Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cwmmmm
Luminary
Luminary
Arlo homekit official update by anyone at arlo??
447 REPLIES 447
MacSet
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just to make it clear. The first version of the App with Homekit compatibility gave me a lot of errors and fake new Homes that I had to delete manually. The update works without problems. And I was able to add the basestation and my Arlo pro Without problems. You can remove it from Homekit with no problems inside the Home App. Then simply restart the base station and remove the battery from Arlo Pro or Pro 2. No total reset.. you don't loose any setting or syncing apart from the Homekit set up for Arlo that you can restart  again.

FriarJnr
Star
Star

@MacSet wrote:

Just to make it clear. The first version of the App with Homekit compatibility gave me a lot of errors and fake new Homes that I had to delete manually. The update works without problems. And I was able to add the basestation and my Arlo pro Without problems. You can remove it from Homekit with no problems inside the Home App. Then simply restart the base station and remove the battery from Arlo Pro or Pro 2. No total reset.. you don't loose any setting or syncing apart from the Homekit set up for Arlo that you can restart  again.

Thanks for the reply, but this is what I don't understand, I am running the latest Arlo app (I'm running the latest everything), even did a fresh Arlo app install and I am still getting the tempHomes being made and I still get the Uncertified Accessory error. I can't remove the Base Station from the Home app as I can't even get it to add it in the first place Smiley Sad

Adrian97c
Guide
Guide
Quote: “ a lot of errors and fake new Homes that I had to delete manually. The update works without problems. And I was able to add the basestation and my Arlo pro Without problems. You can remove it from Homekit with no problems inside the Home App. Then simply restart the base station and remove the battery from Arlo Pro or Pro 2. No total reset.. you don't loose any setting or syncing apart from the Homekit set up for Arlo that you can restart again.”

I can confirm this will not work for VB4000v3.

I followed the steps above & still get temp home pop ups in Arlo app!! Even tho I removed Arlo from home app!
Wtf?!

Anyone with VB4000v3 figured a way to stop the Temp home pop up errors?!
Expedy
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have the r3 Base Station and temp homes no longer appear.  As I said up thread, I don’t know if it was from updating the app a few days ago or installing the latest IOS 13 Beta (7).  I wish was paying closer attention.

What fixed the last few bugs for me (motion/automations, recording in Arlo App) was I removed then reinserted the camera batteries.

To date, everything is up and running as advertised. 

Adrian97c
Guide
Guide
I have deleted everything, rebooted, reinstalled, renamed, also running iOS 13 b7....

I do not see temp homes to delete as I once did.... but pop ups keep happening! Lol unreal
Adrian97c
Guide
Guide
Fixed the pop ups, but only if you fall under this condition.

1) you have Previously successfully deleted the temp homes from either Home &/or Arlo app.

2) yet each time you back enter or back out of Arlo settings tab you receive a pop up to delete temp home (even tho you have already delete them)

Fix: instead of tapping the “delete” option in the dreaded pop ups.... hit “do not delete”, then re-enter the settings tab & back out, repeat the “do not delete” option until the pop ups stop...... that’s it!!!

Conclusion, somehow Arlo app still thinks these deleted temp homes are still there....

Hope this helps those that fall under the first 2 conditions.
FriarJnr
Star
Star

Thanks for all the suggestions but I've given up, I just simply can't get past the Uncertified Accessory error. I have tried everything suggested here, remove Base Station, remove camera, removed battery, rename Base Station and Camera, removed App, stood one leg, prayed to the Arlo software Gods, everything, and nothing is fixing the issue. I have exactly the same Firmware, App version and iOS version as others here but it just won't work Smiley Mad

I'm done. I have more important things to do with my Sunday other than find work arounds for inept programming!

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

Base station VMB4000r3, just give up.......it simply does not work. It’s a much incomplete code. Obviously this project was given a lot of priority since the release of Arlo Ultra due to high customers demand. Unfortunately, as in many other occasions, this is the end result, release of an unfinished product.

Everyone is having hard time getting it to work, try this or try that, works for some not for others. What a mess.

I’m surprised Apple is not stepping in with its own questioning about the compatibility issue.

Adrian97c
Guide
Guide
Vb4000v3 works for many people... I posted the fix to the temp home alerts, but it sucks that for some they are getting the other issue with not even detecting the accessory.
Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy
It probably works for many and not so for many as well. Even for the ones who got it to work, after how much tinkering?
Expedy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Patience Grasshopper.  Remember Arlo is the first approved/activated BATTERY ONLY HomeKit camera. There are going to be hiccups, bugs and glitches.  

I remember my father telling me many years ago when I saved up enough money for a new model car down payment. Not just a new model year, but a new model car. He told me to wait and year, and he was right, that model had recall after recall to be fixed.  

It doesn't mean wait a year, because tech is to evolving; it means, patience. 

DGArkie
Apprentice
Apprentice
Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

This grasshopper has been struggling with Arlo cameras over four  years now, believe me, it had to take a lot of patience. Still waiting for that famous, high quality, reliable year’s model. Direct personal experience with this, climbed up step ladders and extension ladders a few (hundreds) times, troubleshooting my Arlo cameras.

Maybe with time you’ll understand.

FriarJnr
Star
Star

@Expedy wrote:

Patience Grasshopper.  Remember Arlo is the first approved/activated BATTERY ONLY HomeKit camera. There are going to be hiccups, bugs and glitches.  

