Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Ludvig
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

Have problems to connect my Arlo to Apple Homekit.

I see that Arlo can remote restet so I get an new token. How do I requset this? 

106 REPLIES 106
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jprzy, Dcl01

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

NachoUsername
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey James,

Same issue here.  Homebase VMB4540.  Please advise.

Thanks!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

NachoUsername,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

a_JAguar
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can you also send me a reset token?

NachoUsername
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James,

This did not appear to make a difference as the base station is still not able to be found, either through the Arlo app (of which, I can see the Base station is online and functioning) or through the Apple Home app.  Both apps are running the latest version/update from the AppStore and appear to be functional independent of each other, but neither app seems to be able to connect the base to the HomeKit.

What are next steps to resolve this?

Thanks,

Nacho

NachoUsername
Aspirant
Aspirant

Scratch my request.  I had to change the WiFi network around due to my configuration, but it's working like a charm now.  User error on my part, but got it working with the token reset.  Thank you!

SnoopMikey
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi there,

Would love to get a token reset on my base station as well. Thank you!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

a_jAguar, SnoopMikey

JamesC

AntonioPBorges
Tutor
Tutor

Hello support … I need this token too… please could you guys help me out 

Thank you 

SN 4R058175A35D8

TRAVMO
Aspirant
Aspirant

When trying to add my cameras/ Base station to home kit I too get stuck at the "Discovering your device page" no devices are ever found.

can you reset my token?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

AntonioPBorges, TRAVMO

JamesC

TRAVMO
Aspirant
Aspirant

That resolved the issue, thank you so much

Jvyff
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am also having an issue trying to set up my Arlo with HomeKit and it getting stuck on the discovering devices page. Could you also send a token reset request to my base station? Thank you!

michaelrs
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem with VMB4000r3 Firmware 1.20.3.0_4203_8008561 on Arlo App v3.8 Build 3443 on iOS 16.1.1, S/N 4R05817BB0563

All systems were working before (until maybe a month or two or just a week) and are on the same WiFi. Arlo Baby is working on Homekit but needed to be rebooted. Works through Smartthings as well.

Error:

When trying to add my cameras/base station to Homekit I get stuck at the "Discovering your device page" no devices are ever found.

Can you send a reset token?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jvyff, michaelrs

JamesC

michaelrs
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you that worked.

Aphouse
Aspirant
Aspirant

My device is not able to be connected to HomeKit and gives an error message saying that it is not compatible with HomeKit after going most of the way of adding the device to HomeKit despite ensuring latest firmware, power cycling, and resetting my base station.  Based on multiple threads in this community, it seems like I need my token reset.  Can you please help me with that?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Aphouse,

JamesC

Mmhoyle
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having HomeKit issue. Please reset token.

Thanks.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mmhoyle,

JamesC

Kinglaserface
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James,

I too am having an issue with HomeKit. Can you please send a reset token to my base station? Thank you!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kinglaserface,

JamesC

Kinglaserface
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi again JamesC,

Not sure if the token reset worked. I removed and reapplied power to the base station. I followed the instructions from your link. I’ve been waiting for over 30 minutes waiting for this step:

“Discovering your device. Please wait.”

Can’t seem to find my base station. Any other steps I should take?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kinglaserface,

I've sent another token refresh, try power off your base station, power back on and try again.

JamesC

Kinglaserface
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JamesC,

I'm still having issues. I've turned off the base station and powered it back on and tried again. I've tried using another device to connect to HomeKit but no luck. Do I need to do a factory reset or something?