Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Ziguy
Star
Star

Just bought an Arlo Baby model:ABC1000, one of the main reasons was to integrate with my Google assistant.
Confirgured fine with the Arlo app, have this 2s delay with is acceptable for a wireless steaming camera, was able to integrate with Apple HomeKit, just to play and see how would work, everything is fine, even better audio quality (no tons of background/wite noise) and less delay, about 1s, then the arlo app. Big win for Apple software.
Now when if comes to Google environment, integrated ok but when casting to Google Hub or Chromecast on the TV have a 22s delay with the streaming witch is totaly unreliable for the use of this camera with Google assistant.
My wifi network is fine, not overloaded, AC router, 5hgz with band, good signal (not a big house) and worked fine with Arlo app and Apple homekit, this exclude the possibility of bad wifi set up. Have no problem streaming Netflix, music of other contant in my google assistant environment. Firmware is updated by the lastest release from Arlo app.
A 22s delay in a camera that supposed to help you take care of a baby is not a oppition. 
Any sugestions on how can I make it work? or if it does work at all?

82 REPLIES 82
sharkpunch
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the exactly the same issues as stated above - what is the progress on a solution here?

How come there is no response yet?

dbfarias
Initiate
Initiate
Yeesss! We have the solution!!!
Never buy Arlo again! Sucks!! This is the solution!!
getthefunout
Guide
Guide
Best solution is to use another device to stream. I returned the Google Hub and instead use my old Nexus 7 tablet for a live feed. It works perfectly.
cfoxusmc
Tutor
Tutor

I would argue that the best solution is to get a different camera.  My Google Hubs aren't going anywhere.

getthefunout
Guide
Guide
What other camera is compatible with Google Home Hub? Just the nest camera, right?
cfoxusmc
Tutor
Tutor

Nest for sure, yes.  I don't know which else.  I replaced the Arlo with a Nest, and it works great.  I also have Nest doorbell, so it's nice to have it all integrated within the Google Home app.

madlive
Initiate
Initiate

Wondering if there are any updates on this issue? 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

For anyone still experiencing this issue, please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue or refer to this article: How do I connect my Arlo cameras to Google Home or Google Assistant. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.