Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Vlsech
Guide
Guide

Hello

I have an older Arlo 2 Pro with no HomeKit pairing code listed on the base station.  Sounds like a token reset would give me one.  Is that true?

If not, how would I obtain a code?

thanks,

Vince

173 REPLIES 173
Tom212
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ah, yes. That did it. Thank you so much!

ArnaudB
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I also have a base station model VMB4000r3 with 3 arlo pro

Today, the base is connected directly to Homekit.

I would like to know if one of you sucessfully connect Arlo camera to Home assistant through Homekit (Bridge) ?

I'm dreaming to stop using cloud solution and would like to have a direct connection between my Arlo and home assistant.

Thank you in advance for your feedbacks

Tom212
Aspirant
Aspirant

No. I have not tried to connect camera directly. I don't know about that.

I plan to retire the ARLO cameras to non-critical needs due to their ridiculously early EOL after less than 4 years of use.

I have purchased EUFY products now, even though they are not yet Homekit compatible, they intend to be. And the EUFY has a very storage base station for local storage (I have 1 TB, expandable to 16 TB) and cameras have much longer range from the hub than Arlo.

denata
Aspirant
Aspirant

Unfortunately no, seems as though it is not and will never be possible, per JamesC's previous comments in this thread. There is no way of finding or generating the pairing code from Arlo's hardware or support if you're on a VMB4000r3. Would really love if there was though!

Grayson85
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had for a while the HomeKit and Arlo paired, sometime last year during an os update it disconnected everything from my HomeKit. I do not have a QR code and pairing through the Arlo app hangs at discovering devices. Reading through this forum I’m guessing what I need is a “token reset” can you please provide that?

richardw11
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please reset my code to please. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Grayson85, richardw11

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

websylv
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello

Could you please send me a token

I would like to add my basestation to Home Assistant

Thank you

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

websylv,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

Tkim
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC,

I could also use a token reset.

Thanks,

TK

Bob_Loblaw
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello

I would like to add my basestation to Home Assistant

Thank you

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Tkim, Bob_Loblaw

JamesC

Howl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

I would like to add my base station to Home Assistant

Thank you

slowman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi! I would also like to have a "token reset", if that helps me connect my cameras to Home Assistant.

Thnx.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Howl,

JamesC

slowman
Aspirant
Aspirant

How about me? What information do you want me to provide?

I have a VMB4500.

Thnx...

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

slowman,

Please send me a private message with the email address you use to log in to your Arlo account or the serial number on your VMB4500 base station.

JamesC

slowman
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a Raspberry Pi 4 with Home Assistant (ZHA) and a ConBee II-stick.

I don't use and Appe-products what so ever and I dont have a HomeKit-bridge or what ever the name of it is.

Is the toke reset working for any of you guys and what setup do you have? It doesn't seem to work for me anyway.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@slowman wrote:

I have a Raspberry Pi 4 with Home Assistant (ZHA) and a ConBee II-stick.

I don't use and Appe-products what so ever and I dont have a HomeKit-bridge or what ever the name of it is.

Then the homekit token doesn't apply to you.

Are you integrating with Google's Home Assistant?  If so, this should get you started:

PHB_fr
Aspirant
Aspirant

hi,

i have  VMB5000 EU without "homekit code"

Please i want to connect to my home assistant

Could you give me "rest token" ?

Best regards,

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

PHB_fr,

JamesC

PHB_fr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok James,

Thk you but with home assistant i alway need Access code and i don't have it on my base.

Where i can found it ?

Edit home assistant say (sorry it's in french) : 

"Saisissez votre code d'appairage HomeKit (au format XXX-XX-XXX) pour utiliser cet accessoire. Ce code se trouve généralement sur l'appareil lui-même ou dans l'emballage."

Tubbers
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a VMB4000r3 and would like to connect it to Home Assistant via Homelite device integration. Can you please help? Cheers

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

PHB-fr,

I encourage you to reach out to support to further investigate the issue. You can find support options within the Arlo Secure mobile app under Settings > Support.

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Tubbers,

JamesC