Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR
Reply
Aspirant

Re: Can't Add Homekit on VMB4000r3 Q&A thread


@yiluroy wrote:

I have the exactly the same problem. What device do you use as your HomeKit hub? I am using an iPad and I notice that Arlo cameras do not appear in my iPad Home app (I set up my Arlo HomeKit on my iPhone), neither do they appear in the Home app on my wife’s iPhone with whom I share my Homekit devices. 

 

I suspect this this is the cause, and I have tried restart/reset my iPad, restart my base station... none of them work so far.


Are you gtting the "No Response"? Is it only working on your iPhone but not iPad?

Are you using thre same Apple ID on your iPad and iPhone? If your wife has a different Apple ID then she will not see your homekit devices.

 

Message 51 of 145
Aspirant

Re: Can't Add Homekit on VMB4000r3 Q&A thread


@DDMast wrote:

Same problem as everyone else, don't bother with the rebooting, recycling or whatever waste of time is being suggested.  It's guesswork, not real work and won't be resolved until Arlo support stops blaming the customers' equipment and gets to work on the fix.

 

My Equipment:

Base Station

Firmware 1.14.0.2_2776

Hardware VMB4000r3

 

Camera

Firmware 1.092.0.23_32920

Hardware H14


FYI, rebooting helped me fix my homekit issue and now everything seems to be working just fine. 

Message 52 of 145
Aspirant

Re: Can't Add Homekit on VMB4000r3 Q&A thread


@speedracer43 wrote:

I tried again this morning by isolating. I unplugged both of my HomePods, AppleTV 4th gen, router, and Arlo Base Station. I also removed all other smart devices from the router. I plugged in one HomePod, I brought the router up connected only to the LAN modem. I then plugged in the Arlo Base Station and finally connected it to the router. I checked to make sure the HomePod was connected by checking the Home app, Arlo cameras were connected. So I took out my iPhone deleted/reinstalled Arlo app, restarted the iPhone and tried the HomeKit setup. Nope, just sits there with the spinning gear next to DEVICES FOUND. My setup is:

 

- TP-Link M5 mesh - latest firmware

- Arlo Base Station (latest firmware) connected to main M5 

- 6 Arlo Pro cameras (latest firmware)

- HomePod with 12.4 software

- iPhone XS Max on iOS 12.1.1


I have read that mesh routers might cause an issue, even if they all have the same SSID

Message 53 of 145

Re: Can't Add Homekit on VMB4000r3 Q&A thread

I have also tried removing the Mesh part (LOL) by unplugging the 2 satellite units and only had the main with the Arlo Base Station connected. Still was a no go. 

Model: VMB4000 | Arlo Pro/Pro2 Base Station
Message 54 of 145
Aspirant

Re: Can't Add Homekit on VMB4000r3 Q&A thread

I don’t get any error message. Yes I use the same Apple ID on my iPad. You know that when you add a smart device to Home app, it appears in the Home app on all the devices where you use the same Apple ID AND people you share Home access with? It is always working fine like that with other HomeKit devices I added.

 

The interesting thing is, when I checked my wife’s iPhone just now, Arlo cameras DO appear now! My iPad is the only problem now...

Message 55 of 145
Aspirant

Re: Can't Add Homekit on VMB4000r3 Q&A thread


@yiluroy wrote:

I don’t get any error message. Yes I use the same Apple ID on my iPad. You know that when you add a smart device to Home app, it appears in the Home app on all the devices where you use the same Apple ID AND people you share Home access with? It is always working fine like that with other HomeKit devices I added.

 

The interesting thing is, when I checked my wife’s iPhone just now, Arlo cameras DO appear now! My iPad is the only problem now...


Ahh yes, I remember now, when you share devices through homekit they show on other people's mobile devices. At this point all I can think of is just restarting your iPad.

Message 56 of 145
Aspirant

Re: Can't Add Homekit on VMB4000r3 Q&A thread


@The_Ricky wrote:

@yiluroy wrote:

I don’t get any error message. Yes I use the same Apple ID on my iPad. You know that when you add a smart device to Home app, it appears in the Home app on all the devices where you use the same Apple ID AND people you share Home access with? It is always working fine like that with other HomeKit devices I added.

