Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Ziguy
Star
Star

Just bought an Arlo Baby model:ABC1000, one of the main reasons was to integrate with my Google assistant.
Confirgured fine with the Arlo app, have this 2s delay with is acceptable for a wireless steaming camera, was able to integrate with Apple HomeKit, just to play and see how would work, everything is fine, even better audio quality (no tons of background/wite noise) and less delay, about 1s, then the arlo app. Big win for Apple software.
Now when if comes to Google environment, integrated ok but when casting to Google Hub or Chromecast on the TV have a 22s delay with the streaming witch is totaly unreliable for the use of this camera with Google assistant.
My wifi network is fine, not overloaded, AC router, 5hgz with band, good signal (not a big house) and worked fine with Arlo app and Apple homekit, this exclude the possibility of bad wifi set up. Have no problem streaming Netflix, music of other contant in my google assistant environment. Firmware is updated by the lastest release from Arlo app.
A 22s delay in a camera that supposed to help you take care of a baby is not a oppition. 
Any sugestions on how can I make it work? or if it does work at all?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

For anyone still experiencing this issue, please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue or refer to this article: How do I connect my Arlo cameras to Google Home or Google Assistant. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

View solution in original post

82 REPLIES 82
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have opened a case for you. Customer Support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible.

Ziguy
Star
Star

Thank you

Degi22
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same issue and have done all the resets etc. Any word from Arlo
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Degi22

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Keitwo
Initiate
Initiate

I am getting a 20-30 second delay when trying to cast the stream to my Google Home Hub. Is there a way to reduce this lag?

Surge1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue here, pretty annoying as I have a Lenovo smart display which would make a great monitor. Any firmware updates coming to fix? My stream also drops out after 5mins or so. Going to return my unit as not really fit for purpose as a baby monitor.

Surge1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can get my Arlo baby to stream on my Lenovo 10inch. Delay is pretty aweful at like 25secs.
Also drops out quite often. Really frustrating as if it was reliable it would blow other baby cams out of the water.

BuffaloTiger641
Tutor
Tutor

I'm having the exact same issues you are Surge1 on both my 10 inch and 8 inch Lenovo displays. Its frustrating and disappointing. If they worked they would be awesome baby monitors.

Gambinesh
Initiate
Initiate

Yes, having the reliability issues too. I put an Arlo 2 in the nursery to use as a baby monitor. The delay doesn't bug me too much, and I can get it to cast to a display easily enough, but it drops out randomly and does not reliably stay on the display. I can't be fighting with the camera when I should be watching my kid.

Arlo, please look into reliability through casting and delay.

Surge1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Even more frustrating is that if cast my tablet display to the TV showing the Arlo app the delay reduces to like 1/2 seconds yet seems like a much more convoluted data stream.

Sky1arrae
Initiate
Initiate
Has the 22 second delay issue been sorted on the Arlo baby cam when connected to the google home hub, as I’m having the same issue. I’m wondering if it’s worth contacting customer service or just exchanging it.
Ziguy
Star
Star
I have not done the follow-up.
Gave up using google hub integrated with arlo baby and do not recommend for this use, since it does not work.
yhk120
Guide
Guide

the issue definitely isn't resolved as of yet i think,

it's completely useless in my opinion, 

tech support wants me to provide them with information such as

internet provider, modem manufacturer and so forth???

All my other streaming devices work fine, it's just Arlo that's basically useless when used with Google Home.

Please fix!

yhk120
Guide
Guide

nothing has been fixed on this device,

i get lag everytime when streaming arlo baby with google home.

hope there is a fix soon...

Ziguy
Star
Star
If this was one person only issue.. but no. Different countries, providers, senarios... And all other streaming services work fine. Arlo app, home kit integration, but no good google assistant.

My recommendation:
Spread the word that Arlo baby is not for google assistant, so no one is fooled anymore.
yhk120
Guide
Guide

Have to agree with you,

it's a shame that Arlo Baby DOES NOT work with google hub...it was one of the main reasons for purchasing one.

having a delay of over 20secs is horrendous, their R&D team should be able to duplicate this issue and send out a patch.

mgeezy85
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is anyone at Netgear listening? This is unacceptable.

Xme53
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here - very disappointing - huge delay in streaming to Chromecast while all other streams on the same network work just fine. I do not recommend buying Arlo Baby to use with google chrome unless this is fixed.
BuffaloTiger641
Tutor
Tutor

I haven't seen any fixes either. I still have a lag of at least 20 seconds on my lenovo displays and the stream still stops after a while. I wonder how arlo cameras are working on googles smart displays?

arrrmand
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also have the same issue with the ~20 sec lag as well as Arlo no longer recording motion/audio from my Arlo Baby while viewing on the Google Home Hub.

I worked with Google on this issue and they directed me to Arlo.

BuffaloTiger641
Tutor
Tutor

I have a feeling that if you contacted Arlo they would direct you to google. lol I not seen any improvements to my arlo camera's on my lenovos and i have a feeling we might never see any fixes coming.

yhk120
Guide
Guide

yup we're just all going around in circles..

the support is pretty sad.

absolutjochen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have the same Problem. 10 -20 Seconds Delay. That is not acceptable with Arlo Baby. 

absolutjochen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, 

i have the Arlo Baby and the Nest HUb and there is a Delay of 10-20 Seconds? Normal? How i can resolve that? The Commercials show a perfect Live Situation.

I have here Arlo Pro 2 and Arlo Ultra, too and i think i get same Delays - that bring nothing.

Is Amazon Echo better?

Greetings