Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Holford
Follower
Follower

Brand new Arlo Pro 2 & base-station cannot connect to / discover HomeKit, out of the box.

I've been through phone-support twice since receiving my Arlo Pro 2 cameras on Thursday night, but am hoping I can expedite the solution as I'm now waiting for a Tier 2 support person to call me back as none were available tonight...

How the issue manifests:

After setting-up both Arlo Pro 2 cameras & Hub (VMB4500r2) via the Arlo app on my iPhone, I went to setup the HomeKit integration via the Hub's settings. However, I perpetually see the 'Discovering your device. Please wait.' screen instead.

Troubleshooting steps taken:

• Reboot Arlo Hub (via app & power-cycle)
  • Reboot Arlo Pro 2 cameras (via app & power-cycle)
  • Reboot home WiFi (via management app & power-cycle)
  • Soft-reset iPhone
  • Uninstall & re-install Arlo app
  • Use second iOS device (iPad Pro)
  • Restart Apple HomeKit Home Hubs (Apple TV, iPad Pro, and HomePod)
  • Confirm all Apple hardware is up-to-date with software
  • Confirm all Arlo hardware is up-to-date with software & firmware
  • Confirm all devices are on same WiFi network
  • Confirm all existing (25+) HomeKit devices are connected & responding
  • Place cameras, Hub, and iPhone within inches of each other
  • Leave iPhone on above 'Discovering your device...' screen for 30-45 minutes

Arlo support experience:

I've been on two different phone calls with Arlo support, which (to be honest) has not been fantastic. I've spent about 90mins on the phone on two different days, and spent about 50-60mins of that on hold. I've repeated all the steps numerous times, and the very first email follow-up I've received just tells me to follow the KB article on how to set-up HomeKit... 

I'm now waiting for a Tier 2 support engineer to call me back 'within a few days' as none were apparently available tonight.

I've done plenty of my own research both here, as well as on the /r/arlo subreddit, and it does appear this is a known issue with a number of Arlo Pro 2 kits, wherein the Hub needs a new Apple HomeKit Certificate issued remotely, with many saying they can have this resolved once this is confirmed within 20mins.

I'm hoping that someone (perhaps the fabled JamesC of this support forum) can help me in resolving this...

Many thanks for any help you wonderful people can give!

405 REPLIES 405
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

CLBArlo, Jetboi

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

Jeb269
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello JamesC

As I'm having the exact same issues as other people in this thread, can you please issue a token reset request to my base station as well?  Many thanks.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jeb269,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

CLBArlo
Guide
Guide
Eastwoodla
Aspirant
Aspirant
optimum88
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC - Can you please apply tokens to both of my base stations?  Thanks!

tj1855
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James, I'm having the exact same issue as others, can you please issue a token reset request to my base station please, thanks!

SN51
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue here too. Can I get the token reset as well? Thanks!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Eastwoodla, optimum88, tj1855, SN51

JamesC

billkim
Aspirant
Aspirant
JamesC,

How do i get a reset token?
I cannot set up my HomeKit in arlo ultra.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

billkim,

JamesC

alessiolt
Tutor
Tutor

Hello,

same issue here. Could you please send a token reset request to my base station too?

Thank you

Best regards

Alessio

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

alessiolt,

JamesC

Damon407
Aspirant
Aspirant

Looks like I have the same issue as the numerous people in this thread.

Can I get a token reset too?

nshahpur
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue, can I please get a token reset as well?

Thanks!

tj1855
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James,

Can you help send reset token again, thanks!

StuartD
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello JamesC

As I'm having the exact same issues as other people in this thread, can you please issue a token reset request to my base station as well?  Many thanks.

Markj9
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m having this issue it seems too. I’be lost my Arlo pro 2 cameras in HomeKit. Can you send me a reset?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Damon407, nshahpur, tj1855, StuartD, Markj9

JamesC

Pdfontes
Aspirant
Aspirant

James can I also get a token reset?

topstr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James,

I just ran into the same issue when moving from one "home" to the next one, and am now stuck in the "Discovering your device. Please wait." page.

Can you please send a token reset request to my base station as well?

Appreciate your help!

BTW, this seems like a good feature to have within the app for self administration.

Thanks!
topstr

Damon407
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, that worked!

DRP11
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JamesC,

I too am having the same issues when trying to integrate with Homekit - Stuck in “Discovering your device....”

Can you send out a reset token ?

Thanks,

D.

seventhcjon
Aspirant
Aspirant
I need the same token. Every time I try to set up HomeKit I get the same error for Uncertified Accessory.
corwinsun
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JamesC,

I have the same problem as many in this thread.  Can you send a token reset for me as well?

Thanks