Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

markjericho
Star
Star

I successfully setup my 4 Arlo camera for Homekit this morning while at home. They appeared within the Homekit app just fine and I could pull up my live streams. Now that I am not at home, all of the Arlo cameras say "No Response". All of my other non-Arlo Homekit devices are working just fine. Also, if I open the Arlo app, all of the carmeras are online and working properly. However, the Arlo cameras don't seem to want to work within the Homekit app when I am away. Yes, I do have celluar turned on as well as Backround app refresh. Anyone else having this problem?

377 REPLIES 377
TW35601
Guide
Guide
Read my message 251 and 253 in this Long thread . Arlos latest software which basically removes all of the original coding they’re now calling the legacy . The new Arlo download for mobile application Is being rolled out first and then a whole new firmware update in my opinion and I may be very biased I have no idea what the new software format will look like but I do know from an inside source all of it pretty much replaces the original software for the entire system. There was nothing wrong with the original software just the Band-Aid and hatchet brigade with their updates have completely ruined it good luck. We use Arlo as a secondary security system It is too unreliable which makes it unsafe to be a primary system.
CALLEN00
Star
Star
not sure what are saying here? post number 253
TW35601
Guide
Guide
What I’m saying is I tested my Fix iwas seven different iPhone models and the only iPhone I could not get it to function with was the model 7 Didn’t have a 7+ to test with the system but it’s the same processor pretty sure that it has something to do with the internals of the seven but the whole thing is going to be mute as soon as the new firmware update the new operating system comes online for a Arlo
JRios11
Star
Star

Just update arlo app this morning..their description state "Homekit related fixes"...so here i thought o they finally fixed the uncertified accessory error..went to try installing homekit and nope same error again. another fail by arlo.

DGArkie
Apprentice
Apprentice
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@DGArkie wrote:

Continuing to receive double alerts as well.

Do you have the Legacy app still installed or do you have more than one Arlo product that does geofencing.  Both will cause double alerts.  In one case it is a duplicate alert from the old app and in the other case it is a notification from each geofencing device on which Arlo unfortunately revoked our ability to control our own notifications consistent with our unique life situations.

DGArkie
Apprentice
Apprentice
I am running the new app and updated it to current this morning. The double alerts started when the replacement app was first installed.
I only have one Arlo system...the 4500R3 base and 4 Arlo Pro 2 cameras.
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@DGArkie wrote:
I am running the new app and updated it to current this morning. The double alerts started when the replacement app was first installed.
I only have one Arlo system...the 4500R3 base and 4 Arlo Pro 2 cameras.

If you are sure you have also deleted the Legacy version of the app, then you shouldn’t receive duplicate notifications For your configuration, of course.  Do you have “In/Out” notifications turned on in ”Settings” for the Arlo app?  That could duplicate notifications.

Is this possibly related to Home Kit?  I don’t use Home Kit much at all.  It is set up on my devices, but I don’t receive notifications from it.

DGArkie
Apprentice
Apprentice
Legacy app was deleted upon verifying that the new app was working. I am not seeing an “In/Out” selection in settings. I am having the same “Uncertified Accessory “ error that many others are having so Arlo is not connected to HomeKit. at this point. The duplicate alerts are from the Arlo app.
CALLEN00
Star
Star
No luck still getting the spinning wheel of dead. everything is updated on the new ios and the new app. Still can’t figure out I’m not connected to homekit. I have tried everything restart basestation, restart router, and even deleted homekit and started fresh. You can tell be it’s because I’m using a iphone 7 plus this isn’t working for me.
Slimhaven
Guide
Guide

I gave it one last shot deleted the base station and reloaded the cameras one by one and entered into homekit after entering into Arlo. It finally worked. I am running iPhone 10XS Max with iOS13.1 and 10 Arlo cameras and 1 OMNA camera. All seem to be working fine.

stsui
Guide
Guide
@Slimhaven have your deleted your existing “home” In HomeKit as well?

Do you mean that you had experienced the uncertified accessory adding station to HomeKit but finally success in last shot ?
KCDesert42
Guide
Guide

@slimhavenNo that did not work. I just ran through it.

CALLEN00
Star
Star
No I don’t even make it to that just get the spinning wheels.
john-john
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello Arlo
Several users are reporting problems with the HomeKit integration and this model of basestation.
In my case I’ve updated all there is to update and still I can’t even see the basestation in the “discover your device” setup screen, it just keeps searching.
Could it be that you could prioritize this issue with your development team so that those of us who paid lots of money for this product, could get what we pay for?
Best regards.
snordstrand
Guide
Guide

Has anyone actually solved the inaccessible accessory problem with Arlo and HomeKit. I tried for about a month, then gave up. My support request was escalated and confirmed in an email from CS, but no one ever responded and they don’t even reply to their own CS email requesting an update on the escalation. I assume Arlo CS simply can’t make it work, but I wondered if users figured out a fix.

TW35601
Guide
Guide
I’ve said it about 900 times you’ll never find any less user-friendly customer service on the planet then net gear and Arlo .. first of all speaking from personal experience with inside the company customer service or not technicians they have a flow chart to work off of And a database with previously provided proven solutions beyond that for most part you’re as experienced as they are. They did receive a little three week training course LOL. I did manage to work out a workaround I think message 251 in this thread based on original coding from the original programming team most of you wouldn’t even know how to enter into the programming of the device or bypass the encryption to get there I offered an acceptable work around. However the last firmware update and a completely new software has Erased all of the original coding and what’s there doesn’t make any sense as to solving the problem your all have. There is supposed to be in layman‘s term like a signal sent from an airplane transponder to the tower to identify the device i.e. the camera the transponder signal is received by the tower which would be your HomeKit and it would verify and authenticate of the code it looks like the encryption is overriding that transponder signal. I no longer work for the company and have Had several of these accounts deleted this will probably be the last message I can send if anybody at all is monitoring the system. As far as the operating system for Apple and the original Arlo system minus the updates there were no issues there seems to be a strong conflict with a hardware issue with the model 7 iPhone so even with their shot in the dark reprogramming they may not have overcame this issue or understand it... unlike years ago the company does not do real world modeling with software and interference etc. etc. before releasing updates. And until they figure out that they have an encryption problem that overrides the authorized identification code. What you see is an uncertified device there’s not going to be a fix and the only way to direct them in that direction is to inform them you’ve broke their encryption and their programming language which I’ve already did. We use Arlo as a secondary camera system to support our primary camera system ring and no I do not work for them I went back To working for a company that does software engineering for the alphabet good luck to you guys
snordstrand
Guide
Guide

Thanks. It’s probably time to sell the system on eBay and move on.

TW35601
Guide
Guide
What’s really SAD is the systems original software left room for the ability for the cameras and the whole system to do about 10 times more than what they’re doing The system had and has incredible capability, biggest issue in the beginning was the battery life when the pro came out with it standalone rechargeable battery system that was the beginning of what you see as smart identification software the system can identify about 150 different things beyond what it is doing at the moment And don’t forget the thermal enhancement management system for the camera and originally software enhancement of the actual camera system or camera lens I should say way beyond any resolution that you see. The software to some extent mirrors facial recognition software combine with other very significant software upgrades in motion detection, and thermal optics technology. the system also had a Wi-Fi boost mode for placing the cameras at greater distance once again it is the battery that became the Achilles’ heel the solar panel was to overcome that but then things that were switched off which are referred to as Rungs in the system were never activated there was true battery management program written. then a new project manager came in and just created a stagnant environment and there is no one left from the original development team. As far as customer service goes they’ve always operated as if they had a chip on their shoulder that comes from the department manager who is the exact same person from day one but I’m just a Former angry employee As they see it.
nxc
Apprentice
Apprentice
I’ve started posting replies on ads and other marketing from the Arlo twitter account. They don’t like it, but I feel it’s my duty to warn other folks about Arlo
Dbensette
Luminary
Luminary
It’s pretty ironic that Arlo sells security systems that have this illusion of protecting people valuables, while they are the ones taking our money and laughing all the way to the bank after selling a product with **bleep**ty service going forward...
JRios11
Star
Star

crazy its been this long and nothing has been corrected or addressed by arlo as being worked on. i gave up on trying to get homekit to work.

jonesaus
Apprentice
Apprentice

Arlo support called me the other day and told me to try factory reset the base station and try add it to homekit again, but they couldn't confirm it would fix it, was just something to try.

as i haven't really got time at the moment to climb up a ladder in three separate spots around the house to reset the cameras, i haven't tried it yet.

has anyone actually managed to get the system working in homekit after getting the "un-certified accessory" error?

Dbensette
Luminary
Luminary
Don’t bother with that suggestion.

I was told this too, it doesn’t work still.

Complete waste of time.
Nhott
Guide
Guide
I asked them to close my ticket yesterday as that’s what they wanted me to do. I refused. The level 1 guy I have been working with really wants to help. First person on their support team I have worked with that actually cares. He escalated all the way up to level 3 and had them send me a new token to the base station. Now they are out of ideas and back to the factory reset it game.