Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

mode function on my mobile app no longer works

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
DJD
Star
Star

Ever since the firmware update my Netgear base station has not updated and the mode function on my mobile app no longer works. I have been in lengthy correspondence with the support team who either do not read my previous messages properly or are incompetent. I have tried everything they have suggested several times but to no avail. They ignore my request to replace the base station which I have concluded must be faulty yet still under guarantee. For anyone reading this I suggest you buy an alternative system from a different vendor.

14 REPLIES 14
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DJD,

Please send me your case number in a private message for further review. I would be happy to take a look to and see if I can't assist you further with this issue.

Does the mode function work on the web client or is this issue exclusive to the mobile app?

JamesC

Kwitzzy78
Aspirant
Aspirant
I, too have the same problem with the App and also the web client. I'm no longer able to delete clips in my library either. Please help
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kwitzzy78,

Consider a reboot (on/off button on the back) of the base station. Please let me know if you continue experiencing this issue after the reboot.

JamesC

johnbmwm6
Aspirant
Aspirant

I only bought this today, it does not work, no Mode shows in the Mobile phone re-booted still nothing, it goes back tomorrow.

EDIT: Re-booted again now ALL WORKING!! great now we can get going.

demetreb
Apprentice
Apprentice
There has yet to be any real solution to it. I too have been in lengthy corespondence with tech to no avail. Reset reset reset and Uninstall re install us their only solution. We just have to get used to signing in and out 4-5 x to check our system on our phones.....
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since your situation seems to be unique, it would appear to be something in your setup or devices. What OS are you using? Are there different devices and OSes?

johnbmwm6
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi I solved it by reloading the App on the Phone twice, them the Menu came up and it's worked ever since.

So Happy.Man Happy

demetreb
Apprentice
Apprentice
Android. Up to date. I've been through it several times with the tech support. They are as lost as I am. There are a few other posts on the subject so not is not as unique as assumed.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

demetreb,

Is this an intermittent issue or does it always occur when trying to access modes from your mobile device?

JamesC

demetreb
Apprentice
Apprentice
JamesC. This is a consistent issue. If I go another screen or section on the app and return to the MODES screen it is blank.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

demetreb,

Please provide me with your support case number (in a private message). I would like to further investigate this issue.

Thank you,

JamesC

4metoo
Guide
Guide

If you get any help please post as I have a 2 week running case with Netgear support on the same issue with no sign of any resolution.

johnbmwm6
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi I have the HTC M9 android, my app did not work at first, I deleted it re-downloaded it and it worked very well and still does.

No problems with it now at all.

demetreb
Apprentice
Apprentice
Always. If I access the Mode section first I can access all the modes and schedules etc, however leaving the mode section and going to cameras or the library sections viewing a vid or viewing a camera THEN back to the Mode section ... it is blank....i can still access the camera and library sections but not mode....log out and in again to access modes
Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation