Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

App on Fire Tablet keeps disconnecting every 30-45 mins

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
chanteediva
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I recently got a fire tablet a month ago and I use the tablet to watch my son while he sleeps. The app on my fire tablet was working fine up until yesterday. Out of no where the app decided it wanted to keep “disconnecting” every 30-45mins causing my tablet to constantly shut off and waking me up throughout the night to reload the Arlo app.
It got to a point where I turned my fire tablet off and used my iPad to watch my son on the Arlo app. The funny thing is that on my iPad it stayed on the whole night and wasn’t constantly disconnecting like it was on a fire tablet.

Has any one else had this issue? It just doesn’t make any sense that the Arlo app was working fine on my fire tablet for the last month and then out of no where it decided to start acting up. It also doesn’t make any sense that when I finally used my iPad the Arlo app was staying on all night and not disconnecting.

I already tried removing the app and reinstalling it. I already unplugged and troubleshooted my Arlo baby monitor and I already unplugged my wifi and rebooted that but the Arlo app is still acting up on my fire tablet.

TIA for any that has any advice!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

This issue should now be resolved on the latest Arlo Android app, which is version 3.5.2. Please update to the latest version to resolve the issue. Thank you for your patience.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi chanteediva,

Have you tried rebooting your Fire Tablet and turning the WiFi off and on again on your tablet?

chanteediva
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes I have tried all of that stuff. And I started doing more research it appears I have not been the only one with this issue and that the Arlo app decided to do an update and only allow 30min limits for live stream before the user has to reload the live stream.
That honestly has to be the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard, what good is a baby monitor if I can’t have the live stream running for as many hours as I need it. What am I supposed to do set an alarm to go off every 30mins throughout the night so I can make sure I reload the live stream for my sons baby monitor. I paid over $200 dollars for this monitor and it blows my mind that all of a sudden Arlo decided to do updates and it now prevents parents from being able to watch their child for as many hours as necessary on the baby monitor. I feel this is Arlo’s way of trying to get more money out of people.

I have been using the Arlo baby monitor for 2 years and never had an issue with the live stream stopping every 30mins. The Arlo baby monitors should not be included in the maximum 30min live stream, parents should still be given the option to have the monitor running as long as they want without having to pay an arm and a leg for a stupid Arlo subscription.
chanteediva
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, I have tried it all.
I just don’t understand why this is happening to my Amazon fire tablet but when I pull the monitor up on my iPhone or iPad it doesn’t time out after 30mins......
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Could you answer the following the questions listed below:

• What version of the Arlo app are you running?
  • What device are you using? What OS version are you running on your tablet?

And could you please test again to see how long the timeout is exactly when you start up the livestream on your tablet?

chanteediva
Aspirant
Aspirant
The version of the Arlo app I am using is 3.5_28375

I am using the app on my Amazon fire HD 8 tablet 64GB (latest model)

The OS version I am using on my tablet is Fire OS 7.3.1.9

I set a timer and it times out after exactly 30mins of being on the live stream.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for all that info. Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.

JB09
Tutor
Tutor
Same issue. I was out of town over the weekend, came home last night 7/18 and the timeouts occurred. I have 2 Arlo Baby units and both timeout (say “connecting”) at same time. Same issue occurs on 2nd Fire tablet same model. Rock solid 5ghz connections, I thought I was going crazy!

2x Fire 7 tablets. Arlo app 3.5_28375.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

walax
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

Has the development team found something during the investigation ?

No rush, it's just a baby surveillance system you are providing !

chanteediva
Aspirant
Aspirant
I haven’t heard anything back and I am still having the same issues with my fire tablet.
So annoyed they aren’t putting a rush on figuring out the issue, I guess people watching their baby with the monitor isn’t a priority 🤷‍♀️
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

This issue should now be resolved on the latest Arlo Android app, which is version 3.5.2. Please update to the latest version to resolve the issue. Thank you for your patience.

chanteediva
Aspirant
Aspirant
It does not give me any kind of option to update the arlo app to 3.5.2, it still says 3.5.1. And I've tried removing the app and re downloading but the only version it gives me an option for is 3.5.1. Does it take some time for the update option to appear in the app store?
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey chanteediva,

Thanks for the heads up about this. The development team looked into this and it should appear on the Amazon App Store soon. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

chanteediva
Aspirant
Aspirant
I updated my app to the 3.5.2 version on my Amazon fire tablet and I am still having the same issues, every 30mins I have to reconnect it.....
JB09
Tutor
Tutor
3.5.2 is installed on both my Fire tablets and the issue is resolved. Thank you for your help!
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi chanteediva,

Try rebooting your Arlo Baby and your Amazon Fire tablet to see if the issue resolves. Otherwise, please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.