Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Ziguy
Star
Star

Just bought an Arlo Baby model:ABC1000, one of the main reasons was to integrate with my Google assistant.
Confirgured fine with the Arlo app, have this 2s delay with is acceptable for a wireless steaming camera, was able to integrate with Apple HomeKit, just to play and see how would work, everything is fine, even better audio quality (no tons of background/wite noise) and less delay, about 1s, then the arlo app. Big win for Apple software.
Now when if comes to Google environment, integrated ok but when casting to Google Hub or Chromecast on the TV have a 22s delay with the streaming witch is totaly unreliable for the use of this camera with Google assistant.
My wifi network is fine, not overloaded, AC router, 5hgz with band, good signal (not a big house) and worked fine with Arlo app and Apple homekit, this exclude the possibility of bad wifi set up. Have no problem streaming Netflix, music of other contant in my google assistant environment. Firmware is updated by the lastest release from Arlo app.
A 22s delay in a camera that supposed to help you take care of a baby is not a oppition. 
Any sugestions on how can I make it work? or if it does work at all?

82 REPLIES 82
cfoxusmc
Tutor
Tutor

I can confirm there is still a 20+ second delay with the Google Home Hub and Google (Nest) Hub Max.

andytpks
Aspirant
Aspirant

Oooh, don't worry

Arlo Baby + Amazon Echo Show = 18 seconds

Very fast for look my baby in the room!!!

(one of the most expansive baby monitor and this delay... amazing, with google home or with amazon echo... same issues...)

rafaelfaria
Initiate
Initiate

Is there any update on this matter? I just got my Arlo Baby connected to my brand new Google Nest Hub Max and it's completely useless. The connection drops and it never really recover from it. I can see this thread has been going on for a while, I wish someone from Arlo would actually take this a bit more serious.

Useless for now. As I type this message, Google Home has been trying to re-connect to arlo for about 20 min, curious if it will ever gonna re-connect. 

If you are looking into buying an Arlo Baby to use with your Google Nest Home, DON'T!

Ksehgal25
Tutor
Tutor
There was a software update released by Arlo but that dis not fix the issue. I confirm that the issue exists with echo show as well.
dgenito
Initiate
Initiate

Dears,

do we expect a fix from Arlo on the 20-30 sec delays, or you think it will never come?

I think I will request a refund, I bought the product because of Google integration, and discovered that is impossible to use the product for the purpose is sold, as baby monitor..

How can Arlo ignore it??

Thanks,

Ciao 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Our development team is still looking into this issue. We'll provide new information when we hear any updates from the team. We appreciate your patience in regards to this issue.

mtommy84
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same problem, not only with Google Hub. Delay happens on every device I'm sreaming on: laptop, android, iOS. Same 5ghz WiFi network. There is actually less delay when, from.my Android, I connect to the camera via 4G.
Ziguy
Star
Star
Best thing you could do if you bought thinking about integration is the refund.
It does not work.
I have it for about year an a half. Never worked and support haven’t done nothing about it.
Arlo Baby is one of my regrets. Now a days I have to put up with my wife often complaining about and bad connection and lost of image....
cfoxusmc
Tutor
Tutor

Fed up with this issue, we just bought a Nest camera instead.  Works like a charm with the Google devices.  It's a shame, as we're missing out on some of the features that the Arlo Baby has, but it was worth the trade-off for us.

dgenito
Initiate
Initiate

I'll do the same and ask for refund - you can not sell something promising something that is not true.

dkeijser
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi , 

i am having a delay of 10+ seconds, with the Arlo app 1s delay, and true the google home app, both on Pixel 3 and Nest Hub. Is there any solution? I tried another router, setup a new wifi network to see if that was the problem, but still the same issue..

dkeijser
Aspirant
Aspirant

I Am still having the same problem like everybody else, there is at least a 12s delay. Are there any updates?

Or should i return this product ?

Ziguy
Star
Star
Return if you can.
Have this topic for more than a year, almost two years and no update at all from arlo. Had high hopes for this product and ended up been my biggest regret.
Ksehgal25
Tutor
Tutor
Return it mate. Its useless
dbfarias
Initiate
Initiate
I have the same issue, ~20s delay.
Arlo, any news?? We need to buy other camera? It will solved just when my baby has 2 years old? 🙂

Tks
MWFD
Star
Star

Return it and learn the lesson that every person that has ever visited these forums learned - never, ever buy another Arlo product again. Ever.

getthefunout
Guide
Guide

I am using Arlo Baby and recently bought a Google Nest Hub to be able to watch the live stream on that device instead of always using my phone.  But there are three recurring issues that I cannot find solutions for.

1 - Cannot load stream.  Both the Nest Hub and Home app have intermittent issues loading the stream and ultimately fail.  Sometimes it works just the second try, other times it has failed over and over.

2 - Nest Hub drops video stream.  This happened much more frequently in the first day of using the Hub, but still happens some where the camera will be streaming then just suddenly stop without explanation.

3 - Significant lag in the live stream.  The Arlo app has a 1-2 second delay, that's fine.  The Nest Hub stream has a 20-30 second delay, which tends to be inconvenient when we need some realtime feedback on why we are hearing cries.  

None of these issues occur in the Arlo app...the closest to a problem using it is every now and then it takes a few more seconds to load the stream than I'd prefer.  There is no issue with wifi, Arlo and Nest hub are on a 5g router with gigabit internet service (and we rarely experience any difficulty with our smart tv, phones, laptops, etc.).  I have restarted the Nest Hub, I have restarted the Baby camera multiple times, I have synced devices with the Nest Hub, I have removed and replaced Arlo from Google Home, I have removed and replaced the camera from Arlo.  I have also reduced streaming quality from 1080 to 720; which might be the reason for the more reliable streams, but I'm not sure.  According to the Arlo app, the camera is on the most current firmware and there's no indication Google Hub needs to be updated.

Frustratingly, I have noticed these issues have been discussed in forums for years and still persist.  We didn't get an Arlo baby monitoring camera to only be able to use SOME of the advertised functions SOME of the time.

Thanks

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Ok, it's August 2020 and this is still an issue.  I've gone through the firmware/app update/reconnect to Google Home... all the steps... still major lagging.  Given the admission of the moderator that the development team is still looking into the issue, means that this product does not work as intended.  I would expect then to get a full refund if still in the warranty period. 

GemmaC
Aspirant
Aspirant
We argued this with amazon on safety grounds and got a full refund. It’s shocking how arlo think this is ok. Product isn’t fit for purpose. Our baby had reflux, a 20+ second delay when your baby has puked in their cot is more than dangerous. Told arlo this...no response. Awful product, awful customer service.
Bhamil07734
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm having the same exact issue. I've tried the troubleshooting steps that you have as well. No other devices on our network have an issue, including several google homes, chromecast, laptops streaming as we work from home, smartthings devices, wifi light bulbs etc. Our arlo baby uses 2.4 in the 5/2.4 network.

As an added note. When I bought the smartthings hub, arlo said that baby was compatible. Now suddenly that changes. Is this going to be remedied in the future? I was hoping to use this as a workaround to the Google home connection issue.

We have also noticed cutting out in the arlo app at night. When the app is opened it reconnects right away, so this appears to be some sort of timeout issue as opposed to a connection issue. Especially since this only happens on our Android tablet and not the apple phone.

We'd appreciate a timely fix to these issues. Thanks.
Dawko
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a serious delay from arlo baby to chromecast ultra, anyone else having a problem with this?

Dawko
Aspirant
Aspirant
Did they solved the issue?
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Dawko,

Have you tried rebooting your Google Chromecast Ultra to see if that might help?

Dawko
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes I have, the delay is the same on my phone when I use the Google Home app
L1qu1d1c3
Aspirant
Aspirant

Adding my input here.
I just bought an Arlo Essential Spotlight Camera today and there is still approximately 15 to 20 second delay when using a Google Home device. My network is in perfect condition because I've used another camera brand and this issue does not happen.