Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

aaronawk
Follower
Follower
hello, i'm not sure where to go for help. i've been troubleshooting for hours and also have looked extensively online for help. our cameras are not working at all, no motion, no going live. i've reset the arlo base, removed batteries, reset wifi, removed a device and then added it back. NOTHING HAS WORKED. firmware version is 1.3.314 and there are no available updates. we bought our cameras a few years ago so I believe we have the original Arlo wireless cameras.
190 REPLIES 190
mprest37
Initiate
Initiate
This seemed to resolve my issue as well, thank you!
emonlezun
Tutor
Tutor

Hope y'all get your Arlo up and running soon.  I'm just curious..I do not subscribe to the Arlo cloud service since I only have 4 cameras.  Do y'all subscribe?  Wondering if that could be part of the issue?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Some folks have started adding a new camera that doesn't actually exist. This causes the base to check for updates and has installed it. After that has finished, simply cancel the new camera install.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Nope, has nothing to do with the issue.

ArloUser52
Guide
Guide

Thankfully all 5 cameras are back up and functioning properly again like before the new base station firmware update 1.12.2.0_2794 on 4-19-19. The older base station firmware 1.12.0.1_27940 has been restored in its place as it seems many Arlo users have experienced. I can now monitor my house as needed until they figure out what the problem with the newer firmware update is.

Base station model VMB4000

sosilv
Tutor
Tutor
thank you. Arlo rolling back the firmware solved my problem.
Gwatts
Tutor
Tutor

Interesting that the Arlo system came back online this morning.  It would be nice if this company could have let everyone know that the system was down. I certainly hope no one got into a trouble situation with the failure of a company that had no communication with its customers.  

outofsync
Guide
Guide

I'm back online this morning.  Netgear must have resolved it last night and updated everything.

Salt05
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you jguerdat. I tried that but it still would not update. So I found another thread on previous update issues. Someone tried cycling router on and off and then the base station. That worked for me.

LamX
Guide
Guide
Agreed- takes a lot of time to reset and resync cameras. Would have appreciated some announcement to wait for fix. Issues resolved by rollback.
Arloisnotgood
Initiate
Initiate
April 22, 2019. The Arlo Pro 2 base station will not update. Several other customers have the same problem but the solution offered is worthless and does not work. The system is now unusable. Has anyone figured out this problem?
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Arlo is aware of this and working on it.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Roadkillav8r
Guide
Guide

If the problem is on their end why don’t they get on the board and let everyone know what the issue is and when we can expect a fix?  I’ve had mine 6 days now and they are back offline for the third time.  I’m at work and can’t reboot.  Kind of defeats the purpose if they only work when I’m home.

Roadkillav8r
Guide
Guide

Mine died this morning, probably after getting the old firmware.  Hopefully a reboot when I get home will work.  Maybe Arlo should test their firmware before making us upgrade.

ashee
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey all, I had the same problem. on Thursday 18th I had a message that I "had" to update the firmware on my arlo to use it. So I updated it via the android app using my local wireless connection (same network). Waited, and waited some more. Eventually got message that base station was offline, go to support.arlo.com.

I left it alone all weekend without touching it at all. Today, still in same situation. So I powered it off completely and back on. After 10 minutes same problem.

Now pressed and held reset button on base station for 10 seconds. Still shows offline.

Go through wizard to add a base station. It finds one!

So I go back to main screen and remove my existing cameras and base station. Done.

Now going through wizard to add base station. Finds it immediately!

Displays message about checking for firmware update. Stays on this screen for 2 mins.

Seems to have been successful.

Now adding camera, had to remove batteries to get the blue flashing LED.

Camera added successfully.

System seems to be working fully now, although my camera batteries are basically drained at 1%.. uffff

Hope this helps someone else too.

mgbnet
Apprentice
Apprentice

Looks like it might be fixed. The live view of the cameras is now working and it is not prompting me to update the firmware anymore...

jjensendroid
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok, it's reverted to the old firmware as of this morning and seems to be working again.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The engineering team is investigating the cause of these issues. For those of you who experienced issues with the previous firmware version, we'd like to know the following:

-Your internet service provider (Verizon, AT&T U-verse, Cox Cable, etc.)
-Details about your network setup (Firewalls, non-standard router configurations, etc.)
-Router/Modem make and model (NETGEAR Nighthawk R7000, etc.)

More details the better! Please let us know.

Thank you,
JamesC

jjensendroid
Aspirant
Aspirant

I gave all kinds of information including this to the rep I had a chat with last night.  Mines working again now that they rolled the firmware back.  

J-L
Tutor
Tutor

Shaw Internet

No firewall, no mac filtering, standard setup

Base HW VersionVMB4000r3

Robyn2303
Initiate
Initiate
Hi All. Thanks for your replies. After 48 hours of trying to update the firmware unsuccessfully i gave up! However it has now managed to do it itself and all my cameras are now working.
As I mentioned I am away from the premises and couldn’t do anything onsite to the base station - so the update appears to have eventually happened remotely !
Roadkillav8r
Guide
Guide

Cox and a Netgear N300 router

outofsync
Guide
Guide

Whoa!! Wait a minute @JamesC.  Why give our home network details over unsecured means??!!  All the information you're asking for can be used by someone nefarious to gain access to our home networks.  I don't understand why Netgear would want this infromation for a firmware or hardware issue - irrelavent!  A user can troubleshoot without divulging sensitive information about their network.

MaMaw
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yep, getting same message since last update.  Phone constantly shows "getting status" however everything is okay on desktop.  Can't carry the desktop around with me.  Not happy with this last update.

kevin_in_az
Star
Star

For about 2 of the past 6 months my cameras have beeen down, the orignal Arlo system.  I have 5 originals and I am constantly replacing bateries and about once a month I get a message:  

Please make sure it is connected to the Internet. Visit support.arlo.com for help.

When it finally gets working, I have to resync ALL of my cameras (which I have to lug a ladder around the permieter of my house to access them, which takes about 2 hours), then it forces an update and the batteries die.  Then I get the message the next month and have to repeat.

I have -ZERO- probelms with my RING doorbell and other things that rely on Wifi.  I'm done with these crappy cameras and the updates which cause outages.    They are unreliable and troublesome.