 

The interesting thing is, when I checked my wife’s iPhone just now, Arlo cameras DO appear now! My iPad is the only problem now...


Ahh yes, I remember now, when you share devices through homekit they show on other people's mobile devices. At this point all I can think of is just restarting your iPad.


I have tried restarting my base, my iPad, and even factory resetting my iPad, but as I said, none of them work. I have tried it so hard that my wife starts mocking me because she did nothing, not even restarting her iPhone, and boom! Arlo shows up in her Home app! Thank you Arlo for making me feel I am stupid...

Message 57 of 145
Aspirant

Re: Can't Add Homekit on VMB4000r3 Q&A thread


@yiluroy wrote:

@The_Ricky wrote:

@yiluroy wrote:

I don’t get any error message. Yes I use the same Apple ID on my iPad. You know that when you add a smart device to Home app, it appears in the Home app on all the devices where you use the same Apple ID AND people you share Home access with? It is always working fine like that with other HomeKit devices I added.

 

The interesting thing is, when I checked my wife’s iPhone just now, Arlo cameras DO appear now! My iPad is the only problem now...


Ahh yes, I remember now, when you share devices through homekit they show on other people's mobile devices. At this point all I can think of is just restarting your iPad.


I have tried restarting my base, my iPad, and even factory resetting my iPad, but as I said, none of them work. I have tried it so hard that my wife starts mocking me because she did nothing, not even restarting her iPhone, and boom! Arlo shows up in her Home app! Thank you Arlo for making me feel I am stupid...


I honestly can't think of anything else. Will get back to you if I hear something new. 

Message 58 of 145
Highlighted

Re: Can't Add Homekit on VMB4000r3 Q&A thread


@yiluroy wrote:

.

I have tried restarting my base, my iPad, and even factory resetting my iPad, but as I said, none of them work. I have tried it so hard that my wife starts mocking me because she did nothing, not even restarting her iPhone, and boom! Arlo shows up in her Home app! Thank you Arlo for making me feel I am stupid...


Try sacrificing a chicken under a full moon while throwing salt over your shoulder.  That’s next on the list.

Message 59 of 145
Aspirant

Re: Can't Add Homekit on VMB4000r3 Q&A thread


@AncientGeek wrote:

@yiluroy wrote:

.

I have tried restarting my base, my iPad, and even factory resetting my iPad, but as I said, none of them work. I have tried it so hard that my wife starts mocking me because she did nothing, not even restarting her iPhone, and boom! Arlo shows up in her Home app! Thank you Arlo for making me feel I am stupid...


Try sacrificing a chicken under a full moon while throwing salt over your shoulder.  That’s next on the list.


Smiley Very Happy

Message 60 of 145
Apprentice

Homekit “Discovering your devices please wait”

When trying to add Homekit. I select my hub on the Arlo app. Select Homekit Setup. I just get the above message. Lower down it says a Devices found but it has a circle that keeps spinning. 

Everything is up to date. Hub and app

I've power cycled the hub 

They are on the same network

Cameras work fine through the Arlo app. 

Screenshot added

Model: VMB3000 | Arlo Base Station
Message 61 of 145
Aspirant

HomeKit Motion Detection not working with Arlo Pro

I setup Arlo Pro Apple HomeKit integration and am able to view video feed from my Arlo Pro cameras in the Home app. I can also see my Arlo Cameras as motion sensor devices in the Home app, however they are not detecting motion. E.g. if I setup an automation to turn on lights when Arlo Camera detects motion it is not being triggered.

Is this working for anyone else?
Model: VMB4000 | Arlo Pro/Pro2 Base Station, VMC4030 | Arlo Pro Wire-Free Camera
Message 62 of 145
Initiate

Re: Can't Add Homekit on VMB4000r3 Q&A thread

Another failed attempt here. Let’s me go all the way through to assign a room etc only to finish with “UNCERTIFIED ACCESORY” and then repeats the same process until you find the back out arrows.

