Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

change push notification sound

Discussion stats
fkme
Apprentice
Apprentice
anyways to change push notification sound?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We have introduced a new feature that allows push notification customization including tone, LED color and more!

Currently available on Android and coming soon for iOS.

View solution in original post

49 REPLIES 49
fkme
Apprentice
Apprentice

fkme
Apprentice
Apprentice
Android phone
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Nope. Maybe a separate app if it exists.
ThermoDyn
Star
Star

Not sure when this happened but there is now a setting in the android arlo app to change the notification sound to something different then the standard notification sound.

Thanks Netgear!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We have introduced a new feature that allows push notification customization including tone, LED color and more!

Currently available on Android and coming soon for iOS.

fkme
Apprentice
Apprentice

yippi, iam famous

Spoiler

Smiley Happy

TDxDefence
Initiate
Initiate
Release date for iOS?
fkme
Apprentice
Apprentice

be sweet if the push sound was customisable or have a siren that rings until you reacte to it.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
It now does in the latest app (at least the Android app). Go to Settings and swipe down to the new Notifications section.
phrasewarden
Initiate
Initiate

coming soon for iOS.

Can you define the word "soon"? When can we expect to see this in iOS?

fkme
Apprentice
Apprentice

be good to use a custom sound?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm using a non-standard sound (Android).

fkme
Apprentice
Apprentice

by non standard i am assuming you mean one of the sounds from the list?

I am suggesting selecting a sound from the phone, not from the list of sounds....

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
No, I use a sound that's one I saved years ago from another device in my own Notifications folder.
fkme
Apprentice
Apprentice

ok, how does one add a sound to this Notifications folder?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I suppose it depends on the phone and/or OS.  My phones have all had two folders named Ringtones and Notifications in the user area, typically name /sdcard (might vary according to OS). I use ES File Manager to navigate there to place other sounds.  My non-standard sound is in Notifications and the app picks it up fine.

iaindgordon
Tutor
Tutor

I see that this adjustment has been requested since 2015. This is ridiculous as it makes the syatem almost unusable. We are now told that its available in android but not yet ios. What's the story ? Customer service ?

Time to fix this.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

iaindgordon,

This feature will be coming in the future for iOS. Currently, I do not have an ETA.

JamesC

iaindgordon
Tutor
Tutor
Hello Kudo, I would be very grateful if you would explain how you get the app to pick up from your notification folder. I have tried adjusting by changing ringtones but no joy.
Thanks

Iain gordon
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

iOS or Android?  Not available in iOS while Android may depend on the phone/OS.  I have a ringtone in the Notifications folder in the /sdcard user area that gets picked up fine.

splais
Initiate
Initiate

When I first saw this system thought it was great.  BUT it has two major flaws that make it basically worthless.  The inability to set a "notification" tone (if you have an iphone) you can actually hear is a huge weakness.  The fact they have been promising to fix this for two years is totally unacceptable. I get notifications in the middle of the night I never see because notification sound is so weak.

The second major flaw is the lack of an external (outside) alarm either the system will set off or the user can set off.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Android app has the ability to change the notification sound.  Supposedly in the works for iOS.

The Pro base has a siren although it's in the base, not separate.

splais
Initiate
Initiate

and your point is?????

Canceo1999
Initiate
Initiate
I am unable to change my push notification settings on my iPhone. This is a very very serious problem, as it's not waking me up. The little ding sound is not good enough. When will this be fixed and possible for IOS.??!!