Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cwmmmm
Luminary
Luminary
Arlo homekit official update by anyone at arlo??
447 REPLIES 447
Adrian97c
Guide
Guide
I can confirm that rebooting iPhone did not fix the Temp home pop up msgs that don’t go away. So what works for others might not work for you.
Lopezzi
Aspirant
Aspirant
I can’t for the life of my even get the basestation to show up in the HomeKit section. It just sits on Scanning for Devices but nothing ever shows up. I’ve rebooted the basestation, rebooted my phone, unplugged it for a few minutes and then back in......nothing. No matter what I try, I can’t seem to get it to see it’s available. Firmware is updated, app is updated as well. There was never a prompt for HomeKit either like others have gotten 😞
bksnbriefs
Aspirant
Aspirant

I succeeded and I'm a happy camper.   YMMV, but this is what I did:

I renamed all my cameras and base station to names that DO NOT EXIST in Homekit.  I didn't want the possiblity of a mixup.  I used to have a "front door" sensor in Homekit and a "front door" camera in the Arlo App.  I renamed the "front door" camera in the Arlo App to something generic. I didn't want the "temp home" problem others have reported here.

I restarted by base station and my cameras.

I went to the App Store and confirmed that I was running the newest version of the Arlo App.  (Search for Arlo on the App page, update the App if an option is provided).

I followed the instructions posted here:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062279/How-do-I-connect-my-Arlo-Pro-or-Pro-2-camera-to-Apple-HomeKit

To setup an Arlo camera without a setup code:

1. Launch the Arlo app on your Apple device.   DO NOT START IN THE HOME APP
  2. Tap Settings > My Devices.
  3. Select an Arlo base station.
  4. Tap HomeKit.
  5. Select the base station you want to add to HomeKit.
  6. Select a Home or tap Add New Home.  I CHOSE MY EXISTING HOME
    If you don’t have a Home set up in the Arlo app, you are directed to create a Home.
  7. Select a Room or tap Add a New Room. I CHOSE AN EXISTING ROOM
    If you don’t have a Room set up in the Arlo app, you are directed to create a Room.
  8. Tap Continue to add devices to HomeKit to add cameras or additional base stations.  THE BASE STATIONS AND CAMERAS WERE LISTED BY SERIAL NUMBER.  2 SERIALS FOR EACH CAMERA.  1 SERIAL FOR THE BASE STATION.
  9. Continue through the setup flows to confirm the name and room placement for each device.
    Note: The name that you give each device is used for Siri commands. Choose a unique name that is easy to remember and pronounce.
  10. Confirm the name of the device.
  11. Tap Skip, or rename any other devices as needed.
  12. Tap Finish.
    Your devices are ready to use with HomeKit.

Rwoodru
Tutor
Tutor
I’m having the same problem, base station not certified. Powered everything off did not fix the problem. I also have a base station 4000r3
TC84
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had the same problem, but a hard reset of the base station, solved the problem. Only thing you have to do is to sync everything from the start.

hope it helps

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Exactly the same issue with HomeKit here too showing the 'uncertified accessory' error here as well.

I've even tried a base station restart/ full reset / delete app etc but still have the same issue.

IMG_0009.png

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@Retired_Member wrote:

Exactly the same issue with HomeKit here too showing the 'uncertified accessory' error here as well.

I've even tried a base station restart/ full reset / delete app etc but still have the same issue.

IMG_0009.png

Does anybody NOT see the device uncertified warning?  It appeared at the initial setup, I think and it shows up in settings for the cameras in HomeKit.

DF5C8176-D88D-48E2-B251-8F3BA0C6C4F9.png

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@Lopezzi wrote:
I can’t for the life of my even get the basestation to show up in the HomeKit section. It just sits on Scanning for Devices but nothing ever shows up. I’ve rebooted the basestation, rebooted my phone, unplugged it for a few minutes and then back in......nothing. No matter what I try, I can’t seem to get it to see it’s available. Firmware is updated, app is updated as well. There was never a prompt for HomeKit either like others have gotten 😞

Do you have more than one Wireless Access Point  (router & extender for example?). I’ve seen that cause problems even if the SSID is the same.

TC84
Aspirant
Aspirant

@AncientGeek wrote:

@Lopezzi wrote:

Do you have more than one Wireless Access Point  (router & extender for example?). I’ve seen that cause problems even if the SSID is the same.

Did you try to delete the base station from the arlo app and start over with adding the base station? That did the trick for me

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@TC84 wrote:

Did you try to delete the base station from the arlo app and start over with adding the base station? That did the trick for me

It is mind boggling to me that some users have to go to this extreme to get new functionality to work properly on these systems.  I’d love to know the mechanisms that cause this.

Davey242
Aspirant
Aspirant
Obviously there was very little testing other then a couple development environments and no beta testing. They could have saved a lot of grief here
Expedy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Did a hard reboot on Base Station, Home Hubs (HomePod & Apple TV) and still no remote viewing, nor visible on other devices within my WiFi

Maxq104
Aspirant
Aspirant
I rebooted my Apple TV and HomePod, and I now can monitor my cameras remotely.
Lopezzi
Aspirant
Aspirant

@TC84 wrote:

@AncientGeek wrote:

I do have more than one.  Two Airport Extreme AC models that are connected via ethernet, but they both broadcast the same SSID as one network.  I was wondering if that could cause problems or if it could be a 2.4GHz vs 5GHz thing two since the APs broadcast both bands simultaneously but I've never had an issue with seeing the cameras or anything so I figured the Arlo's would work with the setup.

As for removing the base station from the app, no I haven't tried that.  I did delete the app and redownload it which did trigger the "Arlo cameras are now part of HomeKit..." screen, but it still wouldn't find the basestation.  I also tried toggling the HomeKit switch in Settings > Privacy > HomeKit off and on on my phone, but that didn't do anything either.  

Does removing the basestation from the app delete all your settings like your schedule, geofencing, other accounts access, etc?  Would be a pain to re-set it all up, but if it actually allows the HomeKit to work, it'd be worth it.  I'll try tonight when I get home and see if that fixes it.  Thanks everyone for your help!

Expedy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Glad that worked for you. I did that and still can't get remote viewing.  Can you see your cams on other devices in HomeKit? Can't do that either, even on my home WiFi...

Expedy
Apprentice
Apprentice

No, just one access point.  I guess I'll do what you suggest by removing/reinstalling the Base Station in the app, thanks.

TC84
Aspirant
Aspirant
Another thing i did is when removing the base station and adding a new one, give the new base station a different name. I have 2 accessoires point but all of them have the same network. Hope this helps, it did the trick for me 👍🏻
Expedy
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks, I’ll try that next; the former suggestion didn’t work. And I tried setting it up with my iPad and not the iPhone this time.
Mikem30303
Guide
Guide

I did not have setup issues, but I am not able to trigger an automation with an arlo camera.  It will show triggered on the home app, but nothing in my automation works.  Has anyone had success with automations?

The_Ricky
Apprentice
Apprentice

You can't arm/disarm or tuen on the siren from Homekit yet. 

The_Ricky
Apprentice
Apprentice

@Davey242 Thank you, I restarted everything and I still kept getting the "No Response" warning. I then read you comment and I restarted my iPhone and everything is now working just fine.  

The_Ricky
Apprentice
Apprentice

Have you try rebooting your homekit hub (Apple TV, iPad)

The_Ricky
Apprentice
Apprentice

Did you rebooted the devices where you are trying to see the live feed, for example your iPhone?

The_Ricky
Apprentice
Apprentice

Also, did you check your Homekit settings to see if Arlo has access to Homekit. 

wdw1532
Aspirant
Aspirant
I also cannot use the motion triggers for automations. Every motion sensor (camera) says that it’s ready in HomeKit but they never get triggered.