Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 26 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 12 In Conversation
drvabmd
Follower
Follower

The push notification is active on the website settings. The push notification is active on both the iphone settings and the arlo settings. the background app refresh is on. no push notifications on motion. Just emails. why?

26 REPLIES 26
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I assumed you checked the IOS app to make sure push alerts weren't turn off ( there is a toggle there )

If you have, try a forced stop of the app and clear the cache.  If that's all NG, you may have to uninstall and reinstall the app.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Vitesse
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue. I am not familiar with how to perform a forced stop of the app. Could you explain. It worked the first day but now it doesn't. I have installed the app on several different iPads if that matters.

Thank you,

DaneA
Master
Master

Hi Vitesse,

Regarding on how you could forced stop the app on your iOS device, kindly access this link as you reference.

I will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

DaneA

Arlo Team

Vitesse
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I have tried to force close the app and have deleted it and reloaded and I am still not getting push notifications. I have checked and all the settings on my iPhone 5 and iPads are correct. i would really like to have this feature work.

Thank you.

DaneA
Master
Master

Hi Vitesse,

If ever you have not yet came across on this article, kindly access it below and it might help you:

How do I enable and disable Arlo push notifications on my iOS device?

Regards,

DaneA

Arlo Team

Vitesse
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have checked those settings and they are correct on all my devices.

Thank you.

DaneA
Master
Master

Hi Vitesse,

May I know what is the current firmware version of your Arlo base station and cameras? 

Regards,

DaneA

Arlo Team

Vitesse
Aspirant
Aspirant

DaneA,

Here is the info:

FW Version:  1.4.2695

HW Version:  VMB3010r2

Also, yesterday a package was delivered to our front door and the camera didn't record the motion. It seemed to work this morning when tested. But no push notification.

I am beginning to have some trust issues with the system.

Thank you,

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Does the Iphone receive arlo alerts while in sleep mode?  ( android had a similar problem )

Vitesse
Aspirant
Aspirant

It got push alerts the first day and then that stopped. Only email alerts. It did get them whenthe phone was asleep.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As mentioned earlier..

1)make sure you app is up to date , should be 1.82

2)force close the app in your phone and clear the cache

test

3) if above doesn't work, then uninstall and reinstall app on you phone.

DaneA
Master
Master

Hi Vitesse,

Thank you for your response.

Firmware version 1.4.2695 is the latest firmware for the base station.  How about your camera(s), what is the firmware version of each? 

Looking forward to your response again.

Regards,

DaneA

Arlo Team

Vitesse
Aspirant
Aspirant

All 4 cameras firmware version is 1.2.2688.

I received push notifications on one camera one time last Friday. I have gotten none since.

Thank you,

BrianL
Master
Master

Hi Vitesse,

I’ve sent you a private message to collect more information about this issue. 

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Brian L
Arlo Team
foxcertmoc02
Aspirant
Aspirant

I thought it was getting a problem with your apps. I have used Hooks Notification / Alert system for my android. It works good for iphone and android and it has many feature that you can added in future. I have found it from my friends and he suggest me Hooks google playstore for my android. If you repair your push notification system then hope you will agian back. 

1226safooma
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was wondering if this issue was ever resolved.  I e-mailed Support two days ago but have not heard back yet.  I myself get the notifications on my iPhone just fine, but my wife has stopped gettting the notifications and we have tried everything suggested in this string (at least twice).  Checked phone settintgs, deleted and reinstalled the app, etc. etc.  She has been getting push notifications for almost a year just fine, and continues to get the e-mails.  Any ideas would be appreciated, as the push notifications are much more valuable than the e-mail notifications.  Thank you.

1226safooma
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just an update.  Now I am not getting push notifications either.  I'm not sure when they stopped because my wife was the one who checked when we received notifications.  This was one of the main selling points in our decision to go with this system.   So obviously we are hoping this gets resolved sooner than later.  Thanks.

Vitesse
Aspirant
Aspirant

The issue was never resolved and I have not allotted anymore time to resolve the problem. All of my iPhone settings are correct (that's their goto response). I received the notifications part of the first day and that's it - then they stopped.

Tex_JJ
Aspirant
Aspirant
Has there been any movement on this? I disconnected the home base and reconnected then lost all push notifications. I have uninstalled and reinstalled iOS app. Nothing. I get notifications on email just not Arlo. Is was working fine before the disconnect.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While there does seem to be an iOS issue, have you checked your modes to ensure notifications are enabled?

Ln710
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same problem and have done everything and still zero notifications. I get all emails but no push notifications and neither does my wife. She has android and I have new newest iOS. This is crazy
Ln710
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ln710,

Be sure you have push notifications enabled for each camera. Mode > Click the edit pencil for the mode that is set for motion detection > Click edit for the camera rule > make sure push notifications are checked.

If you're still having issues uninstall and reinstall your Arlo app. Reboot your phone and base station. Please let me know if you continue to experience issues.

JamesC

Nikolaou
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have also the same problem with the push notifications. I receive the emails but unluckily one or two notifications per day respect the 15-20 emails. It works every time I change the profile of the mode, the first one or two notifications and nothing else. I m desperate about the situation its provocate an uncertainty feeling... p.s. I have upgrade base station and all cameras firmware, iOS is updated, one user only, enabled notifications everywhere iOS, app, all cameras etc