Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing seems to not be working the same after iPhone ap update

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
tnaks27
Aspirant
Aspirant
Geofencing was working great changing modes when I was away from hom/returned home until a couple of days ago. I used to get a lot of email notifications and recordings whenever I left home. After the June 16 iOS ap update, I stopped getting recordings and email notifications. Tonight, while away from home, I checked the mode setting it still showed "disarmed" mode, though I was over 10 miles away from home. I then checked and verified that I still had location services turned on. Then I edited the Arlo ap geofencing mode, and the map still had me located at home, not where I actually was. Seems like maybe the ap update done on June 26,2016 changed something that caused it to not know where my device is. I then edited and reset all of the settings for the Geofencing mode and after restarting the ap, it showed the mode in the "Armed" mode like it should have been. It also changed to "Disarmed" when I returned home. Hope it works ok from now on. Since the feature is still in Beta mode, thought I would share this experience.
6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

tnaks27,

Thank you for the feedback. Could you provide your iOS model/OS version?

Are you still seeing this behavior or is Geofencing now behaving as expected?

JamesC

tnaks27
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have an iPhone 6 with iOS version 9.3.2.

Seems to be working fine now. Went out today and notifications and mode changes worked as they are expected to. This is a great feature.

Noticed my typo in my original posting. Ap update on iPhone was done on 6/16, not 6/26.
sandm
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was attempting to try Geofencing (which shows as BETA on my phone, but "only available on mobile" on desktop) and it shut Arlo down.  I have tried this several times, each time having to resign into the APP, and each time it throws me out saying "Arlo has stopped working".

Any ideas?  I would much rather just have the Geofencing set up as Canary does so well and really don't want to have to sign in and out of site to activate.  (My schedule varies, so I can't "set the schedule).

Help please!!!!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

sandm,

What android version are you running on your device? I have tested using a Galaxy S4 running 5.0.1 and have not been able to replicate this issue.

You might also consider a fresh install of the Arlo mobile app.

JamesC

sandm
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am using Android 4.4.2, but it doesn't even show up as an option for my daughter's iPhone.  I added her on as able to make adjustments.   She added the app, uninstalled it, added it again, and still it doesn't show up. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

sandm,

This could be due to the version of Android you are using. Are there updates available for your device?

What iphone/iOS version is your daughter's iPhone?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation