Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Collin_carter
Aspirant
Aspirant
My base is not discoverable when trying to connect to HomeKit.
Can you send me another token reset request to my base station?  Thanks,
415 REPLIES 415
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Your tokens have been reset, please reboot your base station and try again.

Walknuts
Aspirant
Aspirant
Dear JamesC
My base is also not discoverable when trying to connect to HomeKit.
Can you send me a token reset request to my base station, please? Thanks.
Hongjeffrey
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi james,

Having the same issue, may I ask if yiu can reset my token too?
Thanks .
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Walknuts @Hongjeffrey

Your tokens have been reset, please reboot your base station and try again.

Walknuts
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, Shayne, but I still can’t connect my Arlo system to HomeKit. Something else must be wrong. I’ve spent so much time trying to connect to HomeKit, but I think it’s now time to lower my expectations and give up.

This and other support topics suggest that HomeKit was an afterthought for the Pro2, and is not reliable because it is not integral. Please let me know if Arlo ever fix the software or firmware for the Pro 2 so that it might be worth me trying again to connect to HomeKit.

Thanks again for trying.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Walknuts

Please reach out to the customer support team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

Walknuts
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi ShayneS

I appreciate your interest (I really do) but I have reached out to Arlo’s support people twice already, unsuccessfully. I am now looking at replacing my Arlo system with the Logitech Circle View because it is native to HomeKit.

Thanks again.

Walknuts

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Walknuts

If you like, I can try & reset your token once more?

Walknuts
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi Shayne

Thanks, I’m happy to try one more time. And please help me be clear about what I need to do then: do I just disconnect the base station’s power, wait a minute and then reconnect the power before I try to connect to HomeKit?

Thanks

Walnuts
jtmiranda
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can i get a token sent to my Base Station, HomeKit stuck!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Walknuts

That is exactly right, I will reset it now. You can also double check you have the latest version of the Arlo mobile app, you can find this info here: Firmware You might want to try & Remove/Re-install the app as well. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @jtmiranda

I have reset your token, please reboot your base station and try again.

Walknuts
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi ShayneS

Thanks again for your patience and perseverance. Unfortunately, I tried and checked everything you said, but again with no success. I am simply unable to discover the base station through the Arlo app. At the screen that says, 'Discovering your device. Please wait', the wheel just spins endlessly.

Are you able to send me a HomeKit Setup Code to try through Apple's Home app, please?

Thanks

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the update, this is definitely a weird one. May I ask which version of the iOS Arlo app you have installed?

Chuck2020
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can I get a token too? Mine has been down since December and I really want to pull it back into my HomeKit setup
Walknuts
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi ShayneS

I am running version 2.23 (1761) 6 January 2021 of the Arlo app on an iPhone 12 Pro. I have also tried connecting to HomeKit from the Arlo app on my iPad Pro, but it is no more successful.

Thanks for staying with me. It’s probably something simple like a setting or something, if we can just find it.

I can control my Arlo system of cameras and doorbells fine, with no problems (it’s great), but would like to integrate it with my other HomeKit devices.

Thanks again

Walknuts
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Walknuts

Thank you for all the detailed information. I am looking in to this issue for you & I will be providing an update as soon as possible. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Chuck2020

Walknuts
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, Shayne

I am happy to persist, with your help. I look forward to a solution, to get the full value from my Arlo system (5 cameras, two doorbells and two chimes), which is excellent in every other respect.

Thanks again

Walknuts

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Walknuts

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

Jonesalexryan
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello

How do I request a token reset? I’ve tried many different forums and methods to connect my base to HomeKit and none of them seem to work. Most threads point to a token reset as the fix.

Thanks

Alex
Tambourine_man
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having similar issue and would appreciate some advice, I don't use homekit but cameras stopped working recently and base station won't connect, even after troubleshooting/reset.

Tambourine_man
Aspirant
Aspirant

Edit: Problem resolved via live chat, who just ran me through the steps again.  The only thing I can think of that we did differently was I completely removed the power cable aswell as both ends of the ethernet cable, I'm not 100% sure I did that previously.

TC84
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same problem, can you send me a new token please?

Thank you!
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @TC84