Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Original arlo cams all went offline this week. Able to get Pro back online but not original.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Mikeshop
Tutor
Tutor

This week my base station, 4 original cams and an arlo pro all went down. I was able to get the station and pro back but the originals will no longer work.  Wasn’t there a system wide maintenance this week?  I’m wondering if this is the cause. 

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If the base was offline for a while, I would check to see if the original Arlo cameras batteries are still good...

they get depleted fast if there is no base connection.

( the voltage of a new 123 cell is 3.2v, a dead battery is about >2.8v )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
edoy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here.  I have 4 original Arlo cameras and base station plus the Arlo Audio Doorbell.  I can see the Audio Doorbell online but the cameras are offline.  Replacing with full batteries in the cameras did not help.  Resetting, powering off base, removing and re-adding devices did not help.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi edoy,

If your Arlo cameras are showing offline, try following these troubleshooting steps on this link: My Arlo wire-free camera is offline; how can I troubleshoot it?

Mikeshop
Tutor
Tutor

All the resetting problem solving from arlo failed. I’m sure that whatever system wide maintenance they did last week bricked my original cameras.  Disappointed that this happened with no help from arlo. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Mikeshop,

If you're still having problems, I would suggest to contact the Support Team so they can help you further. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Mikeshop
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks Captain Obvious. I contacted support. They were unable to help. They are sending out 1 replacement camera to narrow down the issue. They also sent a ridiculously large box with 4 batteries in it. The box was comically big for the items sent.
johnmsch
Tutor
Tutor

Same here.  I've had quite enough of this Arlo system.  Nothing but problems since day 1 and support, when you can actually get someone on the phone, is absolutely useless.  But, I do feel a bit sorry for them.  Its very difficult to support a product where the hardware and software is utter and complete garbage.

Time for me to move on to a different platform and let the world know what a horrible product Arlo is!