I remember my father telling me many years ago when I saved up enough money for a new model car down payment. Not just a new model year, but a new model car. He told me to wait and year, and he was right, that model had recall after recall to be fixed.  

It doesn't mean wait a year, because tech is to evolving; it means, patience. 

1. I'd question the 'approved' statement since I'm specifically getting the error 'Uncertified Accessory'
  2. We were informed that HomeKit support would be released months ago, so it's late
  3. This is not a beta release where you'd expect hiccups, bugs and glitches, it's been released to the public and clearly has many flaws, hence over 400 posts in this thread alone
  4. Using your analogy, the 'car' has been out for years, they've buggered it up servicing it!
Expedy
Apprentice
Apprentice

I hear ya, understandable your frustration.  

I bought the system with 2 cams when we learned in January that HomeKit will be available the first quarter.  I then added another.  By the end of the second quarter when there was no HomeKit, I got angry and I gave them to my son for his house (he has 5 now), but I kept the base station. Before my Arlo system, I had two Logi Circle 2's, which worked great with HomeKit but not as portable as Arlo's.

I moved to a new residence just before HomeKit integration came out and then went and bought a Pro-2 camera. It was frustrating to get it working, but now, it's working great.  My son's is up and running as well with his 5 cams, one on a pole, after a few tweaks.  Fortunately, he worked out the tweaks on the ground, before going up and down the ladder.

Expedy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes it was approved on the MiFi website and you'll see two Ring cams approved also. Arlo was the first one out.  

I don't know what to tell you about your system issues. Mine is working fine on IOS 12.4 devices, IOS 13 Beta 7 devices and MacBook Pro MacOS Catalina Beta.  Camera motion automations setup working on all devices.

After reading the posts and issues, I wish commenters would post their system as in, router, carrier, etc. One commenter said he had to turn off his 5ghz WiFi even though his router had auto switching.  Another commenter said the HomeBridge app was the culprit. 

If we all posted our system with their issues, maybe we could figure it out. 

My system;

Comcast Xfi

Arlo VMB4000r3

Arlo App version 2.7.14

IOS 12.4 & IOS 13 Beta 7 devices 

iPadOS 13 Beta 7

MacOS Catalina Beta

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

@Expedy wrote:

............ My son's is up and running as well with his 5 cams, one on a pole, after a few tweaks.  Fortunately, he worked out the tweaks on the ground, before going up and down the ladder.

Yeah know what you mean........especially when you work out all the tweaks and then you get hit again with a faulty firmware upgrade or servers down or something else and you think it’s something you did wrong. So back up that ladder again one more time reworking tweaks again, so much worse while it’s freezing cold, raining or snowing.

Sorry but way too many times I gave Arlo the benefit of doubt, maybe they would get better, who knows they must be trying hard not to keep on screwing up over and over again.

Here we are today, it’s the Homekit project opportunity.........yeah right. Anything changed?

SillySam
Apprentice
Apprentice
Is there any specific reason why in HomeKit or Arlo app the camera do not record?! I have 2 Arlo Pro 2 cameras and they only give me live footage or a snap shot! In the Arlo app I get no recordings... so the point of HomeKit is just automations to trigger certain other accessories but no recording?..
Expedy
Apprentice
Apprentice

What I did was remove and then reinsert the camera battery. After that they could record based on your mode (motion/sound).  Additionally, automations worked after that too...  hope it helps.

gugars
Guide
Guide
I contacted Arlo support and as expected no help or ideas to solve my "Unsupported Device" error. Please Arlo, don't create a support that can only suggest you to reset your phone and your Arlo equipment.

Yesterday I made several tests with my network settings. I changed the DNS, removed Arlo from 5Ghz and Mesh network and unfortunately the issue persists.

I'm currently using Arlo plugged into a Switch. My router network has 5 Deco M5 Mesh Wifi.

Any other suggestions or ideas? It's so frustrating. The bizzare parte is that the first time I setup Arlo it worked. Thanks I tried changing the camera name and since than it's all gone.
shebasdad
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ahh yes, i just purchased Arlo ULTRA cameras and i keep getting that annoying message on my phone "Are you sure you want to delete your "tempHome..." " messages.  It didn't even occur to me that it was due to the iOS 13 Beta! 

I hope they fix this!!!! Annoying!

Expedy
Apprentice
Apprentice
Wasn’t aware HomeKit supported the Ultra system yet?
SillySam
Apprentice
Apprentice
It doesn’t support Ultra until late fall Q4
jhoney
Aspirant
Aspirant

Where is Homekit? When is it going to be released?

hhzhao
Star
Star

I am in the same frustrated boat, no matter what steps that I have taken (from great community members here), I just can not pass the "Uncertified Accessory" error. At this point, given all the feed back from members exoeriences with limited function within HomeKit, I am pretty much given up on trying. On a side note, the support from Arlo is pretty much a joke, all they will tell you is check with all the settings on your phone, whihc if any of those not set, you won't even get to HomeKit anyway! I am seriously think there is no knowledge and communication within Arlo about this "HomeKit" roll out and how neglated on provide a truly tested, well supported solution at this time! Or, it is Arlo's efforts to have you stick to their App, and "HomeKit support" is nothing more a market gamic! 

For everyone's reference, here is my system info:

Base unit: 4000r3

Camera: Arlo Pro

iOS: 13 Beta 7 (public) and iOS 12.4 (it is correct, for iOS 12, it did not creat temp Homes)

All up to date software and firmware.