Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

iPhone XS Max On IOS 12 Is Not Playing Videos In Library

Kevinleese49
Follower
Follower

Hi I have just got the new iPhone XS max and it is synchronised to my cameras but it will not play my library videos but will play live events can you help please

602 REPLIES 602
joshwg78
Tutor
Tutor

Add me to the list, I was just posting thinking it was my Arlo cameras. iPhone Xs Max and now videos won't work. hope this gets resolved soon.

bgalvin9
Initiate
Initiate

FRUSTRATED!!! I spent hours on this issue the other night. Resetting all cameras, deleting base station and syncing/setting up all cameras again. Deleteing & reinstalling app on phones. Restating modem/router/base station. All to find out this morning that it is in fact the new iPhone XS & XS Max giving me the trouble. Finally fired up the iphone 8 (ios 12) & 8 Plus (ios 11.4.1). They both work flawlessly as usual. Videos load right up. so now I feel kinda dumb not thinking it was the new phones. New XS & Max just a picture of the video and no clip. I understand the new iphones have created the problem for Arlo but HEY ARLO LEEEEETTTSSSS GOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! I bought these cameras because of theft in my home, I look at my cameras on the phone constanly and need this working ASAP!

NiPaGe
Apprentice
Apprentice

Day 9 After iPhone XS Release ... no Update no Information 😡

Andyweak
Tutor
Tutor
Assassinrow
Guide
Guide

My Arlo camera is sensing motion and recording video, however the video playback is frozen throughout the entire video.

Socco
Initiate
Initiate
Any progress fixing this ?
Getfuzzy77
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi everyone,

Chiming in to say I am having the same issue. I thought it was my camera system, so I went through the process or removing devices, power cycling, and re-syncing everything go no avail. Glad it’s not my devices but hoping we get an update soon.
Retired_Member
Not applicable
ozmale1
Star
Star

Mine is not playing either.

It looks like the problem is not just related to Arlo videos.  Searching the net reveales the New Iphone XS and XS max will not play a host of videos formats.

Typical apple, design a new chip that only play proprioty apple video formats.

Tracytran1810
Initiate
Initiate
Having the same issues and waiting for a solution soon..
alongtheway
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi,

I have installed an Arlo camera outside the front door of my house. I was able to access the videos recorded from Arlo app from previous phones including iPhone X. But after I upgraded my phone to iPhone XS Max, I can access the library from the phone but not can’t play videos. I even tried downloading the videos as well but the entire video clip is showing a white static image.

Please update the app so that videos can be played from the iPhone XS Max.

Thanks for your help in advance.
Yellorican
Initiate
Initiate
Same issue have iPhone xs max get notified of movement but cannot okay videos just still pictures
Meriddian69
Guide
Guide

Hey dont blame apple for  Netgear

Apples iphone XS 's hardware is there to make viewing videos easier and better for the future. They are not forcing us to use propriatory video formats at all. 

Netgear for a company of this size should have seen this issue coming a long way off and done something about it. Even now it is  weeks after launch and still no fix. Its just codec issue from what i can see so it should not be a difficult fix - all other apps the record or play video are working just fine.

Joke

NiPaGe
Apprentice
Apprentice
Day 11 after XS(Max) release!!! No Reply ... no Update 😡
Luki9990
Apprentice
Apprentice
😡😡😡😡
Gordyola
Tutor
Tutor

So the iPhoneXs is an upgrade of the iPhone X and the videos worked on that, the OS has been up graded to iOS12 and now the videos dont work Surely Netgear  test their apps on any new operating software be it Windows, Android or iOS during the developement phases So why has this not been fixed its ridculous that Netgear havent addressed this issue  

Chrismay
Initiate
Initiate
I am also having the same problem. It seems to record but there is only a screenshot and nothing actually plays.
Zurcyer
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same issue on my XS max. However my wife has an iPhone 7 running ios12 and the videos play just fine on her phone.
khoke1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been having issues with watching recordings on my iPhone XS Max. I thought it was an issue with the base station or cameras so I reset them all. When i saw your comment about your new iPhone X I started wondering if it was something wrong due to the phone. I downloaded the Arlo app on my iPad and can now watch the camera recordings fine. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

khoke1, john536669,

The engineering team is aware and is currently investigating and working toward a resolution for this issue. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused, while we work toward a resolution, we recommend using a browser to view videos. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information.

Bux
Initiate
Initiate

I contacted support today, 10-01-2018 and they have no timeframe in regard to an update that will allow the iPhone xs and xs max to play video. The calltaker did not seem too interested either.

Dbthomp77
Aspirant
Aspirant
Video is frozen but the player plays on my new iPhone X s max
MoarSilence
Initiate
Initiate
Follow up details as requested:

iPhone xs max

Ios 12.O (not beta)

All cameras arlo wire-free

No animation during library playback via app on iphone xs max - just single frame of video Displays as frozen. playback progress bar does animate through till end of clip duration, but recorded picture is frozen.

Saving to device results in 100% white frames for duration of clip during playback.

** library playback of the same recordings does work correctly on apple tv 4k (latest model), running tvOS 12.1

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Assassinrow,

What device are you using when you experience this issue? Have you tried to reboot the base station?

Assassinrow
Guide
Guide
It’s the original Arlo wireless security camera. VMC 3039. I have rebooted the base station, I hard wired in the base station to internet, I uninstalled and reinstalled the base station, camera, and app, installed new batteries, tried connecting with different devices.