Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Battery Life went from 80-15% in 1 day

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Ctm_paul
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can anyone recommend a decent battery for the wireless Arlos? I just changed the batteries in all the cameras and for some reason one camera burns through batteries like crazy. I keep my cameras active all the time, I can go a good month or so before changing batteries, but this one camera lasted less than a week

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Swap that troubled camera with one working well to see if it's the camera or location...

Rechargeable 123 batteries do work well and are cost effective tho they last aprox 1/2 the time of nonrechargeables ( cause they have half the power rating )

Tenergy ( approved by Arlo ) work well with their charger, there are others on the market too but be careful when buying.

NO rechargeable 123 cells will have more than about 700-750 mahr ( not physically possible ) and confirm they have an overcharge/over drain protection circuit. ( along with a compatible charging unit )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Ctm_paul
Aspirant
Aspirant
That’s the thing, I have a camera in the garage, one room over from the router and it went from 80 to 15 in a day. And it’s only set in motion detection. But the other cameras, front door and outside my garage both have new batteries, further away from the router and are still at 95 and they all got changed the same day
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Pull batteries and confirm they are all making contact... let the lid push batteries down

Morse is faster than texting!