Tried the other approach from homekit itself but as my basestation does not have a code it is a blind alley.

I await the app update with a subtle r3 tweek with baited breath.

Model: VMB4000 | Arlo Pro/Pro2 Base Station, VMC4030 | Arlo Pro Wire-Free Camera
Message 63 of 145
Aspirant

Re: Can't Add Homekit on VMB4000r3 Q&A thread

I"m getting the exact same issue. 

 

"No Response" shows up for my cameras in the Home Kit app. 

Model: VMB4000 | Arlo Pro/Pro2 Base Station
Message 64 of 145
Aspirant

Re: Can't Add Homekit on VMB4000r3 Q&A thread


@AllanLam wrote:

I"m getting the exact same issue. 

 

"No Response" shows up for my cameras in the Home Kit app. 


Allan, do you use iPad as your HomeKit hub? If yes, does your Arlo cameras and base appear in your iPad Home app?

Message 65 of 145
Aspirant

How To Setup 2 Base Staions & HomeKit

Hey, has anyone successfully got 2 Base Station to work with HomeKit? I have 2 cameras on 1 Base Station & 1 more on a different Base Station.
I can successfully get one or theother to work with HomeKit but not both at the same time. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Model: VMC4030P | Arlo Pro 2 Wire-Free Camera
Message 66 of 145
Initiate

Re: Homekit - Arlo Devices Offline

Don't bother to call tech support. They don't know any about the  Homekit set up.

I can set Arlo Pro cameras on iPad Homekit , but not on my iPhone Homekit. Both have same account. They said  Arlo Homekit only allow to work  on one device, either iPad or iPhone, not both.  I don't think  so !

Depressing !

Message 67 of 145

Success - Re: Homekit - Arlo Devices Offline - Success

I had tried everything everyone else on here has tried and got nowhere. I read another did this and so I tried it and I now have Arlo working with HomeKit. In the Arlo app I removed the base station, and then readded it. Yes, you have to resync your cameras, but after I did that the base station was seen in the HomeKit setup within the Arlo app and setup was a breeze after that. If you try this, I hope it works for you. 

Model: VMB4000 | Arlo Pro/Pro2 Base Station
Message 69 of 145
Star

Re: Can't Add Homekit on VMB4000r3 Q&A thread

Having the same issue here. I also set up a short animation in HomeKit to turn on a couple Hue lights if motion detected on a certain camera. Didn’t work. 

 

Also, due to fat finger syndrome, I accidentally reset my HomeKit and  had to completely setup again. Now, when trying to setup Arlo in HomeKit again, the base is detected but getting an error message that the device is unsupported. 

Message 68 of 145
Aspirant

Re: Can't Add Homekit on VMB4000r3 Q&A thread


@AllanLam wrote:

I"m getting the exact same issue. 

 

"No Response" shows up for my cameras in the Home Kit app. 


@AllanLam  Restart your basestation and Homekit hub. Then restart your iPhone last. That fixed it for me. 

Message 70 of 145
Aspirant

Re: Success - Re: Homekit - Arlo Devices Offline - Success

This worked for me, too.  Thanks for the assist!

Message 71 of 145
Aspirant

Re: Can't Add Homekit on VMB4000r3 Q&A thread

See the solution from @speedracer43 to remove and re-add the base station.  It worked for me, too.

Message 72 of 145
Aspirant

Re: Can't Add Homekit on VMB4000r3 Q&A thread


@The_Ricky wrote:

@yiluroy wrote:

@The_Ricky wrote:

@yiluroy wrote:

I don’t get any error message. Yes I use the same Apple ID on my iPad. You know that when you add a smart device to Home app, it appears in the Home app on all the devices where you use the same Apple ID AND people you share Home access with? It is always working fine like that with other HomeKit devices I added.

 

The interesting thing is, when I checked my wife’s iPhone just now, Arlo cameras DO appear now! My iPad is the only problem now...


Ahh yes, I remember now, when you share devices through homekit they show on other people's mobile devices. At this point all I can think of is just restarting your iPad.


