Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Changing recipient of push notifications

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
JT
Guide
Guide

I need to change the person who gets notifications from Arlo.

I have deleted an email address and a push notification phone number from my account (those no longer appear in Modes for any camera) and have added new ones. The old recipient contiues to receive notifications. (The new recipient also receives them, as it should be.)

How do I stop notifications to the now-removed addresses?

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JT,

Is the old recipient still receiving push notifications or e-mail alerts? Push notifications are sent when a device is logged in to the Arlo app. The user must log out of the Arlo app in order to stop receiving push notifications if they are enabled.

If they are still receiving e-mail alerts, check your rules again to be sure you have removed their e-mail address. Be sure to save when you have finished making changes to the rules.

JamesC

rjn2077
Aspirant
Aspirant

JT,

Did you figure out how to do this? I need to do the same and am having trouble!

rjn2077
Aspirant
Aspirant

James,

What if this person is a creepy ex-boyfriend who refuses to do so? There MUST be a way to protect one's privacy and remove their phone number from the account! Right?  Access has already been removed from the "friend's" list ... but, the notifications are still being sent. How do I remedy that?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

What if this person is a creepy ex-boyfriend who refuses to do so? There MUST be a way to protect one's privacy and remove their phone number from the account! Right?  Access has already been removed from the "friend's" list ... but, the notifications are still being sent. How do I remedy that?

In the worst case situ, one can always delete/drop the entire account and reset the base and start as new...

The base would have new account info and the 'unwanted person' would be out.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation