Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Apple HomeKit Token reset

creekside6918
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can I get an token reset for the two SmartHubs associated with this accounts email address?

317 REPLIES 317
cmscmadd
Tutor
Tutor

Seems lots of people are experiencing this same problem and have been for years. Why can’t we just get a reset HomeKit token button in our user profile settings?

rudi77
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi 

Can I also get a token reset? I’m having the same issue. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

strevinob, rudi77

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

TheVansinOz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JamesC 

Please could I also have a token reset so I can complete my setup. Thanks! 

Roman119
Apprentice
Apprentice

Good afternoon. Please token reset my base, I can't connect Homekit. VMB5000 Base Stations SN A6G32374A0305

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

TheVansinOz, Roman119

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

Wjust
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can I get a token reset as well? All troubleshooting steps have failed. 

JHOOVA
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issues, can you send a token reset? 

5GH18B7WA13EC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Wjust, JHOOVA

JamesC

JHOOVA
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you very much James. 

Mocajr66
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can I also get a token reset?

Mocajr66
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can I get a reset token, please 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mocajr66,

JamesC

Marcus_landscap
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi there - I need a HomeKit token reset too please.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Marcus_landscap,

JamesC

greasy_fork
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James,

I'd also like a token reset.

Thanks!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

greasy_fork,

JamesC

Tiercel2
Aspirant
Aspirant

I updated to the new Apple HomeKit Architecture, it wasn't loading the cameras, so I removed it from my home kit.  Now when I try to add it back (from the app since it doesn't have a homekit code/sticker), it spins on "devices found", with a suggestion to check firmware (which was up to date).  I'm not sure if there's an issue where my vmb4000r3 is not compatible with the new architecture, if a token reset will help, or if there is another fix.   Thank you for your time/support!

Shillelegh
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, can I please have a token reset for apple HomeKit?  
Product: VMB4000

Thanks

Scott_78
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, can you please send a token reset? Home kit configuration stuck in search.

Thanks 

Cribbe8
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can I please get a token reset sent to my base station?  As others have posted, can no longer discover the basestation via HomeKit setup.

VMB4000r3

Serial: 4RD3887GA153E

F/W: 1.21.0.0_4280_a58d08a

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Tiercel2, Shillelegh, Scott_78, Cribbe8

JamesC

Tiercel2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you so much for resetting the token.  It worked perfectly after the architecture change/removing and adding back with a new key!  thank you again!

Appleman318
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is simply ridiculous: the first post was on 2022-03-15, that is over a year ago, and this still is not as per Apple's slogan "It just works".

Why is there a reset button on the "smart hub"? I bought a brand new Smart Hub 5000 and Ultra 2 xl, and it simply doesn't connect to Apple Home.

James, do I need a "token reset": I don't know what that means, and how you can have access to this?

Isn't it supposed to be a private personal thing, this camera system?

I cannot find help on your website.

I hope you can help me here via this Forum.

Thanks!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Appleman318,

Generally speaking, you can sync your Arlo equipment with HomeKit without needing to make any additional support requests. However in some instances, your Arlo SmartHub will need a token refresh to be recognized as an eligible HomeKit device.

While support is unable to see your system directly to perform this token refresh, we can request a refresh token to be sent to the email address associated with your community account which will then update the token on your system (as long as the community login you're using is the same as your Arlo login). Your login email is only visible to Arlo moderators.

JamesC