Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

(VMS3330) Batteries too expensive

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
AnnikaOhm
Aspirant
Aspirant

Initially I thought this was a very good buy. The Cameras are good quality and they work well. But I am utterly dissatisfied with the batteries. I have been to 5 different shops to find the batteries they take and they are only sold in single packs and the cheapest price I could find is $10.70

I have 3 cameras which each take 4 batteries and they are all due to be replaced after 5 weeks of the cameras use on motion detection only.

3 cameras x 4 batteries x $10.70 = $128.40. This is an astronomical ongoing cost. I cant afford to keep these cameras running!

This is absolutely ridiculous and I feel like Arlo should have used a cheaper mor commonly available batteries types to allow these to run. I am thinking of returning my cameras because of this.

The suggested solution for others who have complained about this regarding batterie optimisation is just not good enough and does not resolve this.

Whats more is their policy states that if you use cheaper batteries online they will wreck your camera and void the warranty. I feel like I have been conned or scammed.

I hope you can provide me with a good solution!

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

So buy good ones from the Internet.  It depends on what country you're located in but for the US batteries can be had for 1/10th of what you have locally, ~$1.50 apiece.  Also, check the Buying Options and Tips forum for big threads on using specific rechargeable batteries.  Netgear specifically disavows the use of rechargeables but that may be due to some cameras being damaged by cheap, unprotected batteries.

AnnikaOhm
Aspirant
Aspirant

Do you have a solution for batteries that can be purchased and sent to Australia? I have not come across anything close to that price here for a reasonable branded battery. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The biggest issue is shipping lithium batteries. Australia may need an importer - want a new job?  🙂

quedecree
Aspirant
Aspirant

In Australia, there are a few shops that sell good led flashlights and they usually sell CR123 batts.  ie:  Ledtorchshop has 10 packs for $35.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation