Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

markjericho
Star
Star

I successfully setup my 4 Arlo camera for Homekit this morning while at home. They appeared within the Homekit app just fine and I could pull up my live streams. Now that I am not at home, all of the Arlo cameras say "No Response". All of my other non-Arlo Homekit devices are working just fine. Also, if I open the Arlo app, all of the carmeras are online and working properly. However, the Arlo cameras don't seem to want to work within the Homekit app when I am away. Yes, I do have celluar turned on as well as Backround app refresh. Anyone else having this problem?

377 REPLIES 377
speedracer43
Apprentice
Apprentice

You can add me to this group as well. Works fine as long as I am on my home WiFi. As soon as I disable to test cellular HomeKit flashes up No Response This camera is not responding. However, the camera will work fine if I switch over to the Arlo app. Makes me wonder if this is normal. 

The_Ricky
Apprentice
Apprentice

@mcserc wrote:

Same here; Work just fine under in house WIFI but not away with cellular connection...

Is the Basestation on your Home app? If yes, reboot your iPhone.

Also, what are you using as your hub? iPad or Apple TV? Take a look at the previous comment from yiluroy

The_Ricky
Apprentice
Apprentice

@speedracer43 wrote:

You can add me to this group as well. Works fine as long as I am on my home WiFi. As soon as I disable to test cellular HomeKit flashes up No Response This camera is not responding. However, the camera will work fine if I switch over to the Arlo app. Makes me wonder if this is normal. 

You are close. I guessing you can see your basestation on the Home app right? If yes, restart the basestation and then once it comes back online, restart your iPhone. That did the trick for me. 

speedracer43
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks The_Ricky, I restarted my Arlo Base Station in the Arlo app, when it came back online, I restarted my iPhone disabled WiFi, and checked the cameras in HomeKit. Tapped on one of the two that I have setup, and it started showing live video. Cool stuff. 

gugars
Guide
Guide

Hello,

Im trying to add my Arlo Pro 2 to Homekit for the last 24 hours with no success. I tried everything, reseted every setup. Im using Apple TV4K + Iphone XS and no lucky.

The error message comes after discovering my arlo base. Its currently not certified. I have no clues how to move forward.

Anyone was able to fix it?

SjoDad
Tutor
Tutor
Setup for HomeKit fails during hardware add. Doesn’t matter if I try it through the Arlo App or in HomeKit
lundoctor
Star
Star

I have having the exact same issue

Works fine  when at home but went away from the house cameras  off lung not connect but working  with our low App and clearly online

lundoctor
Star
Star
DGArkie
Apprentice
Apprentice
Same issue here. I’ve tried all the troubleshooting I know. Removed / re-added Base, accidentally reset HomeKit (thanks Arlo...NOT), setup HomeKit again, re-synced cameras, hard reset on base, yada, yada, yada. I have a case with Arlo support, but have pessimism expectations for a fix from that avenue.
SjoDad
Tutor
Tutor
Same setup. Same result for me. No fix from Arlo yet.
Hoity-Toity
Guide
Guide

I FINALLY got it to work after 100 tries.

The trick was to always deny or delete the message about the temp home setup. Then I dug down in the menus to find the base station and added the homekit info in the deep homekit setting with the base station not the top menu one.

Every time I launch the arlo app it still wants to create the temp home but at least I got homekit set up for now.

Aec
Star
Star

HomeKit setup to my Arlo Pro2 basestation vmb4000r3 does this over and over. And the firmware is up to date, 1.14.02_2776IMG_0577.jpgI have no Arlo lights, so why do I need an Arlo bridge?I have no Arlo lights, so why do I need an Arlo bridge?how can this be?how can this be?. Anyone else get this too? HOme

Aec
Star
Star

This does this for me too. I just posted a similar issue with images. The feedback I get at step 2 says I need to add a bridge to the system (but there are no Arlo lights, just cameras in my system). Utterly makes no sense.

Aec
Star
Star

That's a bit drastic. The servers or the programmers supplying the code should have to release a patch.

DGArkie
Apprentice
Apprentice
In my setup, Arlo finds “Basestation” then asks to “allow Bridge”. Groannnnn
Aec
Star
Star

I got that too. Over and over. Won't let me proceed.

ambroze72
Tutor
Tutor

When you mentioned "reset my Homekit" are you referring to in the Arlo app --> Settings--> Homekit-->Advanced Settings (gear in top right) --> Reset Homekit in red at the bottom? I ask because this pops up when I select it that I'm about to remove all information and settings related to my Homes, Rooms and Devices. I sure hope this isn't referring to removing everything in the Apple Home App such as devices, triggers, automations, etc

DGArkie
Apprentice
Apprentice
That is exactly what it does. Click it and you get no warning. EVERYTHING in HomeKit goes away and must be started from scratch.
Swandawg
Initiate
Initiate

@markjericho wrote:

I successfully setup my 4 Arlo camera for Homekit this morning while at home. They appeared within the Homekit app just fine and I could pull up my live streams. Now that I am not at home, all of the Arlo cameras say "No Response". All of my other non-Arlo Homekit devices are working just fine. Also, if I open the Arlo app, all of the carmeras are online and working properly. However, the Arlo cameras don't seem to want to work within the Homekit app when I am away. Yes, I do have celluar turned on as well as Backround app refresh. Anyone else having this problem?

I don't know how long this fix will last, but I had the same problem you did. Homekit setup at home went very smoothly, left and came to work, and the cameras were all showing "No Response" in the Home app. I got to thinking maybe it had to do with the cameras being armed or not. I arm them automatically with the geofence option in the Arlo app. I went in and disarmed the cameras, and the live stream came back on the Home app. I ten armed them manually, and they still worked. Finally, I turned the geofence back on, the cameras armed themselves, and they are still streaming live. The real test, I guess, will be when I go home and leave again. Something to try, anyway!

Update: My iPad and Mac were at work when I set up my cameras at home. After several hours, the cameras still hadn't populated in the Home app on either device. After applying this fix, the cameras show up and live stream on all three devices (although if you are viewing a live stream on one device, you can't view it simultaneously on another). 

Aec
Star
Star

Don't click it because will erase all your hard work in the Home app.  I can't even get the  Home app to recognize my base station through the Arlo app for iPhone, so it keeps failing. I don't still have the original packaging with the QR code topped by 8 digits that Apple would like to use to pair the accessory with their Home app.

The Arlo Pro 2 system would be the first and maybe only products I would add to the Home app, but they won't appear. I noticed in the YouTube videos posted by 9to5 Mac and others, that those users already had complete HomeKit setups for lights, home appliances, garage door openers, and the rest of the shooting match. I wonder if that makes a difference on how well the two company apps get along. Not sure.

Aec
Star
Star

It does. I did that. But I didn't have any other items set up so it wasn't a major loss.

ambroze72
Tutor
Tutor

Yea I definitely don't want to be adding all of my HomeKit items back - that's sounds like a horrible thing for Arlo to be able to do within their app. Is it safe to say that none of this is ready for PrimeTime? Adding Homeket to Arlo should not be is difficult for anyone. I've read that people are spending hours and days trying to get this to work.
@Aec wrote:

Don't click it because will erase all your hard work in the Home app.  I can't even get the  Home app to recognize my base station through the Arlo app for iPhone, so it keeps failing. I don't still have the original packaging with the QR code topped by 8 digits that Apple would like to use to pair the accessory with their Home app.

The Arlo Pro 2 system would be the first and maybe only products I would add to the Home app, but they won't appear. I noticed in the YouTube videos posted by 9to5 Mac and others, that those users already had complete HomeKit setups for lights, home appliances, garage door openers, and the rest of the shooting match. I wonder if that makes a difference on how well the two company apps get along. Not sure.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@Aec wrote:

I already had a few accessories in my Apple HomeKit setup, so perhaps that makes a difference.  I had some warning messages and I had to name every Arlo device again over in HomeKit, but it all came over for the first base station (Pro and Pro 2 cameras, that is..., not original Arlo cameras and not Arlo Q family cameras). I had to add my second base station via the Arlo app after the initial guided setup.  I could not add my second base station during the guided set up...it just did not work.  Only the first base station worked at that point. 

LewCiok
Aspirant
Aspirant
jonesaus
Apprentice
Apprentice
Do you have a HomeKit hub, such as an Apple TV? Remote access to HomeKit devices require this