Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Mitch3
Aspirant
Aspirant

iOS app ver 2.12 or earlier started playing audio after app switch to back ground.  This behavior supposed to be fixed, but came back again.   Please take a look. 

I could not find appropriate "board" for app, so posted here. 

11 REPLIES 11
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you download the Arlo app version 2.12.1 and test this issue again.

Mitch3
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes! I just tested and still not fixed.

Reproducing steps,
1. Play one of library video
2. Close app while playing
3. At home screen, automatically same video playing with just sound.

At step 2, if you pause video and close app, then no auto play happens.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Mitch3

Thank you for the detailed update, I was able to reproduce this. I  have escalated This issue to the appropriate team for review and I will provide an update as soon as possible.

RickNY
Star
Star
In Version 2.12.2 of the Arlo app, the audio will continue playing in the background when the app is closed. This problem was originally discussed here: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/After-viewing-playback-in-library-audio-keeps-playing-in/td-p...

The issue was corrected in Version 2.10, but we are experiencing it once again on two phones - one phone is running the release version of iOS 13.3 and the other phone is running iOS 13.3.1 Beta 2.

To reproduce:
Play a clip from the library with audio
While the clip is playing, close the Arlo app
A couple of seconds after closing the app, the audio from the clip returns.

Rick
Mdterps
Apprentice
Apprentice
Same issue here in iOS 13.3 IPhone X.
JGaroutte
Initiate
Initiate

Does anyone else have a problem with the mobile application continuing to play the video and audio even though the Arlo app is minimized and not active any longer?  It even does it when the phone is locked and screen dark.  The app feels to have many more bugs for its simplistic design.  Fix your products and for the love of us consumers, show some pride with quality! 

Mitch3
Aspirant
Aspirant

This problem is still happening in latest app version 2.12.3

Does Arlo developer plan to fix this issue ?  Its been more than 3 month like this, and so annoying. I may have to switch to other home security video system from Arlo!! 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Mitch3

The Arlo Development team has identified the issue with audio playing in the background & will be releasing a fix soon. I will provide an update as soon as possible. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Mitch3

The issue with audio playing in the background after closing a video should be fixed. Please download the latest version of the Arlo mobile App version 2.13. 

I have provided more details here: Firmware release notes

Mitch3
Aspirant
Aspirant
I confirmed version 2.13 fixed Background audio Issue. Thank you for fixing
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Mitch3

You are welcome