phone.

So te be clear, motion detection works fine with Android and the arlo app notifications. 

Bit they don't get through to smartthings through the 3rd party arlo service...that is connected through smartthings and only through smartthings

alexdick123
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am also having this issue and have un-installed everything, recreated routines deleted devices... What going on ?? Any updates from Arlo?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the feedback, I have let the team know and I am waiting for more information to provide. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating reports of this behavior. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

Svane
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm happy I found this thread. I thought I was alone with this issue. 

I have the same issue with 5 different Arlo cameras (1 doorbell, 2 essential and 2 pro 3). Currently I get no motion detection in SmartThings and using the Android app. 

I also noticed that there are no motion detection with Alexa integration either so something seems to be severely broken. 

Please fix Arlo! All my automations from cameras are broken.