Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

jak0lantash
Mentor
Mentor

Hello,

I'm trying to enable HomeKit and have no code underthe base. According to all the other messages here, I need a token reset. Can somebody help with that please?

---
Former NETGEAR Employee.
Disclaimer: Views and opinions expressed here are my own.
184 REPLIES 184
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

You will need to do a reset of the basestation and add back on all the cameras  then add the homekit on. 

thekonst
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was sure it wouldn't work out. Still I spent a whole hour resetting the hub and re-adding cameras. Still when I go to Homekit for this particular hub, the list under Devices found is empty and the progress indicator is rotating. the other hub works in homekit like a charm. they're located next to each other

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you try logging out and then back in, restarting the base station (not resetting) and then follow the steps once more please.

thekonst
Aspirant
Aspirant

done that. nothing changed

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

You have Homekit enabled correct?

thekonst
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have two identical smart hubs with 2 cameras each. One is showing, another doesn't. When I open the smart hub in the Arlo app and select HomeKit, it doesn't show anything on the list. the other one did and the cameras are in the home kit. when I try to do the same with the 2nd smart hub, it doesn't work. I tried resetting and re-adding cameras, restarting, plugging out and back in, but still the list is empty when I select home kit in the smart hub menu in the Arlo app. please advise

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@thekonst wrote:

I have two identical smart hubs with 2 cameras each. One is showing, another doesn't. When I open the smart hub in the Arlo app and select HomeKit, it doesn't show anything on the list. the other one did and the cameras are in the home kit. when I try to do the same with the 2nd smart hub, it doesn't work. I tried resetting and re-adding cameras, restarting, plugging out and back in, but still the list is empty when I select home kit in the smart hub menu in the Arlo app. please advise

You need a token reset on the base that isn't showing.

I'm tagging the mods - @JamesC , @BrookeN , @ShayneS - to alert them to your problem.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@thekonst I need you to DM me the serial number of the one that you are seeing that behavior on. You send a dm by clicking on the envelope icon on the top right of the forum page.

TheGui
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can you please also send a Homekit token reset to mine? I've had to reset the base & can't add it in Homekit again

thanks!

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions:

How do I connect my Arlo device to Apple HomeKit?

https://kb.arlo.com/000063184