Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Help, 2nd cam not saving video but can view it live?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Amandahugnkiss
Aspirant
Aspirant

In my library I'm not seeing any saved videos from cam 2 but I can view it live... Why ? Please help

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Amandahugnkiss wrote:
In my library I'm not seeing any saved videos from cam 2 but I can view it live... Why ? Please help

What camera model?

Can you make a manual recording with that camera?

Amandahugnkiss
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm pretty sure its just a basic arlo system with 2 cameras and on the app I can view both cameras on live but camera 2 isn't saving any records.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Amandahugnkiss wrote:
I'm pretty sure its just a basic arlo system with 2 cameras and on the app I can view both cameras on live but camera 2 isn't saving any records.

Can you make a manual recording of camera 2?

It is important to know if whether you have a Pro, Pro2, Pro3, or Ultra camera (or the original WireFree).  In your particular case, the Pro3 and Ultra require a subscription to record.

The Pro and Pro-2 use a microusb port on the back of the camera for charging.  Pro3 and Ultra use a magnetic connection on the bottom.  

The Pro has a black edge around the front of the camera, the Pro2 has a white edge.  There are photos here: https://www.pocket-lint.com/smart-home/buyers-guides/netgear/147601-arlo-vs-arlo-pro-vs-arlo-pro-2-v...

Amandahugnkiss
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ah, I see. Its the pro2
Amandahugnkiss
Aspirant
Aspirant
And yes I can manually record and it saves but it should record and save a clip whenever it detects motion and its not doing that..
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you checked to verify that an appropriate mode is selected and that the mode has a rule for the camera? Mode tab, click on your base and check your modes.