Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can we use Arlo in India?

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
etejeswi
Follower
Follower

I don't see India listed in countries supported. Is it still possible to use it there, or do you limit usage to IP addresses from the countries listed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

savvy25,

The time zone issue that was occurring in India has since been resolved. Please let me know if you are experiencing any issues selecting the correct time zone in India.

JamesC

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

It should work according to the answer given by Netgear to a similar question in the following thread:

So, Netgear does not seem to impose any IP-address restrictions.

Only drawbacks I see:

• You won't have any warranty.
  • You can only subscribe to the basic plan, i.e. no more than five cameras per base station.
  • Possibly longer response times when accessing the portal, because of distance to the servers.
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

I just found the following thread, in which the Phillipines are apparently currently blocked from registering an Arlo system:

So, better wait for an official reply from Netgear, before marking this thread as solved.

DanielT
Arlo Employee Retired

All,

The inability to create accounts from the Philippines has now been corrected. Please let us know of any countries where account creating still fails. Thank you.

DanielT

Netgear Arlo Customer Support

BijuT
Aspirant
Aspirant
Invested a lot of money in importing these cameras in to India through Amazon. Now Netgear does not even allow to select the Indian timezone. This is really unfortunate and unethical. They officially launched Arlo in India in 2015.I got these from US because the camera were not available in Indian market though there were press reports that the camera was launched in India. All if a sudden, with a recent update, Netgear has also removed the option to select an Indian timezone and the cameras have started working very slowly.... Disappointed with this discrimination

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

BijuT,

I have created a case and escalated this issue. If you have any other questions or concerns feel free to send me a private message.

Thank you,

JamesC

BijuT
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks James.
May I know if you are aware of any timeframe to resolve this. The time zone issue is really annoying and as I said there was no problem till recently.

I have 5 wireless cameras and 1 Arlo q. I have recommended and successfully persuaded at least 3 of my friends to buy your cameras.

In addition to rectifying the time zone issue, may I also request you to provide a better server support and ability to subscribe to your packages. Now, we only can have basis subscription.

Netgear products have a big market in Indis and so are security cameras. There was a press release in Jun2015 that you launched Arlo in India. But after that nothing has been heard.

Quick support from Netgear would be really appreciated. Thanks

Regards

Biju
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

BijuT,

I do not currently have a time frame for a resolution but will keep this thread posted with any new information I receive.

With regard to subscription plans, paid service is not yet available in all countries. We are actively working to launch subscription plans in more countries but cannot provide a date at this time. We encourage users to check frequently for the most up to date list: What are the available Arlo subscription plans and how much cloud storage is available?

JamesC

BijuT
Aspirant
Aspirant
James

Thanks. But I am not asking for anything new. Something which was already available to the customers was taken away by Netgear without any notice. I spent more than 1800 $ on your system and was looking forward to add a couple of more cameras. Hence, I think Netgear, living up to its reputation, should show some sensitivity to this concern. I am not asking for anything new, just asking to revive something which was already there when I installed your products.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

BijuT,

The engineering team is aware of the time zone issue and is working toward a resolution. I will provide an update as soon as a resolution is provided by engineering.

JamesC

BijuT
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello James

The latest s/w update yesterday seems to address the time zone issue. I am surprised to note that your technical team wrote to me yesterday that there was NO solution yet and they would update me as soon as they have a solution !

I hope the current solution ( which has come unexpectedly through this software update) is a reliable one. I wanted to add some more cameras and I hope it is ok to go ahead.
Thanks for your support re this

Biju
savvy25
Arlo Employee Retired
Is this problem fixed?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

savvy25,

The time zone issue that was occurring in India has since been resolved. Please let me know if you are experiencing any issues selecting the correct time zone in India.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation