Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

A request was posted in Ideas that they would rather receive TEXT messgs instead of emails  ( as it's easier to view at times ).

I just wanted to repost the answer as user tip;

If you want to get text messgs instead of emails, use the format to convert an email to sms ( text ).  I also use this on a dumb  non-smart phone when needed ( yes there still are some out there 🙂  ).

for exp; in verizon if you use    phone#@vtext.com  for your email, the messg will show up in your phone as an sms messg.

check with your phone service for the proper format to do this

formats as follow;

AT&T: cellnumber@txt.att.net

Cingular: cellnumber@cingularme.com

Metro PCS: cellnumber@MyMetroPcs.com

Nextel: cellnumber@messaging.nextel.com

Powertel: cellnumber@ptel.net

Sprint: cellnumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com
SunCom: cellnumber@tms.suncom.com

T-Mobile: cellnumber@tmomail.net

US Cellular: cellnumber@email.uscc.net

Verizon: cellnumber@vtext.com

Virgin Mobile: cellnumber@vmobl.com

Alltel:  cellnumber@message.alltel.com

AT&T:  cellnumber@txt.att.net

Cingular:  cellnumber@cingularme.com

Metro PCS:  cellnumber@MyMetroPcs.com

Nextel:  cellnumber@messaging.nextel.com

Powertel:  cellnumber@ptel.net

Sprint:  cellnumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com|
SunCom:  cellnumber@tms.suncom.com

T-Mobile:  cellnumber@tmomail.net

US Cellular:  cellnumber@email.uscc.net

Verizon:  cellnumber@vtext.com

Virgin Mobile:  cellnumber@vmobl.com

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
44 REPLIES 44
Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

What are you trying to achieve with a NSX number of XXXX ?

Twosmiles
Tutor
Tutor

Hi does anyone know the way to convert email to text with Three in the UK, please.

i have tried number@three.co.uk and number@three.com. I have tried number without 44 and with 44 (minus 0).

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Twosmiles,

A quick google search on the topic came back with number@smtp-mbb.three.co.uk. Worth a shot. Let us know if this works for you.

JamesC

Lewisharrison
Aspirant
Aspirant
I tried this with a vtext account, but you want a confirming email returned. You can't do that with a vtext account
Cento
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I am an Australian user. I just completed the newest app update and now I'm uddenyl unable to receive Text notifcations, whih I've been receiving all along. Anyone help with turning these text messages on (the phone pathways above are for the US, and arent; applicable for Australia).

Many thanks for any help.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Many questions and answers on this.  Have you checked your modes to turn notifications on?

mep123
Apprentice
Apprentice

After the update, I had to reconfigure the camera rules to send email alerts and text messages. For some reason, the update retained my email address but stripped the address associated with the text messages. Once I did that the email and text message alerts worked fine.

mep123
Apprentice
Apprentice

I spoke a little too soon. The email and text notifications had been working fine, but a test about 20 minutes ago indicates otherwise.  Neither of them have shown up, nor has the recording shown up in my library. I am generally aware of similar reports, and of some acknowledgement of technical difficulties being worked on. Maybe that's it.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mep123,

Are you still having issues receiving notifications/recordings? Please let me know!

JamesC

Cento
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James,

Yes, still no texts. Getting 'notifications' and emails, but no text messages.

Thanks,

Cento
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your response, sounds promising that they're working on it, maybe in the next update? Still no text option for me though (but can get notifications and emails).  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Cento,

Arlo does not send text notifications only push and e-mail notifications. 

JamesC

Cento
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi james,

Yes, i got confused - I meant ntofications. I was not getting notifications (the little red ones or twos that come up on the app), but I received my iphone update, and am now getting them but without sound? I haven;t really fiddled with this problem yet, so I'll see if there's any settings I need to chage.

many thanks

mep123
Apprentice
Apprentice

JamesC wrote:

mep123,

Are you still having issues receiving notifications/recordings? Please let me know!

JamesC

No. App, email, and text alerts are all working fine now. Thanks for asking.

mep123
Apprentice
Apprentice

mep123 wrote:

JamesC wrote:

mep123,

JamesC

No. App, email, and text alerts are all working fine now. Thanks for asking.

Recordings are also showing up right away in my library.

Cento
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi James, all good as of this morning. Notifications coming through with volume. iPhone update seemed to be responsible.
Thanks so much for your follow up
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Cento,

Glad to hear the issue is resolved!

JamesC

vidyavrat
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am not able to configure text alerts on T-Mobile using cellNumber@tmomail.net as suggested in one of the reply on furum.

I also spoke to tbobile customer care and got no help. They said nothing is blocked at their end.

Has anybody done it and provide some input.

Thanaks

vidyavrat
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am not able to configure text alerts on T-Mobile using cellNumber@tmomail.net as suggested in one of the reply on furum.

I also spoke to tbobile customer care and got no help. They said nothing is blocked at their end.

Has anybody done it and provide some input.

Thanaks

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

don't know if yours is, but it may not work on a pre-paid phone.

As a PS... to check if it's a problem from the domain name... try and use a few diff emails servers (gmail,hotmail.etc ) and test to see if you get them

Morse is faster than texting!
Discussion stats