I have tried restarting my base, my iPad, and even factory resetting my iPad, but as I said, none of them work. I have tried it so hard that my wife starts mocking me because she did nothing, not even restarting her iPhone, and boom! Arlo shows up in her Home app! Thank you Arlo for making me feel I am stupid...


I honestly can't think of anything else. Will get back to you if I hear something new. 


Fianlly got it working! Here is what I did on my iPhone, I use my iPad as my homekit hub:

  1. Restart Arlo base station in Arlo app.
  2. Remove Arlo base station from Apple Home app.
  3. Open Arlo app, in the Devices tab, click the gear button next to your base station.
  4. You should see "Set Up" on the Homekit line, click it.
  5. It should find your base station again, just follow the instructions to re-add your base station to Home app on iPhone. Not sure if it matters, I did not rename any device, just went with default name. I did change the room though.
  6. Check in iPhone Home app and make sure you see the base station and cameras.
  7. Restart homekit hub (iPad in my case).
  8. Restart iPhone.

You should see your base station and cameras in the Home app on the hub device (iPad) now. Anyone you share the home access with should also see the cameras and base station in their Home app now. If you use iPad as you hub device, you have to see your base station and cameras in iPad Home app in order to access them remotely (when your iPhone is not connected to the same wifi as iPad). Otherwise you will get "no response" error message when you try to access your cameras remotely.

 

Hope it helps!

Model: VMB4000 | Arlo Pro/Pro2 Base Station
Message 73 of 145
Aspirant

Re: Can't Add Homekit on VMB4000r3 Q&A thread

Same here; Work just fine under in house WIFI but not away with cellular connection...

Model: VMB4000 | Arlo Pro/Pro2 Base Station
Message 74 of 145
Aspirant

Re: Can't Add Homekit on VMB4000r3 Q&A thread


@yiluroy wrote:

@The_Ricky wrote:

@yiluroy wrote:

@The_Ricky wrote:

@yiluroy wrote:

I don’t get any error message. Yes I use the same Apple ID on my iPad. You know that when you add a smart device to Home app, it appears in the Home app on all the devices where you use the same Apple ID AND people you share Home access with? It is always working fine like that with other HomeKit devices I added.

 

The interesting thing is, when I checked my wife’s iPhone just now, Arlo cameras DO appear now! My iPad is the only problem now...


Ahh yes, I remember now, when you share devices through homekit they show on other people's mobile devices. At this point all I can think of is just restarting your iPad.


I have tried restarting my base, my iPad, and even factory resetting my iPad, but as I said, none of them work. I have tried it so hard that my wife starts mocking me because she did nothing, not even restarting her iPhone, and boom! Arlo shows up in her Home app! Thank you Arlo for making me feel I am stupid...


I honestly can't think of anything else. Will get back to you if I hear something new. 


Fianlly got it working! Here is what I did on my iPhone, I use my iPad as my homekit hub:

  1. Restart Arlo base station in Arlo app.
  2. Remove Arlo base station from Apple Home app.
  3. Open Arlo app, in the Devices tab, click the gear button next to your base station.
  4. You should see "Set Up" on the Homekit line, click it.
  5. It should find your base station again, just follow the instructions to re-add your base station to Home app on iPhone. Not sure if it matters, I did not rename any device, just went with default name. I did change the room though.
  6. Check in iPhone Home app and make sure you see the base station and cameras.
  7. Restart homekit hub (iPad in my case).
  8. Restart iPhone.

You should see your base station and cameras in the Home app on the hub device (iPad) now. Anyone you share the home access with should also see the cameras and base station in their Home app now. If you use iPad as you hub device, you have to see your base station and cameras in iPad Home app in order to access them remotely (when your iPhone is not connected to the same wifi as iPad). Otherwise you will get "no response" error message when you try to access your cameras remotely.

 

Hope it helps!


I see, I totally forgot to check my Apple TV settings since thats what I use as my Hub device. All my other Homekit devices have working just fine so I never bother to check my Apple TV. The only thing I did with it was to restart it. I'll double check my Apple TV settings when I get home. (But will not make any changes at all since everything seems to be working just fine now)

Message 75 of 145