Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
tryn722
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been sent a Token Reset and apparently it didn't work for me. Open to suggestions?? Have been unable to add to home kit. Also, why can't I reply to my own original post? Makes the whole thing rather frustrating.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tryn722
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello Jessica and thank you for your help. I went through my service for further help. The following helped me finally get it connected; though, I did have to reconnect once already. Not sure why that is; but for the others, please try the following:

1. Reset wifi network.
2. Forget the wifi network on your phone and reconnect.
Make sure to enter the correct SSID and password.
3. Restart your phone as well.
4. Reinstall the Arlo app.
5. Removed and reset again the smarthub.
6. Bring all the cameras near to the hub to resync.
7. Once the smarthub and camera are added to your account.
8. Connect them again to your Homekit.

Hope it helps someone else. Did the basic connections for me and it finally linked at least!!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Dannybear
Master
Master
Can you check the permissions in the iPhone settings for the arlo app to allow HomeKit.
Can you reboot the base station.
tryn722
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok, I have checked settings in iOS, Homekit allowed. Then I reboot and gave it a few before trying. I'm currently looking at discovering devices still. 

Dannybear
Master
Master
You’re Base my need another token reset, if you have a subscription your entitled to arlo support via the arlo App.
You can ask here for another reset or PM a forum moderator.
tryn722
Aspirant
Aspirant
I would like to try that. Do I need another post, or is asking here good?
Dannybear
Master
Master
You’re request here should get someone’s attention. If not you can private message a moderator like ShayneS or JessicaP, tap on the envelope at top of the page next to your user name.
Also have a read of the instructions
https://kb.arlo.com/000062279/How-do-I-connect-my-Arlo-camera-to-Apple-HomeKit
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi tryn722,

I've sent a token reset request again to your Base Station that should resolve the issue. Please make sure to reboot your Base Station (remove and reapply power) and allow the Base Station to come back online. Then make sure that you have the latest version of the Arlo iOS app and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

tryn722
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok, I had removed power for 30 seconds and then reapplied. Waited for three green lights and let it sit for a couple minutes before my attemp. I’m still stuck at discovering devices. All my apps and firmware should be up to date. I don’t understand what I could possibly be doing wrong. I’m pretty good with most all tech.

0F39BF0B-C201-4FC7-81FF-2E2B1E0F8884.png
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I've asked the development team about this and they asked if you can try power cycling your Base Station again and let us know the exact time you power cycled it (including the time zone).

tryn722
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello Jessica and thank you for your help. I went through my service for further help. The following helped me finally get it connected; though, I did have to reconnect once already. Not sure why that is; but for the others, please try the following:

1. Reset wifi network.
2. Forget the wifi network on your phone and reconnect.
Make sure to enter the correct SSID and password.
3. Restart your phone as well.
4. Reinstall the Arlo app.
5. Removed and reset again the smarthub.
6. Bring all the cameras near to the hub to resync.
7. Once the smarthub and camera are added to your account.
8. Connect them again to your Homekit.

Hope it helps someone else. Did the basic connections for me and it finally linked at least!!