Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Holford
Follower
Follower

Brand new Arlo Pro 2 & base-station cannot connect to / discover HomeKit, out of the box.

I've been through phone-support twice since receiving my Arlo Pro 2 cameras on Thursday night, but am hoping I can expedite the solution as I'm now waiting for a Tier 2 support person to call me back as none were available tonight...

How the issue manifests:

After setting-up both Arlo Pro 2 cameras & Hub (VMB4500r2) via the Arlo app on my iPhone, I went to setup the HomeKit integration via the Hub's settings. However, I perpetually see the 'Discovering your device. Please wait.' screen instead.

Troubleshooting steps taken:

• Reboot Arlo Hub (via app & power-cycle)
  • Reboot Arlo Pro 2 cameras (via app & power-cycle)
  • Reboot home WiFi (via management app & power-cycle)
  • Soft-reset iPhone
  • Uninstall & re-install Arlo app
  • Use second iOS device (iPad Pro)
  • Restart Apple HomeKit Home Hubs (Apple TV, iPad Pro, and HomePod)
  • Confirm all Apple hardware is up-to-date with software
  • Confirm all Arlo hardware is up-to-date with software & firmware
  • Confirm all devices are on same WiFi network
  • Confirm all existing (25+) HomeKit devices are connected & responding
  • Place cameras, Hub, and iPhone within inches of each other
  • Leave iPhone on above 'Discovering your device...' screen for 30-45 minutes

Arlo support experience:

I've been on two different phone calls with Arlo support, which (to be honest) has not been fantastic. I've spent about 90mins on the phone on two different days, and spent about 50-60mins of that on hold. I've repeated all the steps numerous times, and the very first email follow-up I've received just tells me to follow the KB article on how to set-up HomeKit... 

I'm now waiting for a Tier 2 support engineer to call me back 'within a few days' as none were apparently available tonight.

I've done plenty of my own research both here, as well as on the /r/arlo subreddit, and it does appear this is a known issue with a number of Arlo Pro 2 kits, wherein the Hub needs a new Apple HomeKit Certificate issued remotely, with many saying they can have this resolved once this is confirmed within 20mins.

I'm hoping that someone (perhaps the fabled JamesC of this support forum) can help me in resolving this...

Many thanks for any help you wonderful people can give!

405 REPLIES 405
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MHFreyNH,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

TrentThom
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having same issue. HomeKit stopped working so I removed my devices and now I’m stuck on discovering devices.
adityakoundinya
Tutor
Tutor
My HomeKit stopped working again. It had started to work after you fixed it and I rebooted. But it stopped again. Please advice.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

TrentThom, adityakoundinya

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

Robfrg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please disregard - managed to get the link working again with a couple of reboots. 

Cjt1988
Aspirant
Aspirant
I need a reset token. Cameras not working in HomeKit. Worked for about 5 months then stopped.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Cjt1988,

JamesC

Cjt1988
Aspirant
Aspirant
Need a reset token. I told you the wrong model number. Still can not get them to work in HomeKit.
DDAust
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JamesC 

I have the same issue stuck on discovering devices, any chance of a Token reset? This is after removing previous setup as it stopped working.

Thanks in advance.

Damian

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Cjt1988, DDAust

JamesC

randinnc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey @JamesC ,

I'm having the same issues with HomeKit.  It was working but now it is no longer working.  In the Arlo App on iPhone it says to SetUp.  I try that and then it "Discovering your device. Please wait." and "Devices Found" just spins the cursor.  Firmware is 1.16.3.3_719_b349152.  Cameras (Ultra) firmware is 1.070.50.6_231_6e7e184.  I have tried doing a power reset (unplug and replug) to no avail.  Could you please help with this.

Thanks

Rand

SunnySoCal
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello @JamesC 

I am having the same issue and would like a token reset.  I have an open ticket that hasn't resolved my issue (41994738).

Thank you.

DDAust
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi JamesC tried the restart and still the same. Seems to be the same issue as post just after mine. Just goes to “Discovering your device” Firmware version attached....
blockerjd
Aspirant
Aspirant

@JamesC 

Recently had HomeKit issues randomly.  Could not connect to my cameras in HomeKit so I removed the Arlo base station from HomeKit and could not re-pair it.  When attempting to set up HomeKit again it would not detect any of my cameras as available devices.  Removed and factory reset my Arlo base station and now I dont have the HomeKit option in the Arlo app.  Deleted and re-installed the app but it still doesn't show the HomeKit option (version 2.20 (1201)).  Would re-issueing the HomeKit token address this issue?  If so would you please re-issue for my account?

Thanks.

Benoit92340
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello

I have exactly the same issue with Arlo 2 and Homekit.

Could you send a token reset request to my base station please ?

Regards

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

randinnc, SunnySoCal, blockerjd, Benoit92340

JamesC

SunnySoCal
Aspirant
Aspirant

That resolved my issue @JamesC .  Thank you!

randinnc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks @JamesC .  The token worked.  Homekit is setup again.

Thanks

Rand

Msalki
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please send a token to my device as well. Same issue as all others have raised. 

Thank you.

Mike

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Msalki,

JamesC

Diegoq26
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi,

My Arlo Base Station stopped communicating with homekit once again. Can I please receive another token reset request? Thank you.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Diegoq26,

JamesC

DDAust
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JamesC,

Could you please try another token reset as issue still not resolved.

Thanks

Damian

700OHT
Initiate
Initiate

Hello, I have this exact same problem, with no devices found when searching in home kit setup, could you please arrange the reset token?

Zak13
Aspirant
Aspirant
Could I also have a reset token. Same issue.