Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Vlsech
Guide
Guide

Hello

I have an older Arlo 2 Pro with no HomeKit pairing code listed on the base station.  Sounds like a token reset would give me one.  Is that true?

If not, how would I obtain a code?

thanks,

Vince

175 REPLIES 175
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

SSingh6,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

Bystand3r
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can I please get a token reset, trying to pair my older model pro2 that don’t display the pairing code

tganak 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bystand3r,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

47ijz475
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, would also need a token reset to resolve this issue please. Thanks in advance

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

47ijz475,

JamesC

11binary00
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also have an older base station could I get a reset as well

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

11binary00,

JamesC

Abdt
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I’ve a old base station too. Could you send me a token reset ? 
thank you

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Abdt,

JamesC

RemyLebeau
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having a similar issue. No code on the back of my station. Model  VMB4000

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RemyLebeau,

JamesC

andreamap
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, I’m having the same problem.

Can you send a reset token to my base station? 
I think you should add this option to the app in order to avoid keep anyone asking for a token reset.

Thanks

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

andreamap,

JamesC

denata
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC,
I am having a similar issue. Can you please send me a token reset request? Will the homekit pairing code then be visible through the app? No code on the back of my station. Model VMB4000

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

denata,

JamesC

denata
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC,
Thank you for the reset. It looks like this updated my firmware of my base station too. I am still having an issue because I must pair using a homekit pairing code, but there is not one printed in the manual or on my base station device. Model VMB4000. I do not wish to pair via any other method other than a pairing code. Is this at all possible? I assume I would need to retrieve the pairing code my base station device is attached to either from your support team directly or in the Arlo mobile app (if that type of feature is available).

Please let me know. Thank you!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

denata,

There are two methods to set up HomeKit. If your base station does not have a a code printed on it, you need to follow the instructions in the article above to pair without a setup code.

JamesC

denata
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC,
I understand that normally I should just use the alternative pairing method. Unfortunately my situation dictates that a pairing code is the ONLY method I could possibly use. If my device didn't come with a pairing code (on the device itself or the user manuals), does that mean I have no way of retrieving the homekit pairing code relating to my device? Is there anything Arlo can do on your side to provide that code?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

denata,

If your device did not come with a pairing code, the only way to sync with homekit is by using the alternative pairing method. There is no code to generate or provide if the device didn't come with one.

JamesC

denata
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC,
Thank you for the information and confirmation. The pairing code is essential for many users in this thread (I know the original creator of this thread had the same problem as me) who have no other way of pairing their device. If possible, this would be a great feature to add (in the app) in the future for other users like me. If by some chance you do obtain access to the specific pairing code on my device, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again for your time.

Tom212
Aspirant
Aspirant

hello - please send a token reset to my hub so I can connect to homekit- thank you.

Tom212
Aspirant
Aspirant

hello  James - please send a token reset to my hub so I can connect to homekit- thank you.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Tom212,

JamesC

Tom212
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello James,

I turned off the base, unplugged it, let it sit for 5 min, (did this twice) ; updated to latest ios app; tried from desktop client as well, but nowhere do I see after setting to where in the arlo app, I can 'tap homekit' for step 4. 

1. Launch the Arlo Secure app on your Apple device.
  2. Tap Settings > My Devices.
  3. Select an Arlo Base Station.
  4. Tap HomeKit.

any ideas?

Thanks

Tom

Abdt
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello Tom212,

try to enable your Arlo app acces to Home : 

- Settings (of your iOS device)