Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
fkme
Apprentice
Apprentice
anyways to change push notification sound?
49 REPLIES 49
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The settings are changable in Android... I know it take a bit longer for ios due to their approval setup.

You could check and add here if not found ;   https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange/idb-p/arlo-idea-exchange

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Canceo1999
Initiate
Initiate
I'm being told by Netgear that changing the notification tone setting is not an option at all for IOS.
oxymoronic
Initiate
Initiate

Just switched to iPhone, and surprised to find that the Arlo app does not offer customized notification sounds. So I have to look at every sound to see what it is ( or ignore it altogether - which defeats the purpose of the cameras ) . I then find here that Netgear has been promising for almost a year (in this thread alone- perhaps longer, as one user indicated) to include this feature in an update "coming soon". Still, no joy. Makes me wonder if I wasted nearly hundreds of dollars on a product that isn't supported by its manufacturer. 

Very disappointed in Netgear. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

oxymoronic,

The Arlo team is still working hard to deliver new features to all existing Arlo product lines. I encourage you to continue offering your support for new ideas within the Arlo Idea Exchange by adding Kudos.

JamesC

Debszoo43
Initiate
Initiate
Very disappointed that we cannot change the alert for motion detection on the iPhone. This noise does not wake us up, and I see in the notes it's something you've been working on for over a year. This is very critical.
mattman8569
Initiate
Initiate
It has been 8 months. Where is the ios fix!?!? Major disappointment Netgear.
Pat64
Initiate
Initiate
Any new song on the possible costomisation of the push notifications sounds on IOS
Would be great
vibaka
Initiate
Initiate

Any update from Netgear on this very important feature? seems it has been asked for very long time

Islandliving
Initiate
Initiate
Any updates on when IPhones Arlo App will let you adjust sound on motion alert push notifications? This is really a critical feature if using it as a detection mechanism. If in the middle of the night I want to be able to hear these alerts with a different tone then other phone notifications.
stuttis
Initiate
Initiate

I can read that this is OK on andriod, but when is it coming for IOS.

stuttis

sdo
Initiate
Initiate

when will change notification sounds be available for ios?

last mention is nearly 10months old

phrasewarden
Initiate
Initiate

My expectation is that this will never happen for iOS. Ever. I've been a software engineer for 38 years, and when a simple feature like sound changes doesn't happen for years, the usual reason is that the code was written a long time ago, and it's unmaintainable, and the guy who wrote it is not with the company anymore, and nobody dares touch the code because they don't know what else will break. Go on, prove me wrong. But this is why I believe such a simple new "feature" (which is already present in the Android version) will not appear in the iOS version.

cpz
Aspirant
Aspirant
On Android it is possible to customize push sound notifications but it is the same sound for all the cameras... Would it be possible to have this setting at a camera level?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No and I would suspect it's not possible since it's at the phone level, not inside the app.

molobecky
Initiate
Initiate
Any update for iOS to change notification sounds? Last update was for Android in Feb 2017.
sn0wballz
Star
Star

Is there an official response to this from Arlo? I understand it was added for Android in the beginning of the year but they also said it was coming to ios "soon." How much longer do we have to wait or should we just stop waiting?

LtSteveCox
Tutor
Tutor
I have to agree with everyone on this topic. Looks like Netgear could at least explain why "soon" has taken forever and still no change. Looks like if they can provide this feature with the android, iOS shouldn't be that hard. Come on Netgear, DO SOMETHING!!!!!
sn0wballz
Star
Star
Everyone still looking for this feature please goto this thread and give it kudos: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/Change-iOS-app-notification-sound/idi-p/1476238/...

This thread is marked solved, it is for android but it’s not for iOS. Use the new idea thread please.
guihell
Initiate
Initiate

you wrote : 'coming soon for iOS' on 2017-02-27 02:04 PM

any news ? 

Blueysrn
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m so disappointed I can’t not receive sound notifications because I have an iPhone.  Nearly 3hours after the fact , I noticed one of my cameras recorded motion.  Someone was hiding along side my car in the driveway.  I do sit my phone down when I’m at work and home, and there is no way for real time notifications.  I have 6 useless cameras.  I don’t see what’s the purpose if I can be alerted when something is happening.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's no issue for sound when a push notification happens. This thread is for a DIFFERENT sound which is possible for Android but not yet for iOS.

If you're not getting notification sounds, check your settings for both the app and phone. Perhaps reinstalling the app would help. Be sure to accept all permissions.

petpeeve
Initiate
Initiate

How do I set a different (unique) notification sound for each of my two cameras?   I'm getting a pushed notification fro motion detected,  but I don't know which camera is detecting the motion,  because the notification sounds are the same.

Is there a way to set a unique notification sound alert for each camera?

sn0wballz
Star
Star
@petpeeve are you on Android? If so I do not know. If you’re on iPhone visit this thread and give it kudos: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/Change-iOS-app-notification-sound/idi-p/1476238/...
Lo3an
Guide
Guide
I am disappointed with Arlo Pro. Im using an Iphone 7. The notification sound is very low (i cant change the volume higher or change sound). This is useless for me. If possible, please recommend another product that is:

- similar setup as Arlo
- does everything that Arlo does
- ability to change the notification sound